Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [champsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
champsk, I'm 5'10"/178cm and ordered a 54cm, and it fits nicely. This is one of me on it for a trial fit. It is quite aggressive at the front - the base bars have no height adjustability, but that suits me fine.

You can see from this shot taken during IM Zurich, that even on the base bars my back is quite flat.

Overall I'm very pleased with it and it's excellent value for money. All I need to do is work out a cunning internal routing for the front brake.

Cheers, Rich
Last edited by: turboferret: Nov 14, 13 6:56
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [turboferret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turboferret wrote:
champsk, I'm 5'10"/178cm and ordered a 54cm, and it fits nicely. This is one of me on it for a trial fit. It is quite aggressive at the front - the base bars have no height adjustability, but that suits me fine.

You can see from this shot taken during IM Zurich, that even on the base bars my back is quite flat.

Overall I'm very pleased with it and it's excellent value for money. All I need to do is work out a cunning internal routing for the front brake.

Cheers, Rich

Rich, thanks for the reply.
I think with the front brake cable you can try what the Fuji Norcom Straight, stuffing the brake cable trough the fork steerer tube.

What make you choose the gloss black over matte?

cheers,
champ
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [epoch2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's mine Denfgu fm018. I will try to get FLO wheels in the next pre-sale.

Last edited by: sverdrup: Nov 15, 13 4:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
champ,

I can't remember why I chose gloss, it may have been a delivery time issue, or matt was a higher cost option, and as a Scotsman, value counts! I will agree that matt would probably look smarter.

Cheers, Rich
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [sverdrup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The FLO wheels comes with such a reasonable price and I wish I could have one unfortunately my race is on 1st December so I have no choice to grab a RENN flat disc which turn out that I really love it.
This is my fianl Chinese S5 setup. ^^

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [mikex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi. Mikex,

I met you at bike shop today and recommended this forum to me, thank you.

BTW, your bike is lovely set. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [pkminibike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A friend had the decals made

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Sharkbelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sharkbelly wrote:

Here is my Chinese Dengfu bike. Built up for my own education and fun. I think the bike came out good. Have only ridden a couple of times so far but looking forward to putting some miles on it.

What framesize is this and how tall are you?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Transition3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Transition3 wrote:
A friend had the decals made

Nice! Much better than putting real brand logos on a faux frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got the geo chart on the new HongFu FM109.

Note that column D is seatpost length, while A is top tube.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/...vengerTTgeo.jpg.html][/url]

Ex Race Director, put out of business by the Rona
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My FM086 is at the bike shop betting its drive train now. I'm looking forward to riding it soon. There are a few things that you need to take into account with these bikes.

The good:
Shipped fast. 8 days to get from China to San Fran to clear customs, to me here in Kona. All for $90. Amazing. I've had some mainland retailers charge more for something that weighs 2 pounds and arrives in 20 days .
Packaged well. Not a cheap falling apart cardboard box.
Good price.
No guilt, no crazy looks when you decide to paint it.

The bad:
No parts list. Did I get everything? I hope so.
No directions. Am I putting everything where it goes? I hope so.
No torque wrench settings. This is a biggie. You are building a carbon bike. Knowing how much to tighten the parts is absolutely critical. I was shocked that this was not included. It's downright irresponsible.
Seller will be happy to sell you add-ons that don't really work for the bike. 27mm wide aero rims only work if you shave the brake pads alot, only with 23mm tires.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [mikedrutar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of the recent posts have been about Hongfu and Dengfu - can anyone comment/experience with http://www.ebay.com/itm/160590182575 from carbonzone? Looks nice, concerned about having to buy their Aerobar and the seatpost - but the price seems too good.

Also I'm not expecting a ton, I'm just looking for a cheap way to build up a carbon bike, will probably use ultegra 6800 groupset.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [creyes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
creyes wrote:
A lot of the recent posts have been about Hongfu and Dengfu - can anyone comment/experience with http://www.ebay.com/itm/160590182575 from carbonzone? Looks nice, concerned about having to buy their Aerobar and the seatpost - but the price seems too good.

Also I'm not expecting a ton, I'm just looking for a cheap way to build up a carbon bike, will probably use ultegra 6800 groupset.

Hi,
I think that Carbozone is a reseller of HongFu. I did not deal with them. I bought the FM018 from Denfu in october. I ride it only once, but i'm very happy with the build and the quality so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same frame from Carbonzone, but a few years old now. Absolutely love it. For me, it's fast and comfortable. No issues with the build. The internal cabling was really smooth and easy. Why do you need to use their aero bars? I have a regular stem and my own aero bars (PD Ozero) on mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody have any experience (good or bad) with Xiamen Carbon Focus Technologies (http://speedercycling.en.alibaba.com/...me_Trial_Frames.html ORhttp://www.speedercycling.com/)? I am interested in their TT frame model FF-R817.
Any thoughts or experiences with these guys are appreciated.

Joe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one of these too. 3k weave for me though.

You do need to use their seatpost (which is included), but not their bars or really anything else.

My recommendation, have them include a headset, additional RD hanger. (especially the RD hanger)
Rear brake takes a little work to get it all figured out, but nothing terrible.

Contact them and they are super easy to work with. I had mine in just over a week, pain free build except for seat clamp. (where the seat attaches to post) Very cheaply made, replaced it with the same style clamp but for Spec. Transition. ~$20.

I've sent other ST'ers pics of my build process, if you'd like to see them I'd be happy to try and find them again.

As with others, mine is now 3 seasons old, very comfy. fast.

Michigan Awesome

Hand2Hand Ministries
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How come Chinese companies do not make disc wheels?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mate, I'm Ricardo from Brazil, I loved your bike, Can you tell me about the groupset you have used ? Cranckset, cassete, derailleur e etc ?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [doricardo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doricardo,

from my first post on the 11th page: Frame from Dengfu, chinese wheels too, built up with mainly Ultegra Di2, Quarq and a Dash saddle.

Cheers, Rich
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about the brakes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRP, as recommended by Dengfu. I'm not sure many other types would be compatible with the post-mount fittings.

Cheers, Rich
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Timmetje [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is my bike. It's an unbranded Planet X stealth. It's actually really close to the original Planet X. My seatpost tends to slowly slide down into the frame, and I thought this was because of the chinese quality. However, a friend at the cycling club has the original planet x frame and has the same issue with the seat post ;). Some layers of aluminium tape over the lower part of the seatpost fix the clearance issue, very classy... Still, it served me well has done many miles.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Bluesman68] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mate, which brand is it ? Hongfu, Dengfu ....
Last edited by: doricardo: Jan 5, 14 15:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just wondering: is there a consensus on which one of the $500-600ish Chinese carbon frames is the highest quality?

Asking for a friend ;)
Quote Reply

Prev Next