Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Sorry for the spam attack which you all had to endure
Quote | Reply
it wasn't really spam. it was just an attack. we get these from time to time. i'm working on whittling down the IP bans right now, so when i do that those who were unwittingly caught in an IP ban will be allowed back in, but so will some of these bots. so we might have to endure a few more of these as the morning goes on, please be patient if you see a few more of these.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry for the spam attack which you all had to endure [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
North Korea?
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry for the spam attack which you all had to endure [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same dude who claims to have taken over flight controls of a commercial flight?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry for the spam attack which you all had to endure [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan my ip ban has been lifted. Please feel free to close my thread I made earlier. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry for the spam attack which you all had to endure [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last time I will ever try to log in to Slowtwitch at 330am PDT... ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't imagine fixing that. Also I know nothing about anything :D

Nice work and good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTC
;-)

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought it was "the call"...I had my Nike's laced up and was lying in my bunk-bed waiting for the Mothership.
Last edited by: KP-NJ: May 18, 15 10:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no worries.

That's what I get for staying up too late (after a race no less). -_-

I understand that it's a never ending game of cat and mouse. Reminds me of Road Runner and Wiley Coyote. Even though you are the good guy, and, the one we root for. You are Wiley Coyote using ACME "everything" to do the best you can - but... alas

I never once saw the Road Runner get caught.

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry for the spam attack which you all had to endure [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
manofthewoods wrote:

I never once saw the Road Runner get caught.

It happened, it wasn't pretty :) :)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriEqual has surprisingly strong and passionate supporters in China!
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry for the spam attack which you all had to endure [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
come on now! i traded some very cordial emails this morning with triequal's prez and VP. look forward to talking to them in the future about the state of racing, and sharing the conversations with you all.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, that should have been in pink but I look at pink the same way you look at capital letters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Road Runner is really winning again.

Fire up the ACME website attacker bot killer.

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump,

just so this gets above the spam for a fleeting moment.
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry for the spam attack which you all had to endure [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is how I feel when I'm at the tail end of my swim wave, nice slow comfortable solo swim and then BAM, the next wave just swamps me.
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry for the spam attack which you all had to endure [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We Europeans aren't having much luck browsing the slowtwitch boards in the morning nowadays!
Can all symbols be banned? is that a way to block the spammers?

Same thing happened to letsrun recently, it's really annoying.
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry for the spam attack which you all had to endure [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd actually suggest only allowing approved users to post. Say after a few days from creation of ID, and perhaps after a few posts in a Holding (Newbie?) Forum. Requiring admin approval.
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry for the spam attack which you all had to endure [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder if Dan is aware of this most recent attack. Or if they just are overwhelming firewalls.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yikes. . . bump for the GMT crowd

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here we go again :(

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shes back! head for the hills!

Rain*
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry for the spam attack which you all had to endure [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
yikes. . . bump for the GMT crowd

-mike

Another bump for us Europeans.

These attacks are seriously messing up my morning procrastination at work.
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry for the spam attack which you all had to endure [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or for us North Americans who get up crazy early...

Joel
Quote Reply
Re: Sorry for the spam attack which you all had to endure [joelt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we're on it a little earlier this morning.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next