Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Shimano R9100 Dura Ace release day is today!
Quote | Reply
http://www.duraace.com

power meter: http://www.duraace.com/global/en/power-meter

TT/Tri Shifting: http://www.duraace.com/...fting-for-TT-and-Tri

Di2: http://www.duraace.com/global/en#lever-di2

more links to come soon

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Jun 29, 16 8:18
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano R9100 Dura Ace release day is today! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That aerobar extension shifter has an interesting shape and looks like it would be lighter than the 9070. From what I'm reading here, there's not FD control on the extensions, is that correct?

Toro Performance
Last edited by: jlentzke: Jun 29, 16 8:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano R9100 Dura Ace release day is today! [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The death of SRM has already been assured.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shortest crank length is still going to be 165mm. Bummer. Was really hoping for shorter options.

Per Shimano:

Dura-Ace Crankset:
- Crank arm lengths: 165, 167.5, 170, 172.5, 175, 177.5, 180mm

Dura-Ace Power Meter Crankset:
- Crank arm lengths:
- 170, 172.5, 175mm (w/chainrings)
- 165, 167.5, 170, 172.5, 175, 177.5, 180mm (w/o chainrings)

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks interesting.

But, "electronical" ?!

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano R9100 Dura Ace release day is today! [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
Shortest crank length is still going to be 165mm. Bummer. Was really hoping for shorter options.

Per Shimano:

Dura-Ace Crankset:
- Crank arm lengths: 165, 167.5, 170, 172.5, 175, 177.5, 180mm

Dura-Ace Power Meter Crankset:
- Crank arm lengths:
- 170, 172.5, 175mm (w/chainrings)
- 165, 167.5, 170, 172.5, 175, 177.5, 180mm (w/o chainrings)

Also a little disappointed. At least wanted to see a 160 option. Would like to see them ditch the .5 sizes if it is a skew issue. Take out 167.5 and 177.5 and add 160mm and 155mm.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a review/release on bike review. For the life of me I can't figure out if it is semi wireless or not. It seems like it might be, but the wording is super vague. It might only be referring to the connectivity to the app?

Edit:

Oh nevermind found a better write up here:

http://cyclingtips.com/news/shimano-dura-ace-di2-9150-groupset-specs-weight-price/

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Last edited by: Ex-cyclist: Jun 29, 16 9:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't there a bike forum you guys could discuss this on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Syncro shifting is the most expensive, complex, and poorly designed attempt at 1x ever concocted.

With a 53/39 11-28 setup (11-speed), you get 14 distinct gears. With 10 speed it was only 13.

I would MUCH rather have a 1x12 setup than syncro shifting.

The other thing that kills me is the battery and junction boxes. I have Ultegra Di2 on my road bike and it's crazy that I need 4 wires and 2 junction boxes, and a heavy-ass battery (that admittedly lasts forever) to control 1 derailleur.

What this launch really convinces me of is how much I want eTap - 1x11 of course.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has some good stuff and some lack of additions that will make Sram very happy. No wireless shifting with no real groupsets on the market till next spring will keep Sram very happy for the next few years. As a current DI2 user i am very interested in a more positive click feel, don't really care about syncro shifting but to try it out i need the new battery and A junction. In a year when it comes time to replace current parts i am not sure if i will stay with DI2 or go to Sram wireless. If the price can stay reasonable then DI2 remains the clear winner, but i am guessing they keