Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Silverman Raelart DQ?
Quote | Reply
Michael Raelart DQ'd at Silverman during the bike leg. Any insider information on why?
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman Raelart DQ? [IanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IanH wrote:
Michael Raelart DQ'd at Silverman during the bike leg. Any insider information on why?

Not a clue, but I'm going to throw out the first guess and say crossing the double yellow on an open course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Busted for drafting....3x

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3 times drafting penalty

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman Raelart DQ? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is he vying to be first round draft choice of vw?
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman Raelart DQ? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously? Once can be called an honest mistake. Twice is suspicious. Three times? Is that any different to cutting the course is or doping?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman Raelart DQ? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Seriously? Once can be called an honest mistake. Twice is suspicious. Three times? Is that any different to cutting the course is or doping?

Depends on context. I could see him maybe getting into a passing bitch fest with some other rider and just losing it.
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman Raelart DQ? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Depends on context. I could see him maybe getting into a passing bitch fest with some other rider and just losing it.

Perhaps it was a case of being Rapped multiple times;)

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by buzz [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

yes 3 times raises a curious eye, hopefully someone finds out
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman Raelart DQ? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MR actually raced the whole course and crossed the line first. No joke. He knew he was disqualified and said he wanted to race to the finish and contest the DQ.

At the finish, they interviewed him as the winner and he said he was happy to ride with such a strong rider like Cam Dye.

Second place had no idea he was actually the winner until he was in medical.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Yes. It is different IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman Raelart DQ? [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
MR actually raced the whole course and crossed the line first. No joke. He knew he was disqualified and said he wanted to race to the finish and contest the DQ.

At the finish, they interviewed him as the winner and he said he was happy to ride with such a strong rider like Cam Dye.

Now that is a cheap shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:

A few things:

1. I can see on the Silverman course how he could end up re passing without dropping back on the rollers. It would be really easy to do if you don't pay attention especially with riders of different watts per kilo and watts per CdA. Not an excuse though.

2. Did he stop at the penalty tent after his 1st penalty. If you don't stop, it is an immediate DQ. No need for 3 penalties. One penalty and not stopping at the tent is a DQ.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I think it's different, and given all of the AGers who see is as a "strategy" worth more than the penalties, I'd say most of the tri world feels that way, too. I'd love to see longer penalty times for drafting offences.

On another note, how insane would those emotions be if you were the 2nd place guy who learned he won after the fact? Almost more thrilling than breaking the ribbon.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/10327392
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:

Don't they pull AG'ers transition bags if they get DQ's before T1 or T2? Not the same for pros?

Hopefully he at least referenced the appeal during the winner's interview. If not, seems a bit unsportsmanlike.
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman Raelart DQ? [Pat0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pat0 wrote:
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:

Now that is a cheap shot.

I pulled this move as a junior when I got dq'd for a bs "yellow line" violation 6km into a 130km provincial championship race. I ignored the commisaire's requests to leave the course, I jumped in breakaways all day, and ended up with a full page of fines and citations for my efforts. Kind of a lose-lose no matter what. It feels shitty to quit a race that you prepared and paid for but you kind of muck up the works for others if you stay in-justified or not.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Silverman Raelart DQ? [jenniferpelota] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
On another note, how insane would those emotions be if you were the 2nd place guy who learned he won after the fact? Almost more thrilling than breaking the ribbon.

It would be interesting to hear from Reid on this as I believe this is his first 70.3 win, may be kind of a downer to not get to run through the tape as the winner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems really bizarre, most races you couldn't get popped three times even if you tried on purpose! I would find it odd if someone got popped drafting three times in a whole season
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was no tape for men or women. Not that Reid knew that.

I was actually the first person to tell him that he was likely the winner. At the time, I wanted to be sure he knew it wasn't official but that raelert had indeed been DQ'd. He was shocked but was in awe and didn't want tI believe it. I bet he asked 100 people after that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep that was my first 70.3 win. It was too bad not to brake the tap but I think it will just make me more hungry for my next win.
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman Raelart DQ? [TC_Reid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman Raelart DQ? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not real I only saw him on the bike once. But it was 3x a drafting penalty that he did not serve.
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman Raelart DQ? [TC_Reid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raelert wrote on his Facebook page that he wasn't aware of any punishable offence. He wrote he was accompanied by a referee on a motor bike for the whole 90 km.
It's not the first time that pro athletes seem to be baffled by drafting penalties (see also Schildknecht at IM Texas); my perception might be biased (or not) to notice such things happening mainly to European athletes in the US.
Without suggesting anything sinister, I'm wondering what is required in order to be a referee at such a race. How much experience do you need to have before you're riding with the lead group of the pros? How much experience does the head referee have, who briefs all the refs before the race? And please don't answer anyone "the rules are the rules", as judging the gap between two riders is not an easy task. Between "that's clearly less than 10m" and "that's clearly 10m+", there's also "that's probably <10m" and "this may be <10m", and this grey area can be very significant. Don't think of drafting offences as being binary.
I'm not saying Raelert should or should not have been DQ'd, but I'd be really curious to see some video footage of the punishable offence(s). I think it would be a good idea for referees to have helmet cameras.

Achim Traut
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman Raelart DQ? [heartpatient] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was under the impression that the ref, when giving a penalty, would show you a card from the motorbike to communicate the penalty? If this is the case I can't see how Raelart would miss three penalty cards? There is some key missing details to this story.
Quote Reply

Prev Next