Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shiv Comp Build
Quote | Reply
Came across a good deal on a Shiv Comp frame over the weekend, but need some advice on the build. I know that I will need a BB30 crankset, are there any other things to consider? I am leaning toward's Sram Force, can I go with the newer 22 Force or should I only be running a 10 speed cassette? Outside of a drivetrain the bike is pretty complete, had actually been build up in the store then some components removed for another bike they were selling. So it has fork, headset, Specialized base and aero bars, and brake calipers. Cable housings have also already been routed. Any real differences between running Force vs Rival?
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv Comp Build [mjmchase] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Force is sweet, but some will say there isn't much difference between the two. If it were me, I'd go force. You can do 11 spd as long as your wheels have an 11 spd hub.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have the other items (race wheels/tires, aero helmet, etc.) and still have some $$$, go for Force....it won't make you faster though.

The one compelling reason to do it is so you can run 11-spd from day1 and not have an upgrade issue later.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like the other poster said, force is solid. I've built a few bikes with force and a few with rival. The force feels slightly smoother and a tiny bit more crisp but barely noticable. If you want to go 11 speed, you can't beat the price of force.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv Comp Build [andy515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to thank you guys for your insight. Bike is being build up right now with a SRAM Red Quarq crank along with Force 22 FD and RD, SRAM brake and shift levers, and Shimano Ultegra pedals. Used the last couple of months to acquire everything, using Xmas gift cards and Amazon credits. Looking forward to seeing it all put together, and handing my Planet X Stealth down to my son.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mjmchase wrote:
...and handing my Planet X Stealth down to my son.

What a Dad!
Adopt me?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use them both and can't tell a difference. I think the Force is a better bang for your buck though.
Quote Reply