Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Soul Fenix II
Quote | Reply
Browsing the internet I came across this website www.bikesoul.com, they have all sorts of stuff, but also this Titanium TT frame, the Fenix II:

For those of you that like titanium. Looks nice to me from a purely aesthetic point of view (I love metal).

Cheers,
Martijn

Last edited by: Martijn: May 7, 14 0:16
Quote Reply
Re: Soul Fenix II [Martijn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This bikes look sick but I cannot find anything about them. You would think ST would be the place for info for something like this.

Is there any reason why the great titanium manufactures never created bikes with this style of geometry. This is where tri bikes are right now and this Fenix II looks awesome. Should I be concerned that this bike is flimsy or lacks what a traditionally bike geometry is built to have?
Quote Reply
Re: Soul Fenix II [digitalfitness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The titanium P3 lookalike was mentioned a few years ago. Looks a gorgeous frame, although I would imagine an absolutely hellishy difficult thing to weld.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Soul Fenix II [Martijn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks beautiful.
Quote Reply
Re: Soul Fenix II [digitalfitness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Soul bikes is based in my country, Singapore. He has been in business for awhile now, I think at least ten years? started out as a wheelbuilder using generic hubs and kinlin rims, but now has his own rim shapes that he designs himself .

His 30mm and 40mm alloy wheelsets are quite popular locally, and are good value if you take care of your equipment. They are also relatively cheap and have good quality. I own a set of the 30s myself. his wheels were recently reviewed here:

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/09/soul-s4-0-wheelset-review/

As for his background: The brother in law knows him personally and he is trained as an architect, and now designs most of his own stuff. His dad, a mechanical engineer, helps to certify all his designs before production. He has been working on a couple of CF prototypes (seen some local teams testing them) . NO aero testing claimed , but that's pretty unrealistic for a small setup run out of his own house.

Why titanium bikes have not created this style of geometry: They have. litespeed and Guru used to make these. Not anymore. demand for an titainium TT bike isn't very high, sadly.
Quote Reply
Re: Soul Fenix II [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davidalone wrote:
Soul bikes is based in my country, Singapore. He has been in business for awhile now, I think at least ten years? started out as a wheelbuilder using generic hubs and kinlin rims, but now has his own rim shapes that he designs himself .

His 30mm and 40mm alloy wheelsets are quite popular locally, and are good value if you take care of your equipment. They are also relatively cheap and have good quality. I own a set of the 30s myself. his wheels were recently reviewed here:

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/09/soul-s4-0-wheelset-review/

As for his background: The brother in law knows him personally and he is trained as an architect, and now designs most of his own stuff. His dad, a mechanical engineer, helps to certify all his designs before production. He has been working on a couple of CF prototypes (seen some local teams testing them) . NO aero testing claimed , but that's pretty unrealistic for a small setup run out of his own house.

Why titanium bikes have not created this style of geometry: They have. litespeed and Guru used to make these. Not anymore. demand for an titainium TT bike isn't very high, sadly.

His name is Sean, correct? From what I have heard he is very good about responding to email if the OP has any questions for him. Another option if you (OP) are looking for a Ti TT frame might Everti which is based out of Canada.

trav

Quote | Reply
travisml wrote:
Another option if you (OP) are looking for a Ti TT frame might Everti which is based out of Canada.

trav

Thanks, but it's not like I'm searching for a Ti TT frame. I just happened to run across it on the net and found it interesting. Like I said: I love metal (currently I have an alu TT bike and a steel road bike)

Martijn

Re: Soul Fenix II [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I went to Soul Bikes website and it shows that they make custom Ti frames. I am really interested in a Ti bike and wonder what ST thinks about the Fenix 2 frame in a road geometry?
Quote Reply
Re: Soul Fenix II [beekay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you ever get the Fenix II?
Quote Reply