Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Slowtwitcher Qualifies for Zwift's CVR World Cup [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
I can't believe your buddy was wearing arm warmers on a hard trainer ride!

I always thought he was crazy too, but it's winter in Norway and I'm pretty sure he races with the window open next to him.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Qualifies for Zwift's CVR World Cup [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

i do a fair bit of zwift racing, i love it. a few questions if you don't mind.

- there used to be a guy who streamed live video with commentary on twitch for the kiss and ztr races. it was cool cause you could find out the race situation. does this sort of thing still happen?
- you mention 'chatting' during a race. how the hell do you do that? with sweaty hands and my hr at 180, i can't see how to type on my phone.
- how does one find out about special races and events? i use the mobile app and just look at events for that day.

thanks!
Last edited by: buzz: Feb 28, 18 12:04
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Qualifies for Zwift's CVR World Cup [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
buzz wrote:

- there used to be a guy who streamed live video with commentary on twitch for the kiss and ztr races. it was cool cause you could find out the race situation. does this sort of thing still happen?
- you mention 'chatting' during a race. how the hell do you do that? with sweaty hands and my hr at 180, i can't see how to type on my phone.
- how does one find out about special races and events? i use the mobile app and just look at events for that day.

- I'm sure you're thinking of Nathan Guerra--he still does stream and does live commentary for many races!
- I guess it's just taken some practice--but my friend and I use an app called discord, to actually talk during the race. As for texting other people, I just keep it short and I have a towel and massive fans to dry my hands off as best I can! Interacting with people while racing is what makes it so much fun.
- There are some facebook groups that I am a member of where a lot of information is shared-- CVR World Cup - Community, KISS Zwift Road Race, Zwift Racers. Most every large event is posted about in Zwift Racers!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Qualifies for Zwift's CVR World Cup [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well done on qualifying for online Kona of cycling
Last edited by: Last-offtheBike: Mar 1, 18 6:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job qualifying.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumping this post because shit got real. I'm 100% racing Lionel Sanders in qualifying.

I did a race today on the same course but there were 5 laps instead of the 3 I'll race him in.

Today's race by the numbers:
Time: 1:01:51
Course: Watopia Hilly Reverse (5 laps)
Distance: 29 miles
Ascent: 1,160 ft
Race Total: AP: 325W / NP: 355W
1 min max: AP: 523W / NP: 524W
5 min max: AP: 417W / NP: 417W
10 min max: AP: 403W / NP: 419W
20 min max: AP: 365W / NP: 391W
60 min max: AP: 325W / NP: 355W

Weighed in immediately after at 152.4 lbs / 69.13 kg. How do you think I'll do against Sanders?
Last edited by: TriowaCPA: Mar 13, 18 9:15
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weighed in immediately after at 152.4 lbs / 69.13 kg. How do you think I'll do against Sanders? //

Is it normal to weight in after the race?? I know I would lose about 2lbs or more at least with that kind of effort, mostly water of course, but the scale doesn't care..

And nice job, 29 miles in about an hour and two minutes with a 1k+ feet of climbing is pretty study. I have no idea how this stuff works, could you do around that on the road too?? What is the transfer rate from these speeds indoors to outdoors??
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Is it normal to weight in after the race?? I know I would lose about 2lbs or more at least with that kind of effort, mostly water of course, but the scale doesn't care..

And nice job, 29 miles in about an hour and two minutes with a 1k+ feet of climbing is pretty study. I have no idea how this stuff works, could you do around that on the road too?? What is the transfer rate from these speeds indoors to outdoors??

I stupidly forgot to weigh before--hard to remember everything for a 5 AM race. My zwift weight is set at 154 lbs though from my weekend weigh-in. I drank 40 oz of water during the race.

As for the speed--zwift favors big groups in their drafting dynamics. Front group was 11 guys, and we were all coordinated in our pulls, always with someone on the front at 6+ w/kg.

FWIW, I did my 40k last August at 28.5 mph on my TT bike on an out/back flat course on 317W. Zwift assumes perfect road, null wind effect, perfect position on road bike, and perfect drafting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
Bumping this post because shit got real. I'm 100% racing Lionel Sanders in qualifying.

I did a race today on the same course but there were 5 laps instead of the 3 I'll race him in.

Today's race by the numbers:
Time: 1:01:51
Course: Watopia Hilly Reverse (5 laps)
Distance: 29 miles
Ascent: 1,160 ft
Race Total: AP: 325W / NP: 355W
1 min max: AP: 523W / NP: 524W
5 min max: AP: 417W / NP: 417W
10 min max: AP: 403W / NP: 419W
20 min max: AP: 365W / NP: 391W
60 min max: AP: 325W / NP: 355W

Weighed in immediately after at 152.4 lbs / 69.13 kg. How do you think I'll do against Sanders?

You will do well, but those extra watts are going to help him (even with his extra weight). My only questions is
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As for the speed--zwift favors big groups in their drafting dynamics. Front group was 11 guys, and we were all coordinated in our pulls, always with someone on the front at 6+ w/kg.

-------------

(I pull posts like monty so dont beat me up on that...i hate the "quote" button")

So just so I'm understanding how a zwift race/ride works....when you coordinate the pulls, what does it look like on the screen? Like an coordinated paceline? Or just randomly bumping into each other? Also if someone is "pulling" do you really feel slight ease on the kickr as if you are truly "drafting"?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
So just so I'm understanding how a zwift race/ride works....when you coordinate the pulls, what does it look like on the screen? Like an coordinated paceline? Or just randomly bumping into each other? Also if someone is "pulling" do you really feel slight ease on the kickr as if you are truly "drafting"?

We were on Discord (a voice chat app) and I would just go on the front at 6+ w/kg with riders behind me, then when I was done, I'd say "pull through" and the next person would move up at that power.

