Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slowman: How can I get a copy of a picutre of me on the home page?
Quote | Reply
I'm in image 8 from Beaver Creek. Can I get copy of that shot?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: How can I get a copy of a picutre of me on the home page? [tmonica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe a PM would have been better.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: How can I get a copy of a picutre of me on the home page? [tmonica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're ok with the resolution/quality shown on the web, you have two easy options:

1: open the picture in the gallery, right click and select "Inspect Element", which will give you the URL of the picture (for some reason I can't copy and paste it).
2: open the picture in the gallery and take a screenshot of your whole screen. Paste into your favorite image editing program and crop as needed.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: How can I get a copy of a picutre of me on the home page? [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asad137 wrote:
If you're ok with the resolution/quality shown on the web, you have two easy options:

1: open the picture in the gallery, right click and select "Inspect Element", which will give you the URL of the picture (for some reason I can't copy and paste it).
2: open the picture in the gallery and take a screenshot of your whole screen. Paste into your favorite image editing program and crop as needed.

And thereby stealing the property of the photographer, who is clearly labeled with copyright in the article.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: How can I get a copy of a picutre of me on the home page? [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:

And thereby stealing the property of the photographer, who is clearly labeled with copyright in the article.

Yep, definitely. I didn't say he should...

Then again, I'm also of the opinion that I have a right to any picture of myself unless I've explicitly waived it. Not sure if that's part of the race agreement (it might be) that photos would be displayed on a website like Slowtwitch.
Last edited by: asad137: Jul 29, 14 20:53
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: How can I get a copy of a picutre of me on the home page? [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

can i make up law based on my opinion too?

first on my agenda: it is my opinion that in taco bell restaurants worldwide any tortilla bearing my likeness or vague resemblance must be removed from circulation and couriered directly to myself or assignee.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: How can I get a copy of a picutre of me on the home page? [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: How can I get a copy of a picutre of me on the home page? [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
asad137 wrote:

John

Ugh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tmonica wrote:
I'm in image 8 from Beaver Creek. Can I get copy of that shot?

Right click, save as.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: How can I get a copy of a picutre of me on the home page? [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent - thank you!

However - I never said I wouldn't pay for the photo. If someone wants money for the shot, let me know.
Last edited by: tmonica: Jul 30, 14 13:42
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: How can I get a copy of a picutre of me on the home page? [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VGT wrote:
Devlin wrote:
asad137 wrote:

John

Ugh.

Care to elaborate why protection of intellectual property is a bother to you?

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
However - I never said I wouldn't pay for the photo. If someone wants money for the shot, let me know. //

No problem, i believe $75 is the standard in the industry. Mail it to monty, and i believe cash is the standard payment….
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you sign some waiver whereby you can be freely photographed at the race? I suppose this is in the fine print. They should have paid you...you're the one doing rad/dangerous things worth photographing. But I guess this is the world we live in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tim Carlson is noted in the article as providing the shots. I believe he posts here on the forum.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply