Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Week 3 - Tue, Jan. 30th @ 4PM PST [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordan thanks for setting these up.

For those that are unable to attend during the specific time, can the workouts be archived somewhere (on Zwift?) where we can access it later and perform the workout?
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowman Cometh! Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Week 4 - Tue, Feb. 6th @ 4PM PST [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updated for Tuesday, Feb 6

The Slowman Cometh!

http://zwift.com/events/view/41202

DESCRIPTION
ABOUT SLOWTWITCH INDOORS

Every Tuesday at 4pm PST, Slowtwitch.com will bring you a triathlon-focused workout designed and led by a guest 'coach.' We will include sessions from pro athletes and coaches, as well as the Slowman himself, Dan Empfield.

For this fourth edition, the workout will be led by Slowtwitch founder and publisher, the Slowman himself, Dan Empfield!

The workouts are about 60 minutes long and designed to add variety and interest to your weekly training schedule over the Winter.

ABOUT GROUP WORKOUTS

Zwifters line up in the starting area just like a normal event and once the event starts, workout mode begins. Everyone stays together regardless of power output. That's right, if you're outputting 100W and another Zwifter is outputting 400W you will stay in exactly the same position relative to each other. Only if you stop pedaling and fall 6 meters behind the group will the rubber-banding stop.

HELPFUL HINT

We highly recommend doing one of the FTP tests as the estimated FTP can be inaccurate and make the difficulty level of the workouts too high for your current fitness level.

For more info on FTP go to: https://support.zwift.com/...-is-it-used-in-Zwift

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowman Cometh! Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Week 4 - Tue, Feb. 6th @ 4PM PST [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any info about tomorrow’s workout for planning purposes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds more interesting than other Zwift options - but this is a rough week as I'm doing the Tour of Sufferlandria. No energy for 'extra' rides...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
will there be an option to do the workout alone for people in other time zones? SLOWTWITCH tab in the WORKOUT SECTION?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Starts Tue, Jan. 16th @ 4PM PST [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently came back to try Zwift after not being on it for at least a year and was surprised how enhanced the events section became. lots of events and event types. lots of options for group rides (social or training), group workouts, races. way cooler than I recall.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Starts Tue, Jan. 16th @ 4PM PST [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"given the times" I find it refreshing that Zwift isn't trying to "promote" anything other than a platform where I can train indoors without completely being bored out of my skull. It never even occurred to me that my zwift avatar doesn't have a helmet and why should it? It's a video game. it just doesn't matter
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowman Cometh! Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Week 4 - Tue, Feb. 6th @ 4PM PST [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R2 wrote:
will there be an option to do the workout alone for people in other time zones? SLOWTWITCH tab in the WORKOUT SECTION?
That would be a good idea. Or just save the zwift workouts somewhere so we could import them in as custom workouts
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowman Cometh! Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Week 4 - Tue, Feb. 6th @ 4PM PST [chewg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chewg wrote:
Any info about tomorrow’s workout for planning purposes?

X2

What’s the focus/goal for the workout tomorrow?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there some way to "look back" and get stats from a ride other than time, distance and calories.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowman Cometh! Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Week 4 - Tue, Feb. 6th @ 4PM PST [Tigertater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be live streaming on my twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rappstarracing

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was running and saw the group rolling by in all their Slowtwitch kits
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just using this feedback mechanism to express my dislike of the blurry tunnel-vision effect on the end of intervals. When your real vision is already suffering at the end of an interval, no need for a nauseating visual effect on the screen as well.
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowman Cometh! Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Week 4 - Tue, Feb. 6th @ 4PM PST [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't experience this. I've read it mentioned by others in the zwift riders FB group, but hadn't myself done workouts since it was incorporated, until these ST group workouts came along. I'd forgotten the convo about the effect and don't recall if there's a way to turn it off, but again, I didn't notice it.

I agree though it would be an annoying / undesireable feature.

I'd like to thank Jordan and Dan for getting the workout sorted. I enjoyed it.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowman Cometh! Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Week 4 - Tue, Feb. 6th @ 4PM PST [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I was running and saw the group rolling by in all their Slowtwitch kits

At 14mph. :-) They need to fix their algowhatevers and get that sorted out.

Not complaining. Zwift is a game changer for me.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowman Cometh! Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Week 4 - Tue, Feb. 6th @ 4PM PST [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I was running at about 13km/h at that point
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowman Cometh! Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Week 5 - Tue, Feb. 13th @ 4PM PST [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updated for Tuesday, Feb 13

Gravel Goodness with Matt Lieto! 75min of low-cadence, gravel-themed awesomeness that's good for cyclists of all abilities and disciplines.

http://zwift.com/events/view/42503

ABOUT SLOWTWITCH INDOORS

Every Tuesday at 4pm PST, Slowtwitch.com will bring you a triathlon-focused workout designed and led by a guest 'coach.' We will include sessions from pro athletes and coaches, as well as the Slowman himself, Dan Empfield.

For this fifth edition, the workout will be led by professional triathlete, coach, and gravel aficionado Matt Lieto. Matt has recorded numerous top finishes at both the Ironman and 70.3 distance, but more recently he's turned his focus off-road with the advent of gravel and mixed-road racing.

The workouts are about 60 minutes long and designed to add variety and interest to your weekly training schedule over the Winter.

ABOUT THIS WORKOUT

This workout takes you OVER THE TOP in homage to the unparalleled 1980s arm-wrestling film starring Sly Stallone.

This workout features progressive short blocks of low cadence efforts at and above FTP, perfect for the high-power-high-torque demands of gravel racing.

ABOUT GROUP WORKOUTS

Zwifters line up in the starting area just like a normal event and once the event starts, workout mode begins. Everyone stays together regardless of power output. That's right, if you're outputting 100W and another Zwifter is outputting 400W you will stay in exactly the same position relative to each other. Only if you stop pedaling and fall 6 meters behind the group will the rubber-banding stop.

HELPFUL HINT

We highly recommend doing one of the FTP tests as the estimated FTP can be inaccurate and make the difficulty level of the workouts too high for your current fitness level.

Quote Reply
Re: The Slowman Cometh! Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Week 5 - Tue, Feb. 13th @ 4PM PST [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok. That was fun. Ready for next week.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowman Cometh! Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Week 5 - Tue, Feb. 13th @ 4PM PST [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jesse Thomas leads the week after next (sorry)!

Last edited by: Rappstar: Feb 14, 18 9:59
Quote Reply
Re: The Slowman Cometh! Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Week 5 - Tue, Feb. 13th @ 4PM PST [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLOgoing wrote:
Ok. That was fun. Ready for next week.

Well done, Matt L.
Thanks for the workout and the chatter.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Week 6 - Tue, Feb. 20th @ 4PM PST [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updated for Tuesday, Feb 20

Dan Empfield returns! Back for round two!! (Sorry to everyone who experienced the hiccups of round 1 two weeks ago...)

http://zwift.com/events/view/43907

ABOUT SLOWTWITCH INDOORS

For this sixth edition, the workout will be led by the Slowman himself. Dan Empfield is back to lead his second ride and is looking forward to talking all things triathlon, Slowtwitch, bike fit, and everything else.

ABOUT THIS WORKOUT

Because of the relatively short rest in between intervals this is a challenging workout to do on the road because you need either a fairly long hill or an extremely steep one because it is nearly impossible to get back to the start otherwise. As a result a workout like this is ideally suited to indoor training because the challenge of finding suitable topography is reduced.

7min warmup
8x4min SST High (96%) with 2min EZ
5min ez freeride cooldown

ABOUT GROUP WORKOUTS

HELPFUL HINT

Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift: Week 6 - Tue, Feb. 20th @ 4PM PST [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reminder about today's ride with Dan

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice group today. Had to miss this for personal reasons but it seems Dan did a mighty fine job.

We're thinking about adding in an approx 1hr "social" ride more like 2w/kg territory if that's of interest.

Thinking either of swapping this ride to that format and making a longer workout for the weekend.

Or for just adding in the social ride on another day.

Poll coming with options.

Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Indoors - Group Workout Series on Zwift [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updated for Tuesday, Feb 27

Happy Birthday Jesse Thomas!

http://zwift.com/events/view/45264

ABOUT SLOWTWITCH INDOORS

For this edition, the workout will be led by Jesse Thomas, who is (sort of) celebrating his 38th birthday with a challenging workout from Jesse's coach Matt Dixon of Purple Patch Fitness. Jesse was born on February 29th (Leap Day), so in lieue of actually getting presents which he does not deserve, he gets a special treat - EXTRA TRAINING!

ABOUT THIS WORKOUT

This workout has a 38min main set to celebrate the fact that Jesse is now 38 years old, even if it is not actually his 38th birthday.

4min @ 82%
3min @ 96%
2min @ 110%
1min @ 125%
all with 1min recovery @ 65%

2x through the above with 2min extra rest @ 55%

6min @ 110% to finish

Plus warm-up and cool-down

ABOUT GROUP WORKOUTS

HELPFUL HINT

Quote Reply

Prev Next