Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [EvenOlder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heres another MC055. I just have to trim the cables and some athoer small stuff the its ready when the snow is gone!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [hansonator69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hansonator69 wrote:

hmmm... so now there's the FM087 which appears to be just like the FM069 except with a zero rise stem.

For some reason, I keep tabs on the newer TT frames that appear from the Pacific Rim. My information says that this company makes the FM086

http://www.hz-bikes.com/...;at=read&did=389

and DengFu is a reseller. I can't verify that one way or the other. Don't know if you can purchase direct or not....
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [The_Swede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are you using for the rear brakes?
Did the rear brakes fit well?

Thanks-
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [EvenOlder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am using a SRAM apex I had no problems with it but I havent tried it outside yet (too much snow here in Sweden)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at the FM069 size 56cm. The geometry listed here for the 56cm <http://dengfubikes.com/...mcchk=1&Itemid=1> seems to resemble the geometry of the Trek Speed Concept size XL listed here <http://www.trekbikes.com/...peed_concept_9_9>. They only offer 4 sizes for the FM069 and it looks like they correspond to the speed concept size S,M, L, and XL. They also make a XS speed concept which does not have a FM069 clone. Do these comparisons seem reasonable? I'm 6'3" and I ride a 60cm road bike so I'm hesitant to get a "56 cm" frame. I don't know much about TT geometry, but if Trek makes something with very similar geometry that's called "XL" I'd feel better about it. Just looking for advice. It looks like a nice frame and if I'm confident it's going to fit I think I'm going to go for it.
Last edited by: tstack: Feb 13, 13 13:21
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [tstack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The deng fu site, interestingly enough has reach but not stack. The reach for the 56 is 434, which is inbetween Trek's L and XL.

Click on the Stack & Reach link at the top of the page and you can see how it compares to others at least for reach. Who knows how to compare what the stack is like with the integrated stem...
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not seeing a stack and reach link. One thing I noticed after staring at the FM069 geometry for 20 minutes is that their top tube length is measured from the FRONT of the seat tube to the center of the head tube instead of center to center like most manufacturers measure. This would lengthen the top tube to around 57-57.5 cm which is very close to the speed concept XL. I may just be making up reasons to buy this thing at this point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how do they ride? i'm curious about the ride quality and etc. of china bikes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.slowtwitch.com/stackreach/index.php

Comparing reach is way better than top tube, so this should help a little.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That helps a lot. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [wasfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My information says that this company makes the FM086

http://www.hz-bikes.com/...;at=read&did=389

and DengFu is a reseller. I can't verify that one way or the other. Don't know if you can purchase direct or not....
Altough co-located with the actual manufacturers, both Flybike (aka hz-bikes.com) and Dengfu are re-sellers and not manufacturers and Dengfu will sell direct but I think there currently is an ongoing 'group buy' over at Velobuild. Keep in mind that for some of the resellers, they sometimes are not very concise about stock/availability/shipping of the newest frames possibility due to of having a supply in only one size/finish and it could be 45-60-90 days or more before other sizes are available.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velobuild is only offering the 069 with the riser stem as far as I can tell:

http://velobuild.com/...all/catalog/show/109#

Anyone have pricing for a 087 "module".
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [field3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much more crud do these rear brakes get that are near the bottom bracket? At least the brakes behind the seat post is far from the road and the front tire kick up. I can't image the build up of dirt and then braking and not having any grip especially on a tri bike!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [mjdwyer23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love this frame. Where did you get it ?
Thx,JOE

Joe C.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [wasfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wasfast - Velobuild has is - you just have to PM the mod as apparently they have secured pricing that for some reason they don't want to advertise (very low, according the hints)

osteomark - Most superbikes and plenty of other tri bikes have a very similar set up; brake below bottom bracket with some sort of covering for it. EDIT: to specifically answer your question - in my experience, very, very little. Then again my tri bikes don't play in the rain.

joec nyc - That's a FM098, with the 'venge' paint scheme (really, it's just that simple. buy the bike, ask for the 'venge' paint scheme, and boom). Available all over the net.
Last edited by: JASpencer: Feb 15, 13 7:29
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

New frame which has just popped up on Velobuild... I like how this one uses standard brakes instead of TRP TTV brakes with their convoluted cable routing.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [hansonator69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whats the wheel clearance on the rear chainstay like? I bought an old Planet X bike (Exocet) and I had to run a 19mm tire to get clearance. I want to be able to mount 23mm tires and not have any concern with frame rubbing....
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [superfastjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Anyone have any experience with the fm069 frame? I'm thinking about buying one, but just wanted to get some first hand accounts of how it handles, feels, etc....
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [JTK28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [JTK28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The unfortunately consistent issue I've encountered is long delivery times. Few of the sellers maintain inventory. With Dengfu, I had to ask in 5 different emails if the frameset was in stock or not. Finally, I was quoted 45 days minimum and others experience, that may be optimistic. Food for thought.

One new guy that popped up on Ebay has a slightly different frame than the FM069. Uses a conventional front brake (not crazy about the noodles) amonst a few other details:

http://www.ebay.com/...;hash=item1c34756605
Last edited by: wasfast: Jul 29, 13 12:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
F china right in the mouth
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [pigpen73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
F your mother in the mouth
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [billw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes sir,, F china right in the mouth...
all that booze has skewed your thought process bill, best of luck my friend
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a FM086 from HongFu that is identical with the 087 shown. I do not know whether HongFu is the manufacturer of a reseller, there seems to be a lot of them all selling the same product. I have bought 10 frames from HongFu for various club members, the quality is excellent, they have assembled into bikes with no issues. My FM086 I used Campy derailleurs and the new back to centre shifters, I really like them, I have an old Ultegra crankset with Qrings, I find the Qrings very fussy changing into the big chainring from the small one, but I don't do that too often. I recently purchased a 88mm rear wheel from Carbonzone for this bike, I really like the details they have incorporated into this wheel, it is a tubular rim that has a groove in the middle of the rim to accept the stitching in the centre of the tub. There is a recess where the valve stem goes so that there is no hump in the roundness of the tubular when it is mounted, and to cap it all off, where the valve stem emerges from the rim they have reinforced that area, I am very impressed with the quality of this wheel. I had my grandson airbrush my frame and forks, it sure looks different, I tried to download the picture onto this site, but obviously I am challenged in this endeavour.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Chinese TT/Tri bike [pigpen73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wanna put up a post here and thought that may bothered you guys. But still didn't understand what you did, then I did a little research. You are a local economy supporter. Are you using a more than $5000 carbon frame? otherwise it also made in china, maybe some companies state that it made in USA, not true. Those richman and politician may cheat on you. someday you may find out that you're stupid. I just deleted my posts. last message here. bye bye.
Quote Reply

Prev Next