Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero
Quote | Reply
I posted this in another thread but no one ever responded.

There seems to be a new Sitero saddle, but the Spesh website is very unclear.

I know there is a new Power Arc, which is a bit of an update to the Power. But when you scroll through on the Power Arc Pro listing, there is clearly another saddle being displayed and it looks like a new Sitero. And on the Sitero Expert Gel listing the same saddle is shown, along with the older model.

Whatever this new saddle is, it looks very nice, but I can't find info on it anywhere. Anybody have any insight?
Last edited by: teichs42: Dec 28, 17 9:59
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Sitero was an instant saddle sore generator for me. Never want to see one of those again.

Seriously though, I don’t think December is a good time to roll out new product. Way too much going on to generate buzz about a bike saddle. You might try something like the U.K. site. No idea what the IT guys at Specialized are doing, but you find different products and versions on different sites.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new sitero is a mix of the power and the old sitero, i don't know how wide it is but it has a really similar shape to the new power arc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
I posted this in another thread but no one ever responded.

There seems to be a new Sitero saddle, but the Spesh website is very unclear.

I know there is a new Power Arc, which is a bit of an update to the Power. But when you scroll through on the Power Arc Pro listing, there is clearly another saddle being displayed and it looks like a new Sitero. And on the Sitero Expert Gel listing the same saddle is shown, along with the older model.

Whatever this new saddle is, it looks very nice, but I can't find info on it anywhere. Anybody have any insight?
My guess is whoever updated the website goofed, and a few of the "new Sitero" pictures got posted where they shouldn't have.

On the Power Arc Pro page, the black option shows mostly the correct pictures, but there are 3 that are obviously a different saddle in there, I'm guessing the new Sitero since the nose appears to be even shorter than the real Power Arc Pro.

On the Sitero Expert Gel page, all of the options are consistent except for the second black option, which has pictures for at least 3 different saddles in there (one isn't even black).

Based on those pictures, the new Sitero looks interesting, kinda like a Power Arc but with wider front section and larger cutout. But it doesn't appear to actually be for sale yet. I'm pretty sure if you order that black Sitero Expert Gel expecting to get the newer-looking saddle with the large cutout, you'd be disappointed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got this when I browsed the saddles, the sitero pro: https://www.specialized.com/...?color=219207-133006

Actually the Canadian site doesn't even show the old sitero, just the new pro and expert.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsk wrote:
But it doesn't appear to actually be for sale yet. I'm pretty sure if you order that black Sitero Expert Gel expecting to get the newer-looking saddle with the large cutout, you'd be disappointed.

The photos were definitely mix-matched. I needed a new Sitero and ordered one not knowing whether I'd get the new one or old one. Old one it was. Which is fine since the saddle works for me and the new one would have been an X Factor.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero [tickyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tickyboy wrote:
I got this when I browsed the saddles, the sitero pro: https://www.specialized.com/...?color=219207-133006

Actually the Canadian site doesn't even show the old sitero, just the new pro and expert.
Yeah I checked again today and the Sitero Pro is on the US site as well, they must have just updated it.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsk wrote:
tickyboy wrote:

Yeah I checked again today and the Sitero Pro is on the US site as well, they must have just updated it.

I was just about to say the same thing! It's nice to have a new option. This new Sitero looks very nice.

If anyone gets one, please come back and update us on the new saddle and if you can compare it to the older one.

ETA: Interesting...it doesn't show on the US page. I guess they only updated the Canada page
Last edited by: teichs42: Jan 2, 18 9:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just called up Specialized and was told that the US market is not supposed to show that saddle on the website, it was a mistake that they made. He does not know when it will be officially released either.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero [Charleslo_99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So....company out of the USA offers its newest offering to everyone outside of the USA?? Didn't there used to be someone from Specialized on Slowtwitch? Not understanding the logic.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Local Specialized rep said that even though it is shown on the Canadian website, it is not available. He added that they don't expect the saddle to be available until 2019. I don't believe him.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The girlfriend and I picked up one of these each at our LBS over the weekend in Brisbane, Australia so they’re definitely on the market somewhere in the world. They only had two left and said that currently Specialized Australia had no stock and that the next lot in had already been allocated to shops etc. A nice touch is the inclusion of a direct mount reserve rack with the ability to mount either 1 or 2 bottles.

First ride out of the box was 3 hours and both of us loved how comfy it is. (As some background I have the power 143 mm on my road bike and love it) I’ve tried the original sitero before and was not a fan at all but think I’ve found my new seat of choice after finding the Adamo Attack slightly too wide which led to all sorts of minor (but annoying) issues.

