Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So, if shaved legs=15 watts on the bike, how much time do shaved legs save me on a marathon?
Quote | Reply
I mean, it can't hurt one's time, and so it must help by some measure. I run 3:30, and so I am thinking at least a minute.

Thoughts?
Last edited by: tiptopshop: Jul 23, 14 16:48
Quote Reply
Re: So, if shaved legs=15 watts on the bike, how much time do shaved legs save me on a marathon? [tiptopshop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Less than drafting someone the entire way.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Re: So, if shaved legs=15 watts on the bike, how much time do shaved legs save me on a marathon? [tiptopshop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am still waiting for anyone who has really done this and someone can show it really made a time difference on the bike or run or with the spouse/girlfriend.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: So, if shaved legs=15 watts on the bike, how much time do shaved legs save me on a marathon? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
I am still waiting for anyone who has really done this and someone can show it really made a time difference on the bike or run or with the spouse/girlfriend.

I cannot wait until Jackmott or somebody jumps on and says, "you just can't do at home testing and know if the results are real because of air quality, blah blah blah"

FWIW... we are talking about anywhere from 0-80 seconds over 40K at almost 30mph... that's pretty hard to do a test at home and figure out if it works. I'll just take them at their word.
Quote Reply
Re: So, if shaved legs=15 watts on the bike, how much time do shaved legs save me on a marathon? [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

I cannot wait until Jackmott or somebody jumps on and says, "you just can't do at home testing and know if the results are real because of air quality, blah blah blah"

FWIW... we are talking about anywhere from 0-80 seconds over 40K at almost 30mph... that's pretty hard to do a test at home and figure out if it works. I'll just take them at their word.

I used to shave my legs in highschool when I had to be taped everyday before basketball. It was a total hassle. Since I have round tubing on my funky bike, I guess I just will live with the
3 to 4 minutes I lose to my competitors. :o(

But some say with smooth legs they get lucky more often

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply