Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speaking of Wildflower....
Quote | Reply
OK so who is going and which race are you doing?

me? I'm working....Head Ref Olympic Dist.,asst Ref Long Course

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: Speaking of Wildflower.... [eric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm doing the Olympic. Please be kind.

Quote:
"Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit."

Saddlesore Wink

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there, jumping from the Olympic last year to the half this year and hoping to do just as well. Getting ready to book the RV tonight and will be there from Tuesday night thru Sunday night.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Speaking of Wildflower.... [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm rolling in Wed am, going to ride and run a bit before the festivites start.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long Course. Driving down from SF Thursday afternoon. It's my first Wildflower. woo hoo!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm supposed to be doing the LC. We'll see.

Eric: Will you be w/the club or in the officials encampment in Lynch? ;-)

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm doing the long course and reffing the Oly. I'll be up there Wednesday as well.

Larry
Quote Reply
Re: Speaking of Wildflower.... [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lynch

where we get serenaded at 4am by Traci of Tri Cal [rollerblading lady in the transition area] on her bullhorn waking up all the minions of volunteers from Cal Poly "wake up volunteers its 4am wildflower morning followed by the whoop whoop of a siren( this goes on for 30 minutes) . This is the most horrid way to be roused when you could really use another hour of sleep......

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As soon as I get over my case of shingles (yuck) I'll get in the world's shortest base, build and taper for the half :-)

-giancarlo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'll be draggin my ass through the half and da ole lady will be doin the oly. the race will be easy next to chasin my 3 yr old up and down those hills again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long course... the thing about doing a half IM this early in the season (at least by my standards) is that it's going to hurt. On the other hand, I have a theoretical body clock advantage... waking up at 5:00 am is like waking up at 7:00 am my bodyclock time. Those two extra hours can make big difference for this candya$$ body. Just hope the weather cooperates.

Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long course - first time at Wildflower and first 1/2 IM distance. I am really looking forward to it. We are heading down there to take a look at the course this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long Course, first time. The race got earlier and earlier in my season as we got snow later and later here in New England. We had flurries last Sunday. I read about the training weekends put in by left coaster with fear and trepidation. The 5 am wake up call will be 8 am for my body clock. Probably the high point of my day!

Irony can be humorous, but it does not have to be.

"I've always said that an Ironman is a reflection of your character" - Kevin Moats
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm also doing LC, and this is also my first 1/2 IM. I'm planning to stay in Paso Robles, as the wife isn't a big camper and this was the only way to get her to come along. Anyone else doing this? I think the website says that it can take upwards of 2 hours to get to the lake from Paso Robles on race day. Is this an exaggeration, or am I in for a really long day?
Quote Reply
Re: Speaking of Wildflower.... [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John

I did that 3 years ago, you need to plan on at least an hour of driving with possibilities of fog on the way. then you need to park and ride down to transition. we left the hotel before 5am. it's doable and you do get a really good nights sleep

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Olympic. We were there training this past weekend. The weather was absolutely glorious!
Quote Reply
Re: Speaking of Wildflower.... [Jacquie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Long course. 1st Wildflower. Some friends rode the bike course last weekend and about 10mi of the run. (I'm always looking for tidbits about the course since I live in NYC and can't get there myself)

From their reports, it sounds very tough. I'm really looking forward to the race. We're camping. Picking up the RV in Fresno. On site Thursday around lunch time.

=============
Adam Duncan
New York, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there doing the Long Course for the seventh year in a row. I was there two weekends last month training on the course, and I'll be getting up there Tuesday morning to try and save a sight for some 50 club members doing the race. It is a great weekend and brutal course.

Mark
Inland Inferno Triathlon Club
Last edited by: Mark: Apr 3, 03 11:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long Course - 1st time. Did Olympic last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long course here. First time at wildflower. First tri too :) I figured I would go all out on the first one. Going down Friday and hopefully spectating on Sunday :)

Reverend Dr. Jay
Quote Reply
Re: Speaking of Wildflower.... [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Driving time with no traffic is 20-30 minutes but its a 2 lane windy road so I wouldn't be surprised if what they say is true. You can always wake up at 3 and be on the road by 3:30 am!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be doing the LC. First Wildflower. I also need to get off my arse and sign up for the officials clinic and help out on the Oly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long Course, first time at WF. I'm planning on being there on Thursday with my Honda Element for anyone who might want to see it.

Chris
Quote Reply