Edit: Trying to include photos but won’t work for some reason :/
Last edited by: simonforster: Mar 4, 18 16:42
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero [simonforster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized just let us know that some new road products will be dropping later this month. Don't know if the new sitero is on the list but it's the a possibility.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim wrote:
Specialized just let us know that some new road products will be dropping later this month. Don't know if the new sitero is on the list but it's the a possibility.

Completely lame....they put Ben Hoffman on one of these. I get the fact that Pros can try new stuff. Specialized made it available on their Canadian/Euro website....but you couldn't buy it. I want one....but apparently I am hosed....after spending thousands with Specialized. I had my LBS try to buy....no dice.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero [simonforster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
simonforster wrote:
The girlfriend and I picked up one of these each at our LBS over the weekend in Brisbane, Australia so they’re definitely on the market somewhere in the world. They only had two left and said that currently Specialized Australia had no stock and that the next lot in had already been allocated to shops etc. A nice touch is the inclusion of a direct mount reserve rack with the ability to mount either 1 or 2 bottles.

First ride out of the box was 3 hours and both of us loved how comfy it is. (As some background I have the power 143 mm on my road bike and love it) I’ve tried the original sitero before and was not a fan at all but think I’ve found my new seat of choice after finding the Adamo Attack slightly too wide which led to all sorts of minor (but annoying) issues.

Edit: Trying to include photos but won’t work for some reason :/

Lucky!! I really want to try this saddle. I have a 143 Power on my road too and it's made a big difference for me. First traditional shaped road saddle I've been able to ride on (was previously using ISMs).

Where do you sit on it? On the front like a split nose or more towards the middle? I never tried the original Sitero, and I want to, but I'd rather wait for this new one if it's coming soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero [tickyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Local shop had it in stock a couple weeks ago, it's definitely out there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me it’s a bit of everywhere. I can pick up the same bones as the ISM Attack and sit at the front or shuffle a bit back and put my sit bones on it. I usually end up the middle area though as it’s comfiest for me.

I was the same in terms of traditional seats. I could ride anything until I did my first Ironman and ever since I’ve struggled to find something comfy. Still tempted to give an ISM PN 3.0 a go though...

Also I put the photos in a public Dropbox folder so hopefully this will work! https://www.dropbox.com/..._wSNahtu7wTisza?dl=0
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
simonforster wrote:
For me it’s a bit of everywhere. I can pick up the same bones as the ISM Attack and sit at the front or shuffle a bit back and put my sit bones on it. I usually end up the middle area though as it’s comfiest for me.

I was the same in terms of traditional seats. I could ride anything until I did my first Ironman and ever since I’ve struggled to find something comfy. Still tempted to give an ISM PN 3.0 a go though...

Also I put the photos in a public Dropbox folder so hopefully this will work! https://www.dropbox.com/..._wSNahtu7wTisza?dl=0

Awesome! Thanks for the insight. That saddle length channel, I think, is the thing that has me wanting to wait for this over the original model. That drop on the nose also looks better than the original. Hopefully Specialized drops this soon in the states. I tried searching around the internets for it and only found one site that said they wouldn't ship to here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
simonforster wrote:

Awesome! Thanks for the insight. That saddle length channel, I think, is the thing that has me wanting to wait for this over the original model. That drop on the nose also looks better than the original. Hopefully Specialized drops this soon in the states. I tried searching around the internets for it and only found one site that said they wouldn't ship to here.

We need a slowtwitcher in the UK to ship a box full of them over to us... :)
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's available in Canada, I just ordered two of the pro version from my local bike shop and they are due to arrive tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may give it a try. I'm on the fabric tri in canada and this looks possibly a bit comfier. ISM/Cobb don't work for me. Only other option I see for myself is trying dash.

How much was it to order?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing those pics-
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
It's available in Canada, I just ordered two of the pro version from my local bike shop and they are due to arrive tomorrow.

Okay...who wants to get me one and ship it to the states?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized dealers (or employees) re: new Sitero [dand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No probs! If anyone wants any particular pics/details of the seat let me know and I should be able to help!

On a side note I compared my Adamo Attack nose width and this is ever so slightly narrower at the nose (haven’t measured it though so can’t say exactly how much though)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man no kidding! How does this happen with an American company? I’m sure there is a really good explanation but geez.
Quote Reply

Prev Next