Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shoulder Rehab
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any stories to share about using a machine like this, during shoulder rehab?

Quote Reply
Re: Shoulder Rehab [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used something similar for 10 minute warm-up before therapy but most of my PT was thera-bands, small dumbbells and range of motion exercises.
Quote Reply
Re: Shoulder Rehab [jimmytheeagle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I have a full ROM. I'm still experiencing pain on the recovery, while trying to swim (1st day back in the water was yesterday).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spent the first ten, fifteen minutes of every PT session on one, as I stared out the window at the parking lot of a Dunkin Donuts.

Shoulder responded well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, but I'm also using 2 lb. weights, no weight arm lifts and bands (walking across the wall). I have no pain swimming, but PT told me to hold off for awhile to avoid the delt-induced shoulder shrug and instead strengthen the back/scapula. So far ignoring that advice :)

2017 races: St. George 70.3 May 6 | Madison 70.3 June 11 | IM Zurich July 30 | Chicago Marathon October 8
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This looks like a UBE I regularly would torture patients into boredom. It's a great machine though and very useful.

What are you rehabing from?
Quote Reply
Re: Shoulder Rehab [Calvinbal6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If by UBE you mean....Upper Body Ergometer, that's what it is (I just learned).

12/14/16 torn labrum, 30% tear of supra spinatus, debrided collar bone and type II bone spur

I tried swimming on Wednesday. The recovery is surprisingly still very tender. I can breast stroke and do switches (with fins). I also bought a pulley system and I'm doing about 50 reps/day with that, now (along with stretches and "can" exercises with 2# weights). My PT was OK, but little to no strength was built in.

Thanks for looking.
Quote Reply