Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shoe condoms (velotoze)
Quote | Reply
So I came across these the other day: http://www.velotoze.com/ . Looks like they are pretty much latex shoe covers (shoe condoms). The basics are cool, they are minimalist, cheap and should be pretty waterproof. They also claim to be aero which made me curious... what I've learned from others about shoe covers is that they are a big maybe in terms of aerodynamics. Need to have the right pair for the right angle of foot, seams need to sit right, need to be super flush without seams and such. In short: more hassle than worth. I wonder though... might latex shoe condoms be the aero shoe cover dream? No seams, fit snug everytime.

---------------------
Jordan Oroshiba --- Roadie invading Triathlete space for knowledge access
Quote Reply
Re: Shoe condoms (velotoze) [joroshiba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They probably need some texture to see any non-insignificant aero gains but still better than an ill fitting cover.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
joroshiba wrote:
So I came across these the other day: http://www.velotoze.com/ . Looks like they are pretty much latex shoe covers (shoe condoms). The basics are cool, they are minimalist, cheap and should be pretty waterproof. They also claim to be aero which made me curious... what I've learned from others about shoe covers is that they are a big maybe in terms of aerodynamics. Need to have the right pair for the right angle of foot, seams need to sit right, need to be super flush without seams and such. In short: more hassle than worth. I wonder though... might latex shoe condoms be the aero shoe cover dream? No seams, fit snug everytime.

Kienle wore a pair of shoe covers at Frankfurt and they have now been released by Orca. TJ also wore shoe covers at IMMT, and I believe also at Hawaii.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked up a pair of these last week and tried them once, on a cold Louisiana ride ~ 45 deg, they worked great for keeping my feet warm. I would say dry but they did such a great job of keeping them warm they started sweating.

As far as aero, they are snug fitting and probably would offer some benefit (strictly opinion).

I had the same intentions when I first came across them but after using them I quickly realized that the aero benefit would be negated by the water weight from the sweat in my shoes.

All seriousness though. They seem to do the job but if you should have to walk in them for any reason be careful because it's just rubber and mine did start to tear around the heel.

Hope it helps. I couldn't find any other reviews on them before purchase.
Quote Reply
Re: Shoe condoms (velotoze) [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
joroshiba wrote:

Kienle wore a pair of shoe covers at Frankfurt and they have now been released by Orca. TJ also wore shoe covers at IMMT, and I believe also at Hawaii.

I'm not saying they can't be advantageous, but I know a number of people who have spent significant time in the wind tunnel have said that getting the right shoe covers is hugely important because 95% of them will slow you down.

---------------------
Jordan Oroshiba --- Roadie invading Triathlete space for knowledge access
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
joroshiba wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
joroshiba wrote:

I'm not saying they can't be advantageous, but I know a number of people who have spent significant time in the wind tunnel have said that getting the right shoe covers is hugely important because 95% of them will slow you down.

Yep that was always my understanding as well. I know TJs were some that were custom made by his team at Ruster who are pretty good at sewing things for the Hen House.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply