Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Short crank options for BBright?
Quote | Reply
Hello!
I have a Cervelo NP3 and use a Fsa Gossamer power2max 165mm crank with a 24mm axle and adapters since the bottom bracket is BBright. Looking for shorter 150 or 155mm cranks, what options do I have? Cobb and Rotor makes shorter ones but they are quite expensive. Is it possible to use bmx-cranks with BBright with some adapters?
Quote Reply
Re: Short crank options for BBright? [pad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pad wrote:
Hello!
I have a Cervelo NP3 and use a Fsa Gossamer power2max 165mm crank with a 24mm axle and adapters since the bottom bracket is BBright. Looking for shorter 150 or 155mm cranks, what options do I have? Cobb and Rotor makes shorter ones but they are quite expensive. Is it possible to use bmx-cranks with BBright with some adapters?

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...k_Database_2862.html

The short answer appears to be no. I'm pretty sure the crankarms and spiders are not separable on BMX cranks, so you couldn't mount to the P2M unit anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is tough. But it's tougher when you're stupid. -John Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: Short crank options for BBright? [karlaj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I dont expect to be able to keep the Power2max device. Just looking for a somewhat cheap crank to test out shorter cranks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought two cranks that a guy in Minneapolis cut/machined down to 150s and 145s. First one I bought from him, second set I bought gently use crank and brought it to him and he cut it down. I found this the cheapest option available. Not sure if he is still doing it but not expensive.
Quote Reply
Re: Short crank options for BBright? [KathyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reviving this thread, as I'm looking at the same thing. Kathy, what is the brand/model of the cranks you bought? THanks.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go with a GXP crank and a Rotor 4624 Bbright to GXP adapter

That way you can actually use the crank on other bikes...
Quote Reply
Re: Short crank options for BBright? [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
Go with a GXP crank and a Rotor 4624 Bbright to GXP adapter

That way you can actually use the crank on other bikes...

I just bought a P2 and this is what I am doing.
Quote Reply