Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Show me your Argon 18 E-114/112!
Quote | Reply
Im thinking about getting an Argon 114 and I need some sexy pics to motivate me to pull the trigger!
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Argon 18 E-114/112! [triknight92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was considering the 112......they appear to be a bit on the heavy side....

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know you are looking for E-114s, but here is my 2008 E-112 from last season. It is a great frame and I'm very pleased with it. My only two complaints would by the rear brake bolt is a pain to get to and you have to run cable housing all the way from the shifters to bottom bracket and therefore you can't use a normal length cable kit.

ZOOT ULTRA Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Very stiff frame and good ride comfort. But a bit on the heavy side (18.5lbs with the Zipp 606).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool! Not enough Argon pride here.

This is the evolution of mine:

Couldn't handle the speed wobbles, so I replaces the S80s with S40s and a disk cover. Here she is ready for IM Calgary 70.3:

Now I am converting it to an Olympic distace machine. Here she is on the computrainer:

I plan to put a Hed Jet disk and Jet 60 on in the spring.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Argon 18 E-114/112! [Sabre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what kind of saddle is this and how do you like it?

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Argon 18 E-114/112! [Sabre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Very stiff frame and good ride comfort. But a bit on the heavy side (18.5lbs with the Zipp 606).

Pointing your saddle down doesn't bother you? I tried that and it was uncomfortable as hell. I pulled the manual and the manufacturer suggested the saddle being tilted back.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Argon 18 E-114/112! [Punch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run a SMP Stratos and have it totally level. It feels great. I didn't find any benefit with the nose down either.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Argon 18 E-114/112! [ProudMOPer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gorgeous. Very nice!

It looks like from these photos and those I've seen in ads that the down tube isn't rounded but more diamond shaped. Is that correct?

-------
http://www.y-rocket.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is my e-112 the night before the Redman 70.3. Love the bike. It is a tad bit heavier than my last bike, but my splits are WAY better on this bike. No buyers remorse at all. Would buy it again. Just a pleasure to ride the shit out of...

ADW

Last edited by: Onetimepad: Jan 3, 10 20:38
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Argon 18 E-114/112! [mancona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! How do you like the Hed aerobars?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Argon 18 E-114/112! [thenicetwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After using both vision and multiple profile-design bars in the past, I prefer the Hed blackdog base bar and the lazy s bend extensions. They fit me well and are adjustable, light, and aero... but pretty expensive as well.

ZOOT ULTRA Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Argon 18 E-114/112! [sctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Here's mine.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only 18 miles on it before the snow hit!

Please add your (just curious):
  • Frame size: M
  • Inseam: 30"
  • Height: 5'8"

-------------------------------------------------
"Marco [Pantani], why are you such a strong climber? To shorten my pain".
Last edited by: DotBomber: Jan 4, 10 10:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ive since changed the saddle to a Cobb Plus.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Argon 18 E-114/112! [MdotD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, its got a diamond cross-section. If you read their website, they talk about using boats as a model for fluid mechanics, not aeroplanes/aerofoils. It takes a smarter engineer than me to debate whether that is a valid arguement...

Whatever, its' a great bike.

(Sorry it took so long to respond)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bob Parlee apparently comes from a similar background re. boats etc.

Whilst at the same time, his TT frame profiles have NACA Sections.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking for sexy pics ? here's something unusual... a naked E-114, 2010 version, in a strange posture.

Here's another one, more classical:

These pictures are copyrighted (actually I'm the one who added the mention on the pictures, so it's my fault if it's not looking good). These pictures were taken by Samuel LaFontaine, a photographer from Montreal who is really creative (well, it's my humble opinion). His "portefolio" is impressive... He also does really amazing action shots.

| http://www.facebook.com/argon18bike | Twitter: http://twitter.com/Argon18bike | http://www.youtube.com/argon18bikes | http://www.flickr.com/photos/argon18bike/
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Argon 18 E-114/112! [Bruno@argon18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh too sexy.. One comment about the new color scheme, to me it looks too much like the 112, thought it should of been something completely different. Maybe it's just me. Still one sexy bike.

-----------------------------------------
Donate now to the war on ALS
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Argon 18 E-114/112! [Punch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Pointing your saddle down doesn't bother you? I tried that and it was uncomfortable as hell. I pulled the manual and the manufacturer suggested the saddle being tilted back.

I have some unique soft tissue problem, setting the saddle at the normal angle recommended by Selle SMP doesn't work for me for long rides..... After some trial and error, I find this angle most comfortable. Incidentally, the SMP is the only saddle that I can be comfortable on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is mine.

http://i48.tinypic.com/debojp.jpg

Sorry I couldn't get the pic to upload.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Argon 18 E-114/112! [embernard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice bike. What bottle and cage are those and what size is your frame. I have a Bontrager Speed Bottle and cage on my E112 and am having a hell of a time pulling the bottle out of the cage when bottle is full and closed. How easy is that bottle to pull out and drink out of.
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice bike, but how do you convert a bike to Oly distance? Should it be more about converting the rider?

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Argon 18 E-114/112! [atasic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized Virtue Aero Bottle and cage, easy in and out I had an Arundel before this and it was hell getting it out, love this one. Frame is a Medium switched over from Transition and I love it, great bike!
Quote Reply

Prev Next