Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but...
Quote | Reply
I don't really want to have to buy a swim skin. And isn't that the way they're normally worn? Rolled down beneath a swim skin (when it's not wetsuit legal, which here in NC is often)? Are you still not swimming in the sleeved suit alone?

I'm interested bc of aero and less sunburn.
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [smoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, to get a good fit, you may want it so tight that its tough to swim in... but as of 2016
Rule 4.03 (c) now means you down need a swim skin if you dont want one

Section 4.03 SWIMWEAR POLICY WHEN THE USE OF WETSUITS IS PROHIBITED
(a) Swimwear must be 100% textile material, which is defined as materials consisting of natural and/orsynthetic, individual and non‐consolidated yarns used to constitute a fabric by weaving, knitting and/or braiding (this generally refers to suits made only from nylon or lycra that do not have any rubberized material such as polyurethane or neoprene); (DSQ)
(b) Swimwear may contain a zipper;
(c) Sleeves that extend from shoulder to elbow may be worn;
(d) Wetsuit (neoprene) shorts/bottoms are prohibited (DSQ);
(e) Swimwear must not cover the neck, must not extend past the elbow, and must not extend past the knees; (DSQ) and
(f) A textile race kit may be worn underneath swimwear, provided, however, that the textile race kit must not extend past the elbow and must not extend past the knees. (DSQ)
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [smoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We got one for you that works like like swimskin, has a pad that floats, keeps you cool, and blocks 90% of the UVB rays.

RIVIERA SLEEVED TRISUIT

GREAT NEWS: Sleeved Trisuits are now legal for use in Ironman and 70.3 races, and it remains legal in many other races not owned by WTC. The Riviera Sleeved Trisuit was designed for this very purpose, with hydrodynamics as a factor, not just aerodynamics.
The new Mobius Comfort Compression Band offers a more equally graduated compression around the legs, so you get the same support with no tightness around the thighs.
The Riviera Sleeved Trisuit has the Patent Pending Integrated Riviera Ceramico™ 7mm Pad. This pad floats and stretches which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
The comfort, performance and functionality you've come to love in our Riviera Tri Shorts and Tri Bib, is now available in this amazing new Sleeved Riviera Trisuit!
Here is what you get in this trisuit:
    • Integrated Riviera Ceramico™ 7mm Pad (soft, stretchy, buoyant, and the most durable pad in the world).
    • Forza Compressor legs above the Mobius Comfort Compression Leg Bands
    • Waterlid™ Pockets that allow you to swim in this trisuit without a wetsuit.
    • Liftfoil center panels that make swimming in this without a wetsuit faster!
    • Shield Del Sol™ upper body for more sun protection.
    • Black modesty panels. We intentionally put black panels in the crotch area to avoid saddle stains and for a more flattering appearance.
    • Front zipper like in our Forza Trisuits, but read below about the Snake Zip™!

SnakeZip™...What is this?
Due to the unique fit and stretch of this garment, the SnakeZip™ is sewn onto the body of the garment as if the fabric were stretched onto the athlete's body so that the zipper does not inhibit the compressive fit, aerodynamics, and hydrodynamics. The end result is that when the garment is not on the body, the zipper naturally winds side to side. This will not only make the garment more comfortable, but it will also make it more durable.
This item is not designed for repeated use as a swim suit in a chlorinated pool.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'm not sure if I will, but I just checked the Athlete Guide for Honu 70.3 (not wet-suit legal) and it says:

"Swimwear must not cover the neck, extend past the elbow, nor extend past the knees."

I can't seem to find the 2015 version, but I have it from 2014 (when Crowie was DQ'ed) and the same section reads:

"Swimwear must not cover the neck, extend past the shoulder, nor extend past the knees."

And I assume it would be the same for Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kula wrote:
Thanks! I'm not sure if I will, but I just checked the Athlete Guide for Honu 70.3 (not wet-suit legal) and it says:

"Swimwear must not cover the neck, extend past the elbow, nor extend past the knees."

I can't seem to find the 2015 version, but I have it from 2014 (when Crowie was DQ'ed) and the same section reads:

"Swimwear must not cover the neck, extend past the shoulder, nor extend past the knees."

That is wrong. Seems like someone forgot to change the 2016 guide.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using the new 2xu sleeved and it is far superior in fit, confort as well as looks! The pad takes quite a.bit of pressure in your soft tissue and light/small enough not be even noticed when running.

Best kit of the 4 i have!

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're going to get any aero boost from the suit then you won't be able to really swim to your potential in it.
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

No, that's my point -- the 2016 guide is updated saying that short sleeves are now allowed for the swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
smoom wrote:
I don't really want to have to buy a swim skin. And isn't that the way they're normally worn? Rolled down beneath a swim skin (when it's not wetsuit legal, which here in NC is often)? Are you still not swimming in the sleeved suit alone?

I'm interested bc of aero and less sunburn.

Depends how long the transition area is from swim exit to the bike, and more importantly how long the race is. If Olympic or under, probably wouldn't bother. If 70.3 and longer, I would roll it down and put it on during the run to T1. I am currently using the Kiwami Spider Aero and it is easy to put the top on while running and wet. I was previously in the Kiwami LD Aero, and while a little bit tougher to put on when wet, it was still manageable.

Let me know if you have any Kiwami specific questions, more than happy to help.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A side question (didn't want to start a new thread as the topic is 98% overlapping):
Would a sleeved trisuit cause drag if not rolled up but worn under the swimskin or be slower than a non sleeved trisuit worn under it?
Cheers
Roberto
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playero wrote:
I'm using the new 2xu sleeved and it is far superior in fit, confort as well as looks! The pad takes quite a.bit of pressure in your soft tissue and light/small enough not be even noticed when running.

Is the kit new from last year. I have last years kit. Would it be possible to post a pic?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kula wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

No, that's my point -- the 2016 guide is updated saying that short sleeves are now allowed for the swim.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [teambernina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teambernina wrote:
A side question (didn't want to start a new thread as the topic is 98% overlapping):
Would a sleeved trisuit cause drag if not rolled up but worn under the swimskin or be slower than a non sleeved trisuit worn under it?
Cheers
Roberto

I don't have data but I'd have to think it would be slower because of restricted motion on the swim and drag in the water.

A properly fitted sleeved trisuit needs to be tight to be effective. Wrinkles will eliminate the aero benefits on the bike. Thus, what makes it work for the bike will mean it may not work as well for the swim, unless it is specifically designed for both of these as the suit that was posted earlier in the thread.
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some of the speed suits (remember when that used to refer to swimming but now refers to cycling?) have very stretchy material in the arms so they are tight and don't wrinkle.
It's possible to swim in the suit, I know people that have. That being said I have no plans to swim in my suit with the sleeves on. I'll just use my Kiwami ITU compliant kit as the swim skin or in a short race just wear that from gun to tape.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Kula wrote:

OK, I'm too lazy to look this up for myself, so feel free to say so.

But can you tell us if sleeved tri suits now legal for any race? (WTC, ITU, USAT, HITS, Challenge, or any other combination of letters that puts on a triathlon).

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sleeve suits are legal for WTC and USAT sanctioned races. Sleeve suits have always been legal for USAT races, but the WTC rule change made them work for this year. I am unfamiliar with the rest of the rule providers mentioned.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Sleeve suits are legal for WTC and USAT sanctioned races. Sleeve suits have always been legal for USAT races, but the WTC rule change made them work for this year. I am unfamiliar with the rest of the rule providers mentioned.
Thanks! That covers the races I'm planning on for now.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [teambernina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not think any research/studies have been done on that yet. I don't "roll" mine up. The Spider Aero is only attached at the rear so it is more of a hybrid 2 piece suit. With that it is able to lay a bit flatter underneath a swim skin.

I haven't found any issues wearing it under a wetsuit all the way up. No restrictions on the shoulders and my swims have not been effected.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you "lay" it under a swimskin or wetsuit? Is it flat against your lower back? Just curious if there are any things to be conscious of when the suit is "rolled" down (not on your shoulders) and putting on a swimskin/wetsuit.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never had an issue rolling it down under my wetsuit. I don't really roll it I more so have it kind of flat and am just careful when zipping up the suit.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
We got one for you that works like like swimskin, has a pad that floats, keeps you cool, and blocks 90% of the UVB rays.

RIVIERA SLEEVED TRISUIT

GREAT NEWS: Sleeved Trisuits are now legal for use in Ironman and 70.3 races, and it remains legal in many other races not owned by WTC. The Riviera Sleeved Trisuit was designed for this very purpose, with hydrodynamics as a factor, not just aerodynamics.
The new Mobius Comfort Compression Band offers a more equally graduated compression around the legs, so you get the same support with no tightness around the thighs.
The Riviera Sleeved Trisuit has the Patent Pending Integrated Riviera Ceramico™ 7mm Pad. This pad floats and stretches which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
The comfort, performance and functionality you've come to love in our Riviera Tri Shorts and Tri Bib, is now available in this amazing new Sleeved Riviera Trisuit!
    • Integrated Riviera Ceramico™ 7mm Pad (soft, stretchy, buoyant, and the most durable pad in the world).
    • Black modesty panels. We intentionally put black panels in the crotch area to avoid saddle stains and for a more flattering appearance.

Due to the unique fit and stretch of this garment, the SnakeZip™ is sewn onto the body of the garment as if the fabric were stretched onto the athlete's body so that the zipper does not inhibit the compressive fit, aerodynamics, and hydrodynamics. The end result is that when the garment is not on the body, the zipper naturally winds side to side. This will not only make the garment more comfortable, but it will also make it more durable.
This item is not designed for repeated use as a swim suit in a chlorinated pool.

Hi Emilio,

I love your stuff and have plenty of it. Any chance of making a version of this with a zipper long enough for "the rest of us", that is those that either can't or prefer not to pee ourselves on the bike/run. May of us out there use the port-o-can. The zipper just doesn't go down far enough without risking breaking the zipper or tearing the suit (the entire market seems to be this way). Pulling off a tight and getting it back on when wet is also an uncorfortable challenge. Just tossing an idea out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
playero wrote:

Is the kit new from last year. I have last years kit. Would it be possible to post a pic?

Nothing exactly new, just their sleeved trisuit bro... sorry didn't intend to mislead on a recent releasen just new to me! Lol

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am listening to you, believe me. I have a better innovation than using a longer zipper, which we plan on releasing in time for Ironman Kona. Slowtwitch will be the first place I post info on it.

J_R wrote:
Emilio wrote:

RIVIERA SLEEVED TRISUIT

Hi Emilio,

I love your stuff and have plenty of it. Any chance of making a version of this with a zipper long enough for "the rest of us", that is those that either can't or prefer not to pee ourselves on the bike/run. May of us out there use the port-o-can. The zipper just doesn't go down far enough without risking breaking the zipper or tearing the suit (the entire market seems to be this way). Pulling off a tight and getting it back on when wet is also an uncorfortable challenge. Just tossing an idea out there.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Athlete Guide has several inconsistencies and errors, it's a hot mess. Check out the run course in the guide and on the website, one loop versus 2-loop.
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm really interested in a sleeved tri suit but... [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wicked, although I suppose you'll name it in suitable Austin Power's terminology...

SteveMc
Quote Reply

Prev Next