Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [turboferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that your height is 178cm, which is my height, What about your "Inseam" ?

I'm really excited with Dengfu framesets and I wanna decide between FM069 and FM086.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [doricardo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear 32" length trousers. I hope this helps. I consider myself fairly normally proportioned (albeit a bit of a skinny runt) so no freakishly long/short legs for my height.

Cheers, Rich
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About 81cm, it's sme for me.

That's my doubt the top tube of FM086 for framesize 54 is 551.6 ..
the FM069 size 54 is 535, I think is pretty considerable..
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [doricardo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you would like me to take any specific measurements of my frame which aren't on the website, let me know.

I know from comparing various companies and drawing up comparative drawings in CAD and overlaying them, you do sometimes need to make a few guesses.

Cheers, Rich
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [epoch2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's mine with the Flow wheels

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [sverdrup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally have my race wheels with Powertap so I can officially post pictures now. Aftere swapping 87 parts with Chicanery, I finally grabbed his bike and started building it up. Ultegra/Dura Ace components, 3T aerobar, ENVE 6.7 SES Powertap, Sitero Pro carbon saddle, GP4000s tires.

Bad frontal photo:

Quote | Reply

FM 098
SRAM Red group
Specialized Shiv alloy tt bars
PT rear wheel with aerojacket and 55mm Chinese carbon clincher front wheel

Michael Hebert
Hebertmike.com
Supported by: EnduroPacks | TrainerRoad | Asylum Cycles
I support: Team RWB
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [hebert.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw this today. Failed during race. Ebay frame....

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [9kfever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohhhhh.......SNAP!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do that search again and you'll find plenty of A-brand frames failing in similar ways. Things break, it's not abnormal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turboferret wrote:
champsk, I'm 5'10"/178cm and ordered a 54cm, and it fits nicely. This is one of me on it for a trial fit. It is quite aggressive at the front - the base bars have no height adjustability, but that suits me fine.

You can see from this shot taken during IM Zurich, that even on the base bars my back is quite flat.

Overall I'm very pleased with it and it's excellent value for money. All I need to do is work out a cunning internal routing for the front brake.

Cheers, Rich

Couldn't help myself and looked up your result. We finished within a minute of each other! (I won but don't worry I won't tell anyone....) Tough day at the office, right?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9kfever wrote:

You saw a pic today of a broken bike with no information on the type of failure, great informative post! Can't wait to hear more of your wisdom!

Btw if you actually researched you'd find hundreds of name brand bikes/forks with the same type of failure.

Also there is a chance that the owner of that bike did not buy it on ebay, so not sure what they have to do with this and your attempt at trolling is a bigger failure than that fork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9kfever wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up. Can you post a link so that I can learn more about the incident and circumstances?

Quote | Reply
Those are the worst 3t aerobar knockoffs. Look how thick the basebar is. Otherwise cool bike

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thirstygreek wrote:
Those are the worst 3t aerobar knockoffs. Look how thick the basebar is. Otherwise cool bike

Those are actual 3T aerobars. The Brezza stealth black version. Not a knockoff.

Quote | Reply
Really?? If so I'm sorry. Wow that is a very thick basebar compared to other offerings and even another 3t bar I've seen in person.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the Brezza has always been a little thicker than it probably needs to be, but still a great bar with rear exiting for the brake cables which is important to me. Got it for a steal so I couldn't pass it up. Still keeping my eye on the Tririg Alpha bars.

Quote | Reply
Yup, my first ever long tri, and wasn't exactly a walk in the park! I don't often need an intravenous drip after a race either :O

What was your number?

Cheers, Rich
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [JTB013] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Joe, Have you received some information about http://www.speedercycling.com ? I'm interested too.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dont get all upset. I saw the post on Facebook and thought I would share incase anyone wanted to inspect the fork on their China Pinarello. I actually just had surgery on my clavicle yesterday and typing is a PITA.

Just trying to spread the word to maybe save someone a crash. And yes, many other companies have had similar issues. Hell I ride Cervelos and know all about their fork issues, Had it been a cannondale/trek/whatever I would have posted as well.

Caption from post shared from a user named Joe Chai:

THE END OF THE CHINA FRAME
The owner of this no name carbon frameset (originally bought on ebay) was racing this bike when the fork steerer separated. he fell and hit his face. from the time he crashed to when the ambulance came, he lost a cup of blood – he was rushed to the hospital for facial reconstruction surgery on his cheek. he will survive, but will have lots of rash and scars. and in perspective, though the crash was bad, it could’ve been much, much worse. imagine if this happened on a descent in a pack of 100 racers or more. some may say that it’s the owner that’s ultimately responsible of their own equipment, but how much can you really know about your own bike? you weren’t the one that did the carbon layup on it, or engineered it to withstand a certain amount of stress before breaking. the fact that these cheap frames are sold to consumers is not only wreckless, it’s heartless and cold. in the grand scheme of things, the company cranking out these cookie cutter pinarellos haven’t done any research and development on their products. they’re in it for the money, and nothing else. it’s horrible to see one broken, and unfortunate that an innocent cyclist had to suffer injury because of it.

Last edited by: 9kfever: Jan 9, 14 11:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And for what it's worth, the post was shared by a socal racer yesterday....but the original post was from Jan 31. Still might be worth a quick teardown and inspection of fork...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Appreciate the info.

Quote | Reply
9kfever wrote:
Dont get all upset.

Who's upset your post just had no place here.

The source isn't much better, it has no information that shows the failure is related to a manufacturing problem yet blames it on one, heck it blindly condemns an entire nation.

If you were trying to help you should have started a general post about checking your equipment, clearly burying it in a huge thread is the way to make sure everyone is safe....
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You must really love your China frame. I have nothing against them and have checked the thread regularly to check out the builds.

If a mod wants to delete it or move it so be it. There has been many sources of info that have shown manufacturing issues with the China forks (i.e. the lopsided specialized knock-offs). If I was riding the popular Pinarello Ebay frame, I would want to check the fork after seeing that pic. That is all.

Signing out...
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Andy_M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any idea when it will be released?

Quote Reply

Prev Next