Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sitero Rear Hydration
Quote | Reply
I searched and found these items:

Specialized Ti-Pod HERE | Specialized Reserve Mount HERE

Do they still make the Tri-Pod, if so does it fit the newer Sitero's? Any info on them seems a little older.

Images of the Reserve Mount always seem to show two cages, can you just have one at the rear (not either side) and if so do they work ok?

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sitero Rear Hydration [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a tripod that you can take for $5 shipping fee. It has all of the mounting hardware but it doesn't work with my BMC TM02 seat post clamp.
Quote Reply
Re: Sitero Rear Hydration [ironcode] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironcode wrote:
I have a tripod that you can take for $5 shipping fee. It has all of the mounting hardware but it doesn't work with my BMC TM02 seat post clamp.

I think, having looked into it a little more, that the tri-pod fits older Sitero saddles that have two mounting screws at the rear and another one nearer the nose, making three mounting points.

The newer Sitero's look like they only have two mounting points at the rear of the saddle, so it looks like the direct mount reserve rack has replaced the tri-pod?

If so then thanks for the offer but it will not fit untortunately..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JayPeeWhy wrote:
ironcode wrote:

I think, having looked into it a little more, that the tri-pod fits older Sitero saddles that have two mounting screws at the rear and another one nearer the nose, making three mounting points.

The newer Sitero's look like they only have two mounting points at the rear of the saddle, so it looks like the direct mount reserve rack has replaced the tri-pod?

If so then thanks for the offer but it will not fit untortunately..

James, I bought a new Sitero... just because... and returned it because I couldn't mount my original tri-pod on it. So I think your above assessment is spot on.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Sitero Rear Hydration [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What saddle do you use now? Was the Sitero comfortable? I'm currently testing an ISM pn 1.1 but am curious about the sitero
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The tripod only fits the old saddles. The reserve mount works fine. You can put two bottles on it, one on each side. Or put one in the middle. But I didn't like how low it put the bottles. Also if you have your saddle very far forward or you have a very deep seatpost the reserve mount may actually bang into the back of the seatpost because it angles forward when it's mounted to your saddle. I couldn't use it on my Felt. I gave up on the Specialized mounts and just got an X-lab Sonic Wing which has been great.

Don't drown. Don't crash. Don't walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Sitero Rear Hydration [rotosound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rotosound wrote:
The tripod only fits the old saddles. The reserve mount works fine. You can put two bottles on it, one on each side. Or put one in the middle. But I didn't like how low it put the bottles. Also if you have your saddle very far forward or you have a very deep seatpost the reserve mount may actually bang into the back of the seatpost because it angles forward when it's mounted to your saddle. I couldn't use it on my Felt. I gave up on the Specialized mounts and just got an X-lab Sonic Wing which has been great.

How it held the bottle was probably my main issue. I don't really recall seeing many Sitero's with an integrated holder but then I haven;t really been looking. My wife had a an XLab and it was a total PIA so i have always avoided them after that. That was a about 6 years ago though.

Quote Reply
Re: Sitero Rear Hydration [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
What saddle do you use now? Was the Sitero comfortable? I'm currently testing an ISM pn 1.1 but am curious about the sitero

In order of when purchased I have used:

Cobb Max / Cobb V Flow+
I preferred the V Flow. The max was a bit too big, both rubbed my left thigh a bit.

Adamo Podium / Adamo Attack (?) / Adamo Prologue
Preferred the prologue but did not like the Prologue either. The other two were horrific.

Bontrager HiLo RXL
The adjustable one, went fully wide and then dialled it back a touch. That was ok. I felt the padding was too squishy after a while and would collapse a bit by the end of a ride so the channel was not much of a channel any more. This was probably my favourite before, despite not being amazing.

Fizik Tritone
After I got used to hanging off the front it was ok. Probably as 'ok' as the Bontrager but very different. I always felt a little like I was falling off a bit. A common complaint.

Specialized Power
Just took this off today. Def not an 'on the nose' saddle, for me anyway. Some people on ST liked it so I tried it. The nose was too hard and skinny. Ncie on hills but then it's not supposed to be a tri saddle so a bit unfair to say it was poor. I might re-visit it for a road bike.

I took the Power off about 10am this morning. Threw on the Sitero (the Gel Expert, only about $150). Literally zero adjustments and it is probably the best saddle I have ever been on. I did a 2 hour ride with a couple of half hour Z3/4. I actually feel my sit bones supported on the saddle, which I haven't really before. It is also forgiving in the 'where you sit' department too. I can move around and find a few comfortable places to choose from. Feels good off the front, further back, sitting up, climbing.

I know that it's probably just something nice about the way it works with my anatomy but I was very pleased to have finally found something that is not just ok.I don't care how much a saddle costs, i spend too long on it to worry about that BUT it was on the lowish end of the price spectrum too. And it looks great, which is a bonus.

Hope that helps.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried Dash?

We have 2 dash saddles since 2012. I know it sounds crazy to spend 400-500$ on a 70gm seat but my wife basically tried every saddle known to man back in 2012. Neither one of us have looked back. The new option is only 200$ or so and outside of the weight performs the same.

Basically I am very picky about key comfort things for LD like shoes and saddles.

I get a very tight BTS with 4 black tie wraps.

Cheers,
Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same exact experience with a Sitero today. I have tried many Cobb, ISM and Dash saddles. All good quality but just never quite right for me. My first indoor ride on the Sitero was bliss so I'm really hoping it continues. It supports very well, was firmer (in a good way) than expected and has the bonus of the built in bottle holder. I may have finally found my tri saddle after 2-3 years of trying different ones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JayPeeWhy wrote:
mickison wrote:

In order of when purchased I have used:

Cobb Max / Cobb V Flow+
I preferred the V Flow. The max was a bit too big, both rubbed my left thigh a bit.

Adamo Podium / Adamo Attack (?) / Adamo Prologue
Preferred the prologue but did not like the Prologue either. The other two were horrific.

Bontrager HiLo RXL
The adjustable one, went fully wide and then dialled it back a touch. That was ok. I felt the padding was too squishy after a while and would collapse a bit by the end of a ride so the channel was not much of a channel any more. This was probably my favourite before, despite not being amazing.

Fizik Tritone
After I got used to hanging off the front it was ok. Probably as 'ok' as the Bontrager but very different. I always felt a little like I was falling off a bit. A common complaint.

Specialized Power
Just took this off today. Def not an 'on the nose' saddle, for me anyway. Some people on ST liked it so I tried it. The nose was too hard and skinny. Ncie on hills but then it's not supposed to be a tri saddle so a bit unfair to say it was poor. I might re-visit it for a road bike.

I took the Power off about 10am this morning. Threw on the Sitero (the Gel Expert, only about $150). Literally zero adjustments and it is probably the best saddle I have ever been on. I did a 2 hour ride with a couple of half hour Z3/4. I actually feel my sit bones supported on the saddle, which I haven't really before. It is also forgiving in the 'where you sit' department too. I can move around and find a few comfortable places to choose from. Feels good off the front, further back, sitting up, climbing.

I know that it's probably just something nice about the way it works with my anatomy but I was very pleased to have finally found something that is not just ok.I don't care how much a saddle costs, i spend too long on it to worry about that BUT it was on the lowish end of the price spectrum too. And it looks great, which is a bonus.

Hope that helps.

I have extensive experience with the Hilo (non adjustable), Sitero and Power 143 on both road and tri bikes

Here is my 2 cents

1. Sitero works best for me around 1 degree nose up regardless of bike. Sitero is substantially more forward than when I had a Fizik Arione. That was a stupid saddle for me to use. I'd just sit on the nose on one sit bone (basically using the nose as a single prong vs a double prong on an ISM)
  2. Power works best for me, 1 degree nose down on tri bike, and level on road bike. Basically on a tri bike setting it nose down, the nose gets out of the way, and you're on the back. I like that it is less firm than the Sitero.
  3. Hilo, works best for me level on all bikes.
  4. Sitero I have positioned around 4 cm further back than Sitero. Power I now have around 1.5 cm further forward than Sitero

I think the Power is my favourite now. I have the Hilo on my trainer bike, and I have the Power on one tri bike and the Sitero on the other. I do find on rough pavement the Sitero has no give and transmits all the road shock up my spine. Probably time to get a $6000 Dimond to overcome my $120 saddle's stiffness!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Thanks. That does help. I've tried Cobb jof 55 which was okay for awhile it I did always have to move around on that thing to stay comfortable. The fizik Tritone really felt small I felt like I was falling off of it. I've tried the ism pr 1.0 which is okay. I'm going to give the ism pn 1.1 a few weeks. The sitero gel is something I may look into.
Quote Reply
Re: Sitero Rear Hydration [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

I think the Power is my favourite now. I have the Hilo on my trainer bike, and I have the Power on one tri bike and the Sitero on the other. I do find on rough pavement the Sitero has no give and transmits all the road shock up my spine. Probably time to get a $6000 Dimond to overcome my $120 saddle's stiffness!!!!

Do you have the Sitero Pro? I have the Expert Gel. It has more cushion. That said the Dimond helps for sure. I just got my new one built up after a car wiped out my other one. I forgot how smooth the ride is after riding my roadie for the last few months.

Quote Reply