Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specific training gap
Quote | Reply
Last few races, half distance. Have been seeing a steady decay in bike power from about half way through the bike. On the run legs I am running more like an IM try to slow down as little as possible.

In last 12 months stopped doing specific training, focused on just doing 10-12 hours a week of work while doing more with job and family.

Without being spectacular my 2* 20 on the home trainer is done at 285 watts, I have a steady diet of 50 K per week running with one session a week 13K at 405 K pace.

There has been no longer bike session at all.

Is this perhaps the solution or accept that if you can't put the time in do shorter events
Quote Reply
Re: Specific training gap [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are you asking? Are you if it’s the best training plan then, no it’s not. Are you asking if it’s the best use of your limited resources? It seems fine. You haven’t described your resources in much detail so it’s hard tell exactly what you’re working with. At first blush, it would seem your plan lacks progression and variety. If all you do is ride and run at the same effort, repeated forever, you won’t get any stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: Specific training gap [Karl.n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know its not the best training plan for going longer. I'm asking if given a decent FTP, reasonable run base will adding a Bike focus for a period or once per week on enduring at 80 % -90 % for 3 hours or more help
Quote Reply