Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Silca Tattico Bluetooth Mini Pump
Quote | Reply
Silca has created a bluetooth Tattico mini pump!
https://silca.cc/...-bluetooth-mini-pump

For those who push the ultimate limits of body and machine we've developed TATTICO Bluetooth® which embeds a highly accurate Bluetooth® pressure transducer inside of our award winning TATTICO mini-pump, allowing you to read highly accurate pressure on your Apple or Android device any time, any place.

Now you can fine tune pressures out on the cyclocross course rather than head for the pits during your pre-ride. You can repair punctures with 0.5psi accuracy whether your in your garage, your hotel room our trailside on the Great Divide. Never again fly with a floor pump, never again have to pinch your tire and guess.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Aug 22, 17 8:27
Quote Reply
Re: Silca Tattico Bluetooth Mini Pump [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I was about to buy a Lezyne pump for traveling to races. One thing I have never liked about hand pumps is how difficult it can be to pump your tires up to desired pressure. But the last time I used a hand pump was like 2009.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Silca Tattico Bluetooth Mini Pump [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This design is pretty unique, it pushes the air backwards through the piston which allows us to hide the check valve and other bits inside the inner tube..which means you get 10-20% more volume per stroke. I think this will change the game for people who fly with their bikes, do extreme distance events, etc. There really is nothing more compact or of similar accuracy for topping off your pressure at 5am in the transition area..

http://www.SILCA.cc
Check out my podcast, inside stories from more than 20 years of product and tech innovation from inside the Pro Peloton and Pro Triathlon worlds!
http://www.marginalgainspodcast.cc
Quote Reply
Re: Silca Tattico Bluetooth Mini Pump [joshatsilca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may just have to test this pump to its limits during the cross season.

I travel and wrench for me wife during her UCI racing schedule. We'll see how it stands up to cross mud, rain, snow, and sealant :)

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My reactions in order:
  1. Triathlon has hit a new peak of ridiculousness - perfect for the P5x frame storage
  2. Actually, maybe this is useful when traveling for a race so you have an accurate PSI reading
  3. Scratch #2, just carry a pressure gauge

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it wae the Lezyne Travel pump that thing sucks, don't bother. Or, I'll sell you one at a great deal!
Quote Reply
Re: Silca Tattico Bluetooth Mini Pump [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's wrong with it? I've read people on here like it.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The major problem is that the hose is way, way too short. Dumb decision. The second problem is that it has horrible balance/leverage.

But seriously, I'll give you a good deal if you want one. Don't believe most things you read on ST, you know that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If only there was a Windows Phone App for it.

Yes, I know I may be one of a very few number of people on here with one. :-p
Quote Reply
Re: Silca Tattico Bluetooth Mini Pump [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've had a few dozen of these in the field under CX riders for the last year and they handled the wet and mud very well, but the most exciting thing for me was that the athletes started taking the pump on the pre-ride and using it to tune pressures out on course rather than looping back through the pits or the parking lot. The reports back from those guys and girls have been glowing in that the pump allowed them to really tweak pressure at a whole new level and to run many more iterations of sketchy sections since they didn't have to complete an entire lap in order to make an informed pressure modification.

Check out my podcast, inside stories from more than 20 years of product and tech innovation from inside the Pro Peloton and Pro Triathlon worlds!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello joshatsilca and All,

When will you offer for purchase your new Silca bicycle Bluetooth aero valve stem cap with capability for continuous pressure monitoring and pumping without removing the valve cap?

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/131744

https://my-fobo.com/Product/FOBOTIRE

(It would be cool if the valve stem cap had a 'pass through' valve incorporated so you could pump the tire without removing the valve cap.)

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
The major problem is that the hose is way, way too short. Dumb decision. The second problem is that it has horrible balance/leverage.

But seriously, I'll give you a good deal if you want one. Don't believe most things you read on ST, you know that!

I agree about the hose being too short, but I had a standard hose and valve connector put on mine, and now it suits my needs very well when traveling. It was worth the extra cost to me to have something for traveling and that I can use to pump up my tires race morning and then hand-off to my family for them to put in a backpack and forget about - I always felt bad when they had to carry a large pump around all morning. I haven't had any problems with balance/leverage.
Quote Reply
Re: Silca Tattico Bluetooth Mini Pump [Iron Dukie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pump would be massively improved with a normal hose length and hiro head. Vittoria latex tubes don't have threaded valve stems so pump heads like Lezyne's can't grip them so I have to hold the head on using a hose that is too short which throws off the balance vs. Using two hands to pump.

They were soooo close.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
^^^ this I burnt through a few latex tubes last race trying to hold and pump without the threads. Not a huge deal on the front, but stinks trying to pump up with a disc on the rear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
The pump would be massively improved with a normal hose length and hiro head. Vittoria latex tubes don't have threaded valve stems so pump heads like Lezyne's can't grip them so I have to hold the head on using a hose that is too short which throws off the balance vs. Using two hands to pump.

They were soooo close.

It is supposed to be threaded onto the end of the presta valve - the part where a plastic cap would go - not the valve stem itself. The Spec travel pump works this way too. The downside is that if tightened enough it will back the entire valve out:( You can switch the hose and pump head to anything you want and it is still a better than average travel pump.

I have the regular Tattico on my gravel bike. It has a flip lock pump head and works pretty good. Like any mini pump it take a lot of stroke to fill a larger volume tire. Used for topping off in T1 it would probably work great, but this is the kind of tool that might disappear from the clear IM transition bags.
Quote Reply
Re: Silca Tattico Bluetooth Mini Pump [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Neal,
Actually worked on something like this for a while during this project, but the technology just isn't there yet for size and weight. I have a bunch of modified variants of that Garmin you show and the imbalance and size of it is really unworkable..and that's packaged as simply as possible.
Give it a few years though..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
whats teh valve engagement mechanism on this pump?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:

They were soooo close.

Just borrowed a buddies Lezyne travel pump. I can pump up vittoria latex tubes no problem. It just threads on to the removable valve core.

I'll agree with the hose length. That needs to be longer.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
pump heads like Lezyne's can't grip them

Mine does. Not sure if Vittoria changed theirs or not, but the top has a few faux threads the lezyne pump grabs on to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:

They were soooo close.

I put a longer hose and a Silca Hiro on mine and it works fine. I love that Hiro.

-------
Joe

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How many pumps on the Tattico to inflate from 0 to 100 psi?

-------
Joe

Quote Reply
Re: Silca Tattico Bluetooth Mini Pump [Joe C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe C. wrote:
How many pumps on the Tattico to inflate from 0 to 100 psi?

+1
Quote Reply