Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shortage of Volunteers Coming for WTC?
Quote | Reply
When the registration went live for IMCHOO it didn't sell out immediately. The same thing happened for IMLP, IMLOU, IMWI and IM Maryland didn't sell out ever. I wonder if this will have a noticeable impact on volunteers going forward? The trend in the past has been to volunteer so you can register onsite, this doesn't seem to be an issue any more.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Shortage of Volunteers Coming for WTC? [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When IM Choo sold out last year, they had only 2,000 slots available. They added more after the registration fiasco. If they open up registration with 3,000 slots this year and we are now at 2,700 then numbers can be deceiving. With more racers come more support crew and volunteers.

I think that they announced something like 3,400 volunteers at IM Choo this year. I suspect the vast majority came for the community and not athletes coming just for slots. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't think the impact on non-sellout races will be that much. I mean, Louisville seems to do fine every year with volunteers.

Quote | Reply
I don't see the correlation. I've volunteered a IMLP the past 3 years and have had no intention of registering. I'll gladly do it again.
Quote Reply