Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Similar shoe to kwicky blade lights?
Quote | Reply
Been running in kwicky blade lights for 2 years now and have loved them. Now that kswiss is no longer making them I have to find a new shoe. I have flat-ish feet and all my running shoes wear on the outside (outside heel, outside forefoot and pretty much the middle of the toe area). I was looking at the asics gt 2000 to replace the kwickys. I tried the gt 2000s on at the store and they felt a bit stiff, but I guess it's cause they weren't broken in?? I recently tried on a pair of Nike Free 5.0 for the heck of it and they surprisingly felt awesome, but I think I need a bit more support with having flat arches.

I'm running 40-60mpw and training for a 140.6 at the end of June. So I don't have much time to get acclimated to a new shoe.

Here is a pic of my last pair of kwicky's. They have 313 miles on them...

What do you guys think...gt 2000 be good for me, or something else?
Quote Reply
Re: Similar shoe to kwicky blade lights? [BAR7MAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm running in the new KBL 2. They are a little different on the bottom and the front is not as cool as it's thicker material. So far they feel great. I'd suggest trying them out

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I miss my original kwickys :(

Now I run in Brooks Pure Cadence 3's. I love them and they're just as light and supportive, but they don't seem as cushioned as the kwickys did on 13+ mile runs. I just got my new KBL2s Friday and they seem alright, but I have yet to take them out for a long run. Here's to hoping the K-Swiss change isn't as drastic as Brooks change in their second version of the Pure Cadence.
Quote Reply
Re: Similar shoe to kwicky blade lights? [Mindy00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish they never stopped making them :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are still making them.
Ran Ironman Melbourne in my new KBL2 neutrals 3 weeks ago.
It was my first run in them ( doh), which may have contributed to the tennis ball size blisters on my sockless ( ahh second doh ), heels. Ran a 3.42 marathon so not too bad for an old codger
Have run around 30 miles a week in them since my feet healed and they are great. Similar to my old pair of Kwicky Blade Neutrals
I think the stability version is called the KBL 2.
I grabbed mine from gotri
Quote Reply