Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Show me your Zipp 2001 3001
Quote | Reply
Hello beam bicycle fans, I have been a big fan of Zipp and all other beam bicycles ever since they first came out and I still love them. What are the worse and best experiences do you have? Do you need help in setting up, any advice with your bike, cables, brakes, etc. problems? What kind of set up do you have on your beam bike? Do post your pride and joy beam bike. We would love to see your Softride, Zipp, etc .

Note: please no hate talk, no bad talk.

Love will always outweigh haters. Life is short, enjoy, love, peace!
I like to share with you my retro bicycle collection:

Click here for more Max T Bicycle Collection in maximum resolution:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxtbicycle/

Last edited by: maxtbicycle: May 26, 13 20:50
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Zipp 2001 3001 [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to google zipp 2001 is not funny, because you spam the net with your pictures :-)

LES IS MORE!

maxtbicycle wrote:

Hello Zipp bicycle fans, I have been a big fan of Zipp 2001 and 3001 bicycles ever since they first came out and I still love it. What are the worse and best experiences do you have? Show me yours and here are mine:

Life is short, enjoy, love, peace!

Click here for more Max T Bicycle Collection in maximum resolution:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxtbicycle/

I DONT LIKE SNOW!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Getting ready to add some nokons and possibly a new 650 Firecrest.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Zipp 2001 3001 [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap---thats a mighte nice ride you got there sir.
-----

2011 Broward County 60-64M Sprint Tri Champion
2011 1st place 60-64M Race Troops Sprint Tri
2012 1st place 60-64M Spring Training Sprint Tri
2013 1st place 60-64M Bone Island HIM
2013 1st place 60-64M Tri-Miami International Tri
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Zipp 2001 3001 [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello leegoocrap,

Wow! That is an amazing Zipp bike you have there Mr. I remember I searched for a Zipp 2001 on the net and I ran by your bike. You showed us the progress of your bike project from original to the final. You let the fans make all decisions for you on color choices, shape of the thunder lightning bolt Z, etc. that were brave and good for you. Please do show us more of before and after photos of your bike?

Do explain to us about the shape of your frame at the lower headset. How did you get that shape? Thank you and enjoy your beautiful bike.
-Max T

Last edited by: maxtbicycle: May 22, 13 16:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would post pictures of my 2001 here if anybody could tell me HOW I can get them in .......
regards from germany
Markus
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Zipp 2001 3001 [emmde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
emmde wrote:
I would post pictures of my 2001 here if anybody could tell me HOW I can get them in .......
regards from germany
Markus
In Reply To:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

-Stephen in Arkansas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every time I see your bikes, I get 'bike lust'. You have so many nice pieces!

Due to your Zipps, and others, I ended up getting an old Softride Powerbeam and updated it. The Powerbeam was the closest thing I could find to a Zipp 2001 that would not break the bank. Love the ride.

I wish Zipp would bring these bikes back. Or give someone the molds to make them.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Zipp 2001 3001 [razorbacksteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Stephen!
Here you go:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With another bar:

Last edited by: emmde: May 22, 13 13:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The original version. That was the setup when bought it.
Enjoy
regards from Germany
Markus

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine´s :

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One that I owned:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And a last one (not a Zipp of course) that I still regret to have sold....
Got some more pics, but enough for today!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Zipp 2001 3001 [mfrassica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every time I see your bikes, I get 'bike lust'. You have so many nice pieces!
Due to your Zipps, and others, I ended up getting an old Softride Powerbeam and updated it. The Powerbeam was the closest thing I could find to a Zipp 2001 that would not break the bank. Love the ride.
I wish Zipp would bring these bikes back. Or give someone the molds to make them.

-----------

I am so happy to hear that you were motivated by images of my bicycles because like you, I used to search for Zipp 2001 and 3001 on internet but there were hardly any images of them. Either the images were too small or being blocked. I could not download the images of a beautiful bike that I was so admired. I took so much time and effort to take photos of my Zipp bikes and share with bike fans all over the world. Do show us your Softride; we would love to see it. Have fun and continue the passion of cycling.

I doubt Zipp bike will be back soon because of the cost and labor. While back I wrote to the Zipp Company and offered to buy their mold but I never got any respond.

Last edited by: maxtbicycle: May 22, 13 15:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Hello Markus,

Wow, you are a superman. That is a good looking Zipp bike you have there. What a small world it is. I remember we have communicated before through phone and emails. I did not expect such a nice surprise call all the way from Germany to talk about Zipp bikes. I was in New York for a business trip during that time and I saw your bike that you posted for sell. I do hope you still have it because it is a beautiful bike.

That black large 650c small beam on the left is so stealthy look. I am still in search for more Zipp bicycles in all kind of colors. I spent so much money for all of my bicycles. If I stick to only Zipp bicycles, imagine I would have heaven of Zipp bikes. That would be a nice fantasy.

-Max T

Last edited by: maxtbicycle: May 22, 13 15:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stepping in here, since I know the answer to your questions.

1. I designed the lightning bolt Z logo, and applied an additional layer of CF to each side of the frame, similar to the extra layer that was added to the 3001. I compressed it in such a way as to create those stripes (lighter and darker sections of CF).

2. Behind the headset, I reshaped it a bit using a lightweight body filler combined with epoxy and carbon fiber bits. It added about 25 grams to the weight.

I also had to install new inner housing from the entry point behind the stem back to the front derailleur. That took almost 8 hours to get it just right.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too bad Zipp did not seem interested in selling molds. Not sure why, if they were just going to mothball them. Anyway, this is my attempt to mimic the Zipp 2001/3001. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful bikes, they give others ideas and inspiration.

[/url][/img]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too bad Zipp did not seem interested in selling molds. Not sure why, if they were just going to mothball them. Anyway, this is my attempt to mimic the Zipp 2001/3001. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful bikes, they give others ideas and inspiration.
----------

Hi mfrassica,

Your bicycle is a very nice stealthy look. I always want one like that. Softride will always have a classic look that will never lose its character.

Thank you for a nice compliment and a well thought of my endeavoring. You know what? You made my day and put a smile on my face when I hear your word of inspiration.

I have been a big fan of bicycles ever since I was a boy at 7 years old. I was drooling over the bmx bikes that only rich kids could have.

I was poor throughout my college years in Portland Oregon and sometimes went hungry many days. Looking back, there were so many memories during hard time. I always hold back my tears every time I think about it.

Bicycle was my passion and it inspired me to reach my goals. After graduation, I finally could take care of myself and was able to help bicycle fellows by donating them bicycle parts. I always had extra parts in my car and was ready to give. I was able to buy bicycles and my wish list has been filling up ever since.

I have been very busy and there is hardly time for me to enjoy all of my pride and joy. I took time to take photos of my bicycles and I hope my photos will inspire more people like me.

There are so many kinds of people in this world and I hope my messages will inspire them. The best thing in life is not just things. Love will always outweigh haters. Life is short, enjoy, love and peace!

Last edited by: maxtbicycle: Dec 13, 13 19:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi emmde,

That sky blue Zipp with Softride beam is a really nice looking bike. I remember the first Zipp I saw was from a Bicycling magazine in 92. The front page showed a guy was in a white cycling jersey on a red Zipp 2001 with Softride beam. The image was in wide angle with stream of dust behind his wheel on a desert and I was going wow! It was an amazing machine that had ever roamed on earth.

Lately I miss out a very similar bike because I was not fast enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
---------
P.S.
I wish I have the Zipp molds, which would be a dream.
Please tell us more about your bike. It looks very nice and clean. The cranks are 175mm +? I have a Softride Power V and I do not think I will ever get it set up.
Last edited by: maxtbicycle: May 26, 13 22:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Friends...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
VERY nice! is the one on the right a 650c?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Zipp 2001 3001 [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are both 650c.
retro rules
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are right, retro rules. You can be creative with retro bikes. Most modern bikes are integrated and you end up having to accept the way they are. You cannot modify them because most of them are not standard.
Last edited by: maxtbicycle: Jun 1, 13 1:16
Quote Reply

Prev Next