Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Leng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Luiz, I have a hard time fishing the rear brake and front der cable housing out of that small hole under the bottom bracket, how did you do that?

Jerry
Jacksonville, FL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Misa like it !!! Nice painting too.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [jerrycgators] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a plastic liner from jagwire that is perfect for that ... I use it first because it was flexible and easy to get it , after that i connected both with a tape and captured the housing.

Luiz Eng
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is my latest 1x8 tri bike, built on an FM018 frame. Excuse the training wheels. I routed the rear brake cable out the front derailleur hole of the handlebar for symmetry and balance. I fabricated magnetic CF hole covers for the seat post. I am looking for a nicer hole plug for the unused front derailleur frame hole - electrical tape will do in the interim.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [DrTriKat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I´m new with Triathlon.

Bike prices were the first thing that surprised me.

Find this Forum and Post, its awesome.

Can you recommend a website to buy these frames?

Thanks all of you for sharing your knowledge.

Greetings from Patagonia.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [OmarAA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Omar,

Welcome.

You can buy the frames from places like Hong Fu, Deng Fu, etc. They usually accept paypal and charge you the 3.2% plus $80-ish shipping to the US. I don't know what it is to South America.

There is a pretty significant thread on these types of bikes over a Road Bike Review forums.

Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [OmarAA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to triathlon! Yes, the money you could spend on gadgets/parts could be astronomical, but there are many ways to save. Aliexpress is a chinese ebay-type website that sells from many chinese manufacturers/retailers and ships all around the world. i have had a good experience buying all kinds of bike parts/components through that site.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [DrTriKat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrTriKat wrote:
Welcome to triathlon! Yes, the money you could spend on gadgets/parts could be astronomical, but there are many ways to save. Aliexpress is a chinese ebay-type website that sells from many chinese manufacturers/retailers and ships all around the world. i have had a good experience buying all kinds of bike parts/components through that site.

Thanks all of you!

In my country we have a phrase "The indian is the important thing, not the arrow".

I will start searching on ebay.

Thanks a lot again.

Greetings from Patagonia.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leng wrote:
I have a plastic liner from jagwire that is perfect for that ... I use it first because it was flexible and easy to get it , after that i connected both with a tape and captured the housing.

Luiz did you have any problems importing the bike to Brazil? taxes?

I also live in São Paulo and Im thinking of buying a bike from Hong FU...

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [hisholiness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Still a work in progress, but here's my Dengfu FM069 which I'm building up with Ultegra 6770 Di2.
Paint / colour scheme is their standard offering but I've ordered with less decals for a slightly more understated look. There wasn't a suitable place for the external battery so I mounted it on the underside of the non-drive chainstay.
I've attached a link to my Google Drive folder with photos. I'll keep this updated.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-M9_HUMG7AZfmtBdERDTVo5VExxUzRId0EtNDZuelVPc0tMNW96Vm1XOEhIeUF1d1R5ZFk&usp=sharing
Last edited by: Atommcc: Feb 2, 15 6:04
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Atommcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious, what kind of brake levers did you use? I am going to build an FM086 frame using trp ttv brakes that I believe the fm069 uses, and I have read that you need linear pull / long pull / v brake levers.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [mspratt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like red annodized version of the Sram 500 Aero Brake levers:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct! They're SRAM TT 500 brake levers. Haven't used the bike in anger yet but they seem to work fine so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [turboferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TurboFerret, that is the same exact fork the Falco V uses. Check out their website for a slightly better front brake cable routing. It's about a 10 min fix.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xing triathlete wrote:
TurboFerret, that is the same exact fork the Falco V uses. Check out their website for a slightly better front brake cable routing. It's about a 10 min fix.

Thanks, but I've been on a Speed Concept 9 for nearly 9 months now :D

Cheers, Rich
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [purduetri13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My FM086 with Ultegra level components is up for sale now in the classifieds. Has been a GREAT bike for me!

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...gi?post=5457034&

I would be happy to answer any questions.

Quote | Reply
Thanks for letting me know, but I actually have already ordered an FM086 and am in the process of building it. I will make sure to post pictures on this thread when I am done.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [turboferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been looking at this Frame set for a while ... I think it is badass ... my biggest concern is that I am tall (6ft3.5) and I am concerned that the TT-bar set-up is not adjustable enough for me and I am going to get stuck with a bike that doesn't fit me ... are the TT-bars fairly adjustable? can you adjust the arm rests vertically? thanks for any feedback
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Jayhox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been looking at this frame for a long time ... looks like you were able to add TT bar risers? my biggest concern was that the TT bars would not be adjustable enough for me and it would be a loss to buy ... I am assuming these were the TT bars that came with the frame set?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [craigdu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigdu wrote:
I've been looking at this frame for a long time ... looks like you were able to add TT bar risers? my biggest concern was that the TT bars would not be adjustable enough for me and it would be a loss to buy ... I am assuming these were the TT bars that came with the frame set?

I got rid of the bars that came with the bike and put on a set of 3T Brezza bars. Tons of adjustability options with those.

Quote | Reply
i notice that with the TT bars that come with there is a nose in the middle of the TT bars ... and the entire front has a hood that covers the TT bar setup ... this is still accomplished with the 3T set?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
craigdu wrote:
i notice that with the TT bars that come with there is a nose in the middle of the TT bars ... and the entire front has a hood that covers the TT bar setup ... this is still accomplished with the 3T set?

Yes. You can use just about any standard 31.8 diameter basebar setup.

Quote | Reply
This frame is the FM086? thru alibaba?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
craigdu wrote:
This frame is the FM086? thru alibaba?

True Dengfu. Look up Chicanery's posts about his original build. I bought it from him. It tells you everything you would want to know.

Quote | Reply
Bump this. A lot has changed in 5 years.
Quote Reply

Prev Next