Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speed concept 7.5 AeroJacket
Quote | Reply
anybody know if you can put a Wheelbuilder AeroJacket on a zipp 808 and not have it rub the sensor on a Trek Speed Concept 7.5? I have read a few different responses/reviews, but I wanted to get a variety of perspectives before going out and purchasing one-thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept 7.5 AeroJacket [littlebogota] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked something similar a while ago in the Speed Concept thread. Sounds like you will be ok per the responses there.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=5388976;search_string=;#5388976
Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept 7.5 AeroJacket [Burhed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks; I just stumbled upon that thread. Did you ever personally put an AeroJacket on a wheel that you used w/ speed concept
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it with a stock wheel. I had to tape it down a bit and gently shave the grommet for the speedo sensor. I rode it a couple thousand miles like that.

The deeper the wheel generally the more clearance you get.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Works with my Zipp 1080. There would be a steeper angle with the 1080 I believe. It gets kind of close but as long as the cover is seated right it won't rub.

Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept 7.5 AeroJacket [beavertriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had one on a 2014 7.5 with 808's and did not have an issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this is an old thread by has anyone used an aerojacket on a speed concept with the aura 5 or Aeolus 5 wheelset? I have the aura 5 on the SC7.8 I just bought and want to use a disk cover. I can tell that there is going to be a problem with the duotrap sensor so does anyone have any pictures of how they taped the cover to get around this?

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept 7.5 AeroJacket [Bandade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I took my duotrap out since I have/use a Garmin. Otherwise that sensor was all over my cover with my Zipp 808.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bandade wrote:
I know this is an old thread by has anyone used an aerojacket on a speed concept with the aura 5 or Aeolus 5 wheelset? I have the aura 5 on the SC7.8 I just bought and want to use a disk cover. I can tell that there is going to be a problem with the duotrap sensor so does anyone have any pictures of how they taped the cover to get around this?

Thanks,

I have an aerojacket on an Aeulos 5's on a SC 7.5 Gen 2. I do not get any rub with the cover and the duotrap sensor embedded in the frame, but I DO NOT have the magnet on the wheel. The Magnet stays on my trainer wheel and I just use my GPS outside with the cover on my racing wheel. If I had the magnet on the spoke under the cover, it may push the cover out enough to rub, I donno, I have not tried.

If I were you, I would consider if you need the duotrap at all...
Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept 7.5 AeroJacket [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had an aerojacket on a 808, on my 7.5, no problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2014 SC 7.5 with hed jet 6 black and the wheel builder was sketchy. Super close and tight even with it taped. If that helps at all.....
Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept 7.5 AeroJacket [Blainyboy8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sketchy as in you wouldn't use it during a race? I'm running Hed Jet 9s (not the plus) and debating on trying an aerojacket
Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept 7.5 AeroJacket [JPDMD25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the duo tap sensor, no way.
Without it, prob not. Even though it might be ok, I would just be thinking about it rubbing the whole time and it would annoy me and just be one last thing to think about.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept 7.5 AeroJacket [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you taping the non-drive side? I don't have the duotrap, I just have the plug they put in the frame from the plant but that whole area of the frame kind of sticks out as you know. I have the Aura 5 which are 23mm wide so I'm guessing if you can get it to work, I should be able to as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping this for some input....

Any experience with aero jacket on a HED jet plus 90 ?

No duotrap sensor, just the factory plug in place. Any clearance issues if taped tightly on non-drive side? Other ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept 7.5 AeroJacket [Tigertater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was all with a 60 plus but I imagine it would be the same. Large speed concept.
If it was taped PERFECT and everything was JUST right it would barely barely barely fit. But i found it would run when riding with the flex and what not. Annoyed me and I kept thinking that the little rub here and there prob offsets the gains from the cover.
So I broke down and bought a jet disc plus. So glad I did. Just leave my race tire and tube in there and never have to fuss with it race week.
Keep an eye out for a used one and you’ll be glad you did.

Oh also I don’t know if I was taping it wrong but I also found that trying to “suck in” the non drive side by taping never, just wasn’t that reliable. Didn’t even want to think what would happen if it came loose during a race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotcha....thanks for the info!
Quote Reply