Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Should I switch from Speedplay X2 to Time pedals?
Quote | Reply
I am thinking that the plastic time cleats will be easier to run in than the Speedplay X2's, however Speedplay has the new rubber cleat coming out. Anyone out there using times?
Quote Reply
Re: Should I switch from Speedplay X2 to Time pedals? [raceboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why isn't your primary consideration how the pedals will function when they are being used for their primary purpose - ie pedaling?
Quote Reply
Re: Should I switch from Speedplay X2 to Time pedals? [Bdaghisallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bdaghisallo wrote:
Why isn't your primary consideration how the pedals will function when they are being used for their primary purpose - ie pedaling?

Indeed. Especially if you want to transition really fast you shouldn't be running in your shoes...they should be already attached to your pedals and ready for your flying mount at the mount line if shaving seconds is the only way left to improve your times!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After more than 10 years on Speedplay X2s, I made this switch last year. I finally had enough muscle around my left knee that I no longer needed that much float. I really like the Times, but the cleats wear pretty fast. The 2 Q-factor positions provide some adjustability. Can't really tell you why I like Times better, it's just a feel thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Should I switch from Speedplay X2 to Time pedals? [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I will stick with speedplays
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been on Time for over 20 years. Speedplay for one...yeah...I will stick to Time.
Quote Reply