Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spokes rubbing chainstay
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I feel like I've posted a few questions already about my Blue Triad SL build, and here's another one. Thanks for all the help so far.

So I have my Blue Triad SL frameset with some Shimano Dura Ace C75 tubs. I've fitted the correct Blue rear derailleur hanger, and got the skewers aligned correctly, but the spokes of the wheel are rubbing on the left side chainstay.
I mean, it's not like it's an issue with wheel width is it? Because the 25C tyres fit with plenty of room. It's just the spokes hitting the left side chainstay, and strangely enough the right side has plenty of clearance despite the wheel looking straight.

If I pull the wheel all the way rearwards in the horizontal dropouts, it solves the issue (although the spokes are still fairly close to hitting the chainstay), but how close can the wheel sit to the edge of the dropouts before it becomes insecure?

Any other thoughts on what's causing this or any solutions?
Quote Reply
Re: Spokes rubbing chainstay [zarb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pics...
Quote Reply
Re: Spokes rubbing chainstay [zarb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zarb wrote:

Any other thoughts on what's causing this or any solutions?
WIth horizontal dropouts this is a bit harder to check but is the dish correct? Put that wheel into a standard (vertical dropout) frame and see where the rim and tire ends up laterally. Then flip the wheel around (left for right) and see if it's shifted over to the right or left. If it does not end up in the same place, and specifically if the rim always ends up displaced towards the non-drive-side of the wheel, then that is the problem.

Less is more.
Quote Reply