The "feeling" of the draft comes with some experience in the game...it's not how you feel it outside, by the wind. You just watch your avatar in-game and know that you can ride at 65-75% of the watts of the person ahead of you to maintain speed. I would sit in the draft at 280-300W or so, then pull through at 400-420W for 20-30 seconds.
Last edited by: TriowaCPA: Mar 13, 18 10:46
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
My only questions is

Dying of anticipation over here, turdburgler!! You only question is.......?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
How do you think I'll do against Sanders?

Depends on strategy, if you can get away....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
My only questions is

haha. Oops. I should proof read more often. My only question is how he responds to the surges of "road" racing. Not that he hasn't surged in races before, but the VI is typically a good deal higher in any Zwift race or road race that I do with much higher end spikes then I would ever do in a triathlon. I know he probably does them in training, but going flat out in the start should be interesting for him.

I am curious if a few can work together after a blistering start to hold off someone like Lionel. Then again, the dude has the watts so it will be VERY hard. Good luck to you! Must be very exciting.

I think after this season of road and tri I am going to do some of these races and try to get in next year. I'm not quite where you are at, but getting closer and ZADA verified already.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
TriowaCPA wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
My only questions is

haha. Oops. I should proof read more often. My only question is how he responds to the surges of "road" racing. Not that he hasn't surged in races before, but the VI is typically a good deal higher in any Zwift race or road race that I do with much higher end spikes then I would ever do in a triathlon. I know he probably does them in training, but going flat out in the start should be interesting for him.

I am curious if a few can work together after a blistering start to hold off someone like Lionel. Then again, the dude has the watts so it will be VERY hard. Good luck to you! Must be very exciting.

I think after this season of road and tri I am going to do some of these races and try to get in next year. I'm not quite where you are at, but getting closer and ZADA verified already.

You're ZADA Verified? Solid! You would probably do well in most races then. Race this morning was relentless and my first 20 minutes were working hard to build a gap--we were never caught, so it was totally worth the effort. Incredible fun!

Lionel has been doing a bunch of races lately, and hammered out tons of VO2 max yesterday like it was nothing. He'll be ready for the high VI, but so will all of us other racers. Should be awesome just to line up with him. I know 5-6 of us will hang on whatever pace the front of the race throws down, so the climb will be the determining factor--it's 3.5 minutes long. Should be brutal! Definitely going to turn myself inside out to drop the others, or hang on for dear life. Won't know until we get there for sure which it'll be!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will Lionel be riding his tri bike on the trainer?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Will Lionel be riding his tri bike on the trainer?

As far as I know, yes. Definitely not in aero though. Garneau is an event sponsor, so maybe they fit him to a road bike?

I know he raced Zwift Canadian National Championship on his TT bike, and his intagram posts lead me to believe he always rides the TT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
TriowaCPA wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
My only questions is

You're ZADA Verified? Solid! You would probably do well in most races then. Race this morning was relentless and my first 20 minutes were working hard to build a gap--we were never caught, so it was totally worth the effort. Incredible fun!

Lionel has been doing a bunch of races lately, and hammered out tons of VO2 max yesterday like it was nothing. He'll be ready for the high VI, but so will all of us other racers. Should be awesome just to line up with him. I know 5-6 of us will hang on whatever pace the front of the race throws down, so the climb will be the determining factor--it's 3.5 minutes long. Should be brutal! Definitely going to turn myself inside out to drop the others, or hang on for dear life. Won't know until we get there for sure which it'll be!

Yeah. I got flagged a while back and had to provide power files and results.

Anyway, you are the one racing so best of luck to you and all of the others! I love good racing of any kind and this is a cool new format. Will be cheering for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How early do you get up and how long is your warm-up for the 5am races?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [iamAERO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get up at 4 AM for a 5 AM race. Warm up is lackluster and usually 15-20 minutes of light spinning.

For bigger, more important races, I'll get 30 minutes of quality in beforehand and make sure to wake up 90 minutes before the start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey all,

Tomorrow is race day!

Coverage of my race against Lionel Sanders and the other qualifiers begins at 2:05 PM Pacific, 4:05 PM Central, and 5:05 PM Eastern.

You can watch at CVR World Cup’s Facebook page and also at CycleView.CVRWorldCup.com.

COURSE: Watopia Hilly Forward
# OF LAPS: 3
EST. RACE DURATION: 36 minutes
RACE START: 2:25 PM Pacific

Should be an epic race! Tune in if you can!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The set up looks pretty cool, though I'm surprised they have the stations in a "paceline" configuration instead of riding side by side.

Also, do you have to ride a bike they provide? They brought in a bunch of identical bikes (Cannondales) yesterday. I guess it would make sense, but I would hope you would have time to place your saddle correctly and dial in your position.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
The set up looks pretty cool, though I'm surprised they have the stations in a "paceline" configuration instead of riding side by side.

Also, do you have to ride a bike they provide? They brought in a bunch of identical bikes (Cannondales) yesterday. I guess it would make sense, but I would hope you would have time to place your saddle correctly and dial in your position.

Hey Jim!

I brought my own bike, but Helen’s Bike Shop brought a bunch of bikes for both good promo pictures and for the riders that rented bikes.

I actually rode for 90 minutes today on the setup. Really great!

The pace-line configuration is the best way for them to isolate all of the ANT+ devices from each other. At an event in Roanoke last year there were some issues with the bikes being side-by-side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be making videos of this starting tomorrow. Is there any questions you guys have for him? or anything you guys would like to see?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitcher Racing LIONEL SANDERS In Zwift Live Event [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
I will be making videos of this starting tomorrow. Is there any questions you guys have for him? or anything you guys would like to see?

On another thread people wanted to know if he pumps iron.
Quote Reply

Prev Next