Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Trivent Expert shoe
Quote | Reply
I tried on Specialized Trivent Expert and I could not close the Velcro strap. Strap was so short, or the shoe narrow, that the Velcro patches on the shoe and the strap did not overlap. My feet aren't wide. I've always worn medium width shoes. Never once did I buy a wide.

Their other cycling shoes fit me just fine. In fact my training shoe is the Expert Road.

Before I give up on the Expert and blow $400 on the S-Works Trivent instead, is there anything I can do? Was this shoe defective somehow? Or is this how they are made?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Trivent Expert shoe [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The S-Works Trivent is one weird shoe. It either works for you or it doesn't. You'll see what I mean if you try it on. The boa is cool but it feels weird

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: May 4, 15 19:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you swap out the insole for one with less volume?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Trivent Expert shoe [mstyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it might be a defective shoe? I have had them for 2 years now and never had any problems. They are really comfortable and airy for those hot races. I did have to size down .5 that my usual shoe size.

Jeff Abbott - @run1fast
jabbott@headsweats.com
Headsweats - Custom Team singlets $8 / Cycling Jerseys $25
Abbott Event Solutions - Brand Rep and Event Manager
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Trivent Expert shoe [abbottj123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay thanks. It was odd. The strap folded over right where the Velcro was, and it would not reach far enough to close. Yes I pulled the strap as tight as I could and my feet slid into the shoes okay. The size was 45 same as my other shoes. I only tried that one pair at a shop so have no other comparison.

>>Can you swap out the insole for one with less volume?

Possibly. This was at a shop so I could not play with them too much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same issue for the right shoe. I have high arches and wear an orthotic so I assumed that was the reason. I can really tighten the strap and it will catch but will often release during the race. Last week I tried the standard insole on the right shoe and kept orthotic on the left shoe and that worked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine have been fine, however I did notice one time when I was doing a trainer ride after work and forgot to take my socks off that they velcro didn't seem to close fully. So it certainly is possible that if something little is off like the insole height it could make it hard if socks were enough. They do seem to just have enough to close, if they are a little off in how they were manufactured definitely could be impossible to close. Thought I had a good picture of them on my phone I was going to post so you could compare but angle isn't right.

I do love them though.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Trivent Expert shoe [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay thanks. With the shoes I tried the Velcro overlapped by literally 1 mm not enough to close at all let alone keep it closed for 3 hours of pedaling. I'll go and try them again, and mess with insoles too. This was 100% stock shoe with the stock insoles, brand new at a Spec authorized dealer. They took them out of the box in front of me.

Edit: lest you wonder I'm looking at Spec shoes because I have a $100 credit from them for the Shiv recall. I can't think of anything else I need from them. I already own 4 helmets.
Last edited by: Dilbert: May 5, 15 13:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It happens to me sometimes and I just ride with only the front velcro strapped....don't notice any issues riding dirty.

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply