Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Skin burn under garmin
Quote | Reply
I got a small burn on my wrist from the green lights that read HR on my new garmin 735xt. It's never happened before, have been wearing it for approx 3 weeks.

Has anyone had this happen to them, and have any idea if there is something specific that causes this that I should avoid? I have been wearing it with sunscreen underneath and in salt water for the first time since I got it, while I'm on vacation this week.

Curious if anyone had experienced this?

Edited to correct garmin model.
Last edited by: LauraM: Jan 26, 18 22:59
Quote Reply
Re: Skin burn under garmin [LauraM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a mark under where the 735 HR sensor sits, it looks odd but I don't think it's a burn, just the skin constantly being in contact with the plastic & not getting any light/air
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drop into the Garmin forums. Lots of comments there.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what does it look like? When I started wearing my Garmin Fenix I had a few blisters show up from time to time. I thought it was a burn from the HR sensor, but it was on the inside of my wrist. Doctor gave me a cortisone cream and it went away. Shows up from time to time, but hasn't since I started swimming regularly. I guess I wasn't washing my wrist well enough w/ the watch on.
Quote Reply
Re: Skin burn under garmin [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had that for a while - it kicked in maybe 6 months after I started using it the watch. I stopped wearing it as an everyday watch and it went away. No issues now, with just use for training and races.

My race site: https://racesandplaces.wixsite.com/racesandplaces
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably just a rash. Not related to the very low power LEDs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here, did some google searching and turns out it's pretty common. I read lots of people having trouble with their fitbits or apple watches. Try removing it before showering, then wipe off the bottom of the watch, as soaps and lotions can get trapped between the watch and the skin, causing irritation. I also wear mine as a sleep tracker at night so at night I switch it to the other arm or flip it upside down or somehow move it to a different spot at night. Seems to have helped.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been wearing a Garmin OHR watch nearly continuously for about 26 months now. First the 235 and now the 935. No issues at all for me. Only time it comes off is when I'm in the shower - which is when I charge it.
Quote Reply
Re: Skin burn under garmin [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those LEDs are not bright enough to cause a burn.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply