Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Transition and Tob Tube Gel Flask
Quote | Reply
I currently use EFS Gel from the jug and use the FUEL BELT brand bike gel flask mounted on the top tube.

Has anyone tried this setup? Because of the narrow/thin top tube it makes it difficult to fasten the holster tightly while still allowing the Gel flask to slide in and out freely. I had an Oly race this weekend with this setup and spent more time out of the Aero position than i would have liked fumbling with sliding the flask back into the holster?

Any suggestions?

(i could go back to Gels taped to the top tube but i want to continue using EFS)
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition and Tob Tube Gel Flask [xm23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Titanflex also makes a TT gel flask hard to mount, some ideas that have worked for me:

-Affix it to the stem.

-Just place the flask in a back pocket of your trisuit, or in the back waist of your trishorts.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stem.

Or down the front of your top (provided the top is tight-fitting).

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition and Tob Tube Gel Flask [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Profile CSX aerobars and syntace stratos base bar so there isn't enough clearance (narrow) to mount it on the stem.

I guess i could try and stuff it down the race suit. Any experience doing that with the kiwami suits?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any experience doing that with the kiwami suits?

LOL...funnily enough, I wear KiWAMi. Think about it though. The type of suit doesn't matter...its the tightness across the torso (whatever you're wearing) that does. Stash it slightly off-centre, high on one of your pecs...unless you're female, they have a built-in flask holder ;)

I prefer the stem...sits nicely out of the wind in behind a standard bottle & cage horizontally mounted in the aerobars.

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not sure if it's an option you'd like, but for longer training rides i keep a fuel belt or hammer gel flask in my bento box. don't have to come out of aero to use it. i buy the hammer jugs 'cause i'm cheap ;)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
For longer i rides a i DO do this. I stash a fuel belt bottle in my jersey pocket.

Im looking for race day suggestions with such a thin top tube...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, you mentioned Kiwami suits. The trinergy has a small zippered pocket in the back.

Tape the flask to your top tube. Pull it off once you are on your merry way and into your shoes on the bike. Put flask in the pocket.

I have to ask why you are taking a gel flask along in an Olympic distance race.

---------------------------------------------------

Brawndo's got what plants crave. Brawndo's got electrolytes. And that's what plants crave. They crave electrolytes. Which is what Brawndo has. And that's why plants crave Brawndo. Not water, like from the toilet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

(i could go back to Gels taped to the top tube but i want to continue using EFS)
Yes, go back to Gels taped to the top tube and save yourself the hassle especially for an OLY.
Quote Reply