Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, why did Lionel pull those guys so much?! Should have sat in a lot more.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
OK, why did Lionel pull those guys so much?! Should have sat in a lot more.

The bike racers were in the background, on the track. Now get off my lawn!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Matt (TriowaCPA) broke away from Sanders and Zimmerman with about 1.5 miles to go and won by 6 seconds. What a race. I believe there are two more this weekend that can be live streamed. I think he averaged 348w (4.9 w/kg) for 36 minutes. Not sure his NP yet. Average heart rate was 183bpm! crazy...
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [marvloga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt and Lionel into the elite final on Sunday. Cool! Matt displayed big power in his heat today. More than Lionel or Adam Z could manage; especially on the climbs and sprints. I was surprised at the differences in HR - Matt's appeared to be at least 20+ beats higher than Lionel's most of the time.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was surprised at the differences in HR - Matt's appeared to be at least 20+ beats higher than Lionel's most of the time.

Tinman//

Why were you surprised, do you actually know what each guys max HR is?? For all we know the guy with the higher HR could have been working easier, context....
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, totally agree Monty. I just figured athletes at that level (both triathletes) would not have that high a % variance between the two. It looks like Lionel's avg HR was 143 (Strava). Matt's must have been mid 170s. Matt does appear to be a wee bit stronger than Lionel on the bike based on their performances in the heat race. Sunday elite final will be fun to watch!

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d say Matt raced a bit smarter than Lionel. Lionel needs to let others do the work, or maybe try to surge away on the flats when his absolute watts can be used to his advantage.

http://www.teamodz.com
http://www.endurancelab.fit
Last edited by: trisuppo: Mar 24, 18 17:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just figured athletes at that level (both triathletes) would not have that high a % variance between the two. //

That is the big misconception that people still hold onto. Their heart rates were set at birth, has not one thing to do with what sport they went into or how good they got. I know guys that could have had 190's in that race, been ahead of both of them and going easier. And I also know a guy who would have been in the high 130's crushing all of them too. Comparing HR is not apples to apples, unless you happen to know for a fact that two people work at the same exact numbers for the same speeds...
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a link to Lionel's race?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
Anyone have a link to Lionel's race?

if you go to CVR world cup on facebook and scroll a little down you can find all of mens heat 2.

So seeing so high watt numbers from lionel, im unsure if he sees it as more of a training sessions, or if he knows he cannot win in the sprints and therefore have to try and push the pace early on. Only problem is it is so much easier to just draft in zwift.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nicely done brother!

It looked "effortless" for u.

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there prize money involved or just truly a exhibition?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Is there prize money involved or just truly a exhibition?

It's a crowdsourced prize pool, viewers can donate, there is a mention of it at the beginning of the live cast.

I'm sure there are probably funds coming in from sponsors of the event itself, as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [RBeck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a prize. Its $100k. I am not sure if its split among the top 3 or 4.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great video. I love the caffeine comment in the beginning. good ol lionel never boring. This makes me sooo excited for oceanside!
also triwcpa you guys make lionel nervous! how cool is that!
Last edited by: Cookiebuilder: Mar 25, 18 12:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious to hear what happened during the finals Matt? It looks like you and someone else had a dropout so they did a restart? Sucks for Lionel, he had just put in a huge effort to open a gap. Regardless, it’s fun to watch!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is some of the most exciting cycling I've ever seen

https://cycleview.cvrworldcup.com/...View/client/streams2

Go Matt!!
I'm routing for you. And much respect for the way you ride. GL in the third heat!
Last edited by: dtoce: Mar 25, 18 14:51
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is fun to watch.....

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zimmerman for the win-wow.

Excellent push by Matt late, but was caught by the group in the sprint on the 3rd race. So cool to see them all pushed by the group to PB's.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
https://youtu.be/zOn4zGoZ8Rg

BUAHAHA!! That was the perfect answer to the lifting question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great racing. Really fun to watch. Does anyone know how the final standings broke down? And what was the payout per position?

Great Job Matt. Way to represent,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many thanks for sharing Matt! Saw you live on both saturday and sunday! Major kudos and congrats on your brilliant performance! Would be awesome if you did a blog on the experience, what did you learn, how did you feel, what would you do differently, etc. Also interested if you got a chance to chat with the fellow competitors and for sure if you exchanged some words with Lionel. Lots of insights which I am sure would make for a super interesting blog. Many congrats again Matt! Greetings from Panama.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [Alfredo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well done matt! 6th place if i looked correctly.

Lionel got 2nd overall quite impressive as he is not used to sprint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the final video of Lionel talking about his day at the CVR World cup and Oceanside 70.3
Quote Reply

Prev Next