Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Torch 3.0 Review
Quote | Reply
I'm not a professional reviewer, but I thought this would be informative for those who are interested. I recently bought the Torch 3.0, mainly due to the claim that there was more room in the toe box. I do not have wide feet at all, but my S Works Sub 6 shoes have a very low profile toe box that started to hurt my feet on rides over 3 hours. I love those shoes for rides shorter than that, but I wanted a road shoe for my longer efforts. The Torch 3.0 delivers on the promise of additional room in the toe box. So far I have about 200 miles on the shoes and I have had no problems on long my long ride (5 ish hours) with any toe restriction. I know these are 8.5 on the Specialized stiffness scale and my S Works shoes are something like 13, but I don't notice any decrease in power transfer. All and all I am very pleased and these are very comfortable.

FYI a size 43 Specialized is the same as a size 42.5 Giro and the same as a size 42 Fizik.

I am now happily settled on Giro Empires for long course and TTs, S Works for crits and shorter races and the Torch 3.0s for long days on the road.

YMMV, etc. all that good stuff.
Quote Reply