Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by TNTRI
Re: Smart trainer [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the TaCX Bushido Smart. It's self powered and works great with Zwift. Can easily take it outdoors or for warmup since it doesn't plug in.
Got mine from a german website. Name escapes me at the moment. Definitely under $500 and about 7-10 days to arrive.

Multiple threads about this trainer and the website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TNTRI wrote:
Looking into getting a smart trainer to do a lot of my bike training on. Preferably one that can be hooked up with Zwift or some other program and will automatically change the resistance to go along with it. Any recommendations? Probably looking to spend close to $500+/-

Here's the guide from DC Rainmaker. Also, looks like there's some sort of 20% off sale, too lazy to look into details further though.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...recommendations.html

Edit: Also check the classified forum for something used.

--Chris
Last edited by: chriselam: May 8, 17 12:37
Quote Reply
Post deleted by TNTRI [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think if I was going to buy a new trainer I'd be looking at the Tacx Flux. With 20% off it's still more than your price range but not crazy much more. Personally I hate dealing with the tire so I would love a direct drive trainer and that's the cheapest one right now.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Post deleted by TNTRI [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why did you delete your posts? Now, if someone else has a similar question, this thread is useless.
Quote Reply
Re: Smart trainer [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are looking around $500 I'd take a serious look at the Cycleops Magnus, you can also get the Powersync now at about 1/2 price.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: Smart trainer [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriselam wrote:
I think if I was going to buy a new trainer I'd be looking at the Tacx Flux. With 20% off it's still more than your price range but not crazy much more. Personally I hate dealing with the tire so I would love a direct drive trainer and that's the cheapest one right now.

Flux's have a high failure rate. I suggest anyone contemplating buying one check out the Facebook Flux owners page.

I'm pretty happy with my new Cycleops Hammer trainer. Expensive but it should be reliable for many years.
Quote Reply