Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sitero Nose Up: WOW
Quote | Reply
For those of you who are Sitero saddle users, i just wanted to share this feedback. I have been riding the Sitero for a few years on my TT bike either level or slightly nose down. I always found level a bit better and less pressure on the upper body at the aero pads.

A few weeks ago I was out of the saddle climbing and sat down "hard" on the saddle and I guess the bolt on the Cervolo post was not quite tight enough and the nose ended "moving up" slightly. I did not realize what happened, but I noted that I felt a bit more comfortable for whatever reason, but then stopped to see that the nose was up and just decided to try riding it that way since it actually felt good. After a while I moved it up a touch more (now at probably 3 degrees up....guestimate). I then moved the saddle down around 2 mm and I moved it forward around 1 cm because I was sitting further back on the saddle now.

After ~ 3 weeks, I am sold. At least for my anatomy, the saddle is working much better this way. I've logged around 1000K in this new position now and all is good. Might be worth experimenting for some of you.
Quote Reply
Re: Sitero Nose Up: WOW [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Found this to be true with my Dash as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Sitero Nose Up: WOW [beavertriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beavertriathlon wrote:
Found this to be true with my Dash as well.

My wife is riding her Dash this way as well.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Sitero Nose Up: WOW [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev - I've always enjoyed your insights. Interesting how some of these things are so personal. I switched to a Sitero last year and started with it level and always found it a little uncomfortable. I dropped the nose a couple of degrees which made a huge difference so I've left it there. Guess it goes to show that it always worth the individual experimenting to find the best position rather than just doing what someone else tells you to do.
Quote Reply
Re: Sitero Nose Up: WOW [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickag wrote:
Dev - I've always enjoyed your insights. Interesting how some of these things are so personal. I switched to a Sitero last year and started with it level and always found it a little uncomfortable. I dropped the nose a couple of degrees which made a huge difference so I've left it there. Guess it goes to show that it always worth the individual experimenting to find the best position rather than just doing what someone else tells you to do.

I agree which is why I said "for my anatomy". I have another friend who cannot ride with this saddle level but at 2-3 degrees nose down, he is in heaven. I just wanted to share in case some have not tried the nose up option (I never had).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How is your road saddle tilted? Do you think this is particular to the Sitero (or other JOF saddles) or to your overall saddle preferences?

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went to a fitting with slightly tilted down adamo road (rails level) and we did some testing with a special pad to measure the pressure points. I was always moving a little forward on the seat and we tilted it up, which lead to feel more pressure in the front but on the screen it showed it got more even and stable as more as we got to the leveled surface.
Riding it since and don't have to move a lot anymore with reduced work for arms and shoulders.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The standard seat tilt used to be +5 to +10 degrees, through the mid 90's. Then everyone became concerned with ED, and pointed the saddles down under the assumption that would prevent pressure that lead to ED.

My personal experience is that you need 0-+5 degrees tilt in order to stay positioned with the "sit bones" properly positioned and supporting the weight. Otherwise you slide forward and all the weight is on the perineum. And a downward tilt will require arm and shoulder tension in order to prevent sliding forward.

I've always wondered if some people actually found downward tilt more comfortable overall, including arm and shoulder stress, or if they felt they had no other option that wouldn't damage their anatomy.

2015 USAT Long Course National Champion (M50-54)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
For those of you who are Sitero saddle users, i just wanted to share this feedback. I have been riding the Sitero for a few years on my TT bike either level or slightly nose down. I always found level a bit better and less pressure on the upper body at the aero pads.

A few weeks ago I was out of the saddle climbing and sat down "hard" on the saddle and I guess the bolt on the Cervolo post was not quite tight enough and the nose ended "moving up" slightly. I did not realize what happened, but I noted that I felt a bit more comfortable for whatever reason, but then stopped to see that the nose was up and just decided to try riding it that way since it actually felt good. After a while I moved it up a touch more (now at probably 3 degrees up....guestimate). I then moved the saddle down around 2 mm and I moved it forward around 1 cm because I was sitting further back on the saddle now.

After ~ 3 weeks, I am sold. At least for my anatomy, the saddle is working much better this way. I've logged around 1000K in this new position now and all is good. Might be worth experimenting for some of you.

One of the pros I know rides likes this but without a cut-out saddle, I can't even imagine, but hey, if it works it works. May have to give it a try some time just for S&Gs

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

I think that saddles should basically NEVER be pointed nose down. I try to keep my saddle very slightly nose up (typically 0.2-0.5deg up). If you NEED to tilt your saddle nose down, it's the wrong saddle.

That said, I rode my saddle through 2009 (winning two IMs) on a saddle that was 0.5deg nose down. But if you see big changes, it's probably wrong.

I think a lot of this calculus changes, though, with a noseless saddle. I think with noseless saddles, it's imperative that you adjust the saddle so that you stay on it. I've never gotten a noseless saddle to work for me. I wonder if I ran them more nose-up if I might like them better. I've always felt like I was "falling off the front" when I rode one. I'm happy with my saddle situation as it exists, but I might try this sometime...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Sitero Nose Up: WOW [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

I think that saddles should basically NEVER be pointed nose down. I try to keep my saddle very slightly nose up (typically 0.2-0.5deg up). If you NEED to tilt your saddle nose down, it's the wrong saddle.

That said, I rode my saddle through 2009 (winning two IMs) on a saddle that was 0.5deg nose down. But if you see big changes, it's probably wrong.

I think a lot of this calculus changes, though, with a noseless saddle. I think with noseless saddles, it's imperative that you adjust the saddle so that you stay on it. I've never gotten a noseless saddle to work for me. I wonder if I ran them more nose-up if I might like them better. I've always felt like I was "falling off the front" when I rode one. I'm happy with my saddle situation as it exists, but I might try this sometime...

That's pretty well it. The falling off the front and "holding yourself up" with your upper body goes away. Now your junk is in the air like it is supposed to with noseless but you're not sliding off the front.
Quote Reply
Re: Sitero Nose Up: WOW [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
How is your road saddle tilted? Do you think this is particular to the Sitero (or other JOF saddles) or to your overall saddle preferences?

My road saddles are generally level. Usually this means that I am sitting in the "low spot" of the "hammock"....nose is slightly higher than where i am sitting, tail is slightly higher. I have a few road saddles where the back end is level and the nose is slightly up relative to the back end. It really depends on the saddle, but I never ride a road saddle nose down. The only one where I did with the Specialized Power, but I am wondering if I better try it slightly nose up and move the saddle down a touch and forward. I have not ridden the bike with the Power for some time.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Sitero Nose Up: WOW [Paul Dunn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My personal experience is that you need 0-+5 degrees tilt in order to stay positioned with the "sit bones" properly positioned and supporting the weight. Otherwise you slide forward and all the weight is on the perineum. And a downward tilt will require arm and shoulder tension in order to prevent sliding forward.

^^^

Quote Reply
Re: Sitero Nose Up: WOW [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:

^^^

Even at level/zero tilt, on a noseless saddle like Sitero, there is some sliding forward (seems to be in line with Rapp's experience too) that the upward tilt seems to have eliminated for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
If you NEED to tilt your saddle nose down, it's the wrong saddle.

I don't know if I buy this. What's the reasoning? If the saddle is pointed down, comfortable, allows for forward hip rotation and a powerful position, and the rider isn't falling off the front--at least not so much that he/she is riding too steeply or the the slide interferes with proper saddle height--why is the pointed down part wrong?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think how far you tip the nose down is also fairly important. My saddle is just barely tilted down and it is perfect. The nose is only about 1-2mm lower than the tail.

But I've seen some saddles that are almost at 45 degrees. I can't understand that.
Quote Reply