Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$1200.... hmmmm seems expensive for a CHN frame... I wonder if they did wind tunnel test on it?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [flyrunride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yah they put it on a roof rack and went through the Peking tunnel :0)

Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Comparing the cross-section on the drawing with the known dimension of the stem (31.8), I get somewhere between 28 and 30mm. Should be narrow enough.

I've done some CFD on the shape, and it's the real deal on the downtube. The seat tube toward the top and the seatpost are still an unknown quantity, but the rest looks very solid assuming you are willing to get down and dirty with the cable routing (which you have to do on most bikes anyway).

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [flyrunride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
same here

I'm interested at 700-800$, but I will pas at 1200$. I would have change the cockpit anyway...
it's still "cheap" for a carbon bike, but kinda expensive since it's not branded.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [zambony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Anyone with this frame having problems with their seat tube slipping? As I tighten the seat tube wedge, it simply rises out of the frame. I tried shimming the back side of the wedge, but that didn't help at all. Any ideas? I'm not using any carbon paste yet, but I figured I'd check here before throwing money at the problem?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Miracle Trade MT-MC055
(Idea to use a road bike in this manner shamelessly stolen from TomA)

I'm anxiously awaiting sales of the TriRig Omega brake for both front and rear.

Bike position was perfected on a Cervelo P2sl. Transferred to this frame with no problems.
Full build report:
http://www.velobuild.com/...-first?Itemid=0#2517
Last edited by: EvenOlder: Jun 15, 12 17:54
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [flatfour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flatfour wrote:

Anyone with this frame having problems with their seat tube slipping? As I tighten the seat tube wedge, it simply rises out of the frame. I tried shimming the back side of the wedge, but that didn't help at all. Any ideas? I'm not using any carbon paste yet, but I figured I'd check here before throwing money at the problem?

Yep. Try lots of carbon paste.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [flatfour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not have this frame but have had a lot of success with carbon paste. Seems to do its job well.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
allenpg wrote:
Here's my experimental TT build for training...my Isaac Joule Aerotic frame developed a small crack. This is a new Flyxii frame. There are some subtle nuances for getting this frame. If you're not comfortable sanding carbon, facing bottom brackets, etc., don't get this frame...:) An incredible deal and very high quality for the price. Yes, no warranty or support...then again, the company I bought my frame from went out of business, so it doesn't matter. BTW, my race bike is a Felt. It also has frame issues, but no warranty, since I bought it used.

Shifters are Rival. Crankset is FSA SL-K. Bars are Chinese. Wheels are Hongfu 50mm tubulars with Powertap rear and Sapim CX-Rays (mostly used in crits and road races). Brakes are TRP/Tektros with one of their new models (more to come later). Weight for complete bike is 17.0 lbs (w/pedals). When I get more time, I post complete details. Thanks.

I thought I would post an update on my bike after about 300 miles. Overall, it's a great training bike. The frame arrived within about 3 weeks of me ordering it. Not too bad for about $500+. This frame is not for the plug-n-play home mechanic. The crown race fit perfectly on the fork (thanks to the right PVC pipe "tool"), but I had to sand the steerer tube a little in order to get it to fit in the headset bearings. Also, I had to Dremel the rear dropouts to get the wheel straight. Not a big deal to me, especially for the money I spent. I also needed to use liberal amounts of carbon paste on the seatpost clamp to keep it from slipping/creaking (and use a torque wrench at ~8 nM). As posted earlier, you need to use a rear TRP brake on the front. It's kind of weird at first, but works fine. also used the newer TRP 925.1R brake in the rear to keep the noodle from rubbing against the crankset. I've raced this frame once, but can't compare to my Felt B2R, since they were different courses. I do feel like bombing corners on this one though vs my Felt. Also, the cable routing on this frame is great. I'm running a SRAM Rival drivetrain and it ships comparable to the SRAM Red on the Felt. Plus, the TRP brakes work pretty well. Not as good as standard brakes, but not that bad

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Last edited by: allenpg: Jun 24, 12 21:51
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [argeru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi !!
I have read your posts about building your own TT bike with parts from China. I´m from Denmark and have been in the sport for a year now and about to start building my own bike.
I´m not interested in running into problems like the ones you had with the brakes, so if you have any usefull info to share before I start shopping on Aliexpress I would be really happy.
I have been looking at the HF-FM052 ( 59 cm ) at Huizhou Hongfu Mould processing store, but I havn’t decided yet.
I want to put on the T925 1R on the bike, but do you know if it will fit this fork without running into trouble ? I´m not really interested in doing modifications to make it fit.
If you’re interested in sharing some of your experiences with a novice builder, let me know . . . .
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [EndureON] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am looking into these same bikes. Did you ever make a purchase?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [epoch2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is mine. I have seen this same frame re badged alot, it is a planet x. I have about 500 miles on it and it has been fine. I have a road bike from Dengfu as well. I have easly 10,000 miles on it with chinese wheels and i have had ZERO issues. I think people would be truly amazed if they knew where things were made not assembeled.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are those also the chinese aerobars? If so, how are they? I remember hearing they needed some sanding to fit but how are they once on the bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [bhebert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi bhebert.

No - I havent bought the parts yet. I´m trying to do my homework up front to avoid problems when i´m start building. But my mate has done several purchases from China, and he has experienced no problems at all so far. But he´s into MTB and quite an expert on this - but his knowledge about putting a TT together is limited. But he has provided me with a lot of reliable adresses and companies.
Dont know anything about customs in the US,- but in Denmark it´s a rip-off customvise when you buy parts from China. The companies there is quite nice to enclose an alternative invoice with a reduced price when asked.
In a matter of days I´m starting to order. I´ll post my experiences if anyone is interested.

But I´m still interested in hearing about parts and the anoyances to expect ( ?? )
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [KingYeti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find it very intresting that people build cheap frames with amazing components eg zipps ect. when the "heart" of the bike is the frame. I understand the attraction of a cheaper bike tho

http://stuartwalpole.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [stuartaus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 'heart' of a bike is the engine, i.e. the rider.
But I see what you mean.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [epoch2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

SFT086, saw it over at RBR
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [hansonator69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow!! That is probably the closest copy of a plasma I have ever seen! Looks great though. I still like the style of the FM069 though. Anybody have any solid pricing on the 69 yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [joes32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joes32 wrote:
Wow!! That is probably the closest copy of a plasma I have ever seen! Looks great though. I still like the style of the FM069 though. Anybody have any solid pricing on the 69 yet?

$1200. $9xx if you can order 10+. Comes with TRP brakes. That's my quote from Deng Fu.

You're better off just buying a clearance frameset from a real company compared to this particular model.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Stock R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you say that about this particular model?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [joes32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joes32 wrote:
Why do you say that about this particular model?

Because all the other chinese carbon frames are approximately $300-500 w/ fork which gives the buyer a significant $ savings over branded framesets to build up a quality bike which is worth the financial risk associated typically with buying a chinese frame.

At $1200, you've entered the brand name frameset price zone. Clones like the FM098 and the FM066 are cheap (especially at group buy rates) and significantly less than the real frameset and worth the risk, but the FM069... no way.

I'm a fan and supporter of China carbon, but truth is, their warranty and post-sales support is worth less than the paper it's printed on. $1200 on an untested aero frame with no warranty, no post-sale support, and no replacement parts is not worth the unknown aero advantage it offers (if any).

I was so excited when the FM069 came out... until I saw the price tag. Hopefully this is one of the first, and future models will see a significant price drop. My Transition is due for an upgrade.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [hansonator69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That really is a stellar looking setup compared to most. It's also a 1-1/8" standard fork, so you could put a Cervelo fork on there with an Omega or some such. Interesting options.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its probably a better idea to put a standard fork in so you don't have that clusterfuck of the TRP TTV brakes behind the fork.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on the heart is the rider/engine...
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Stock R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you look closely at the frame it's not the same as the dengfu. Has anybody found out more details?

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply

Prev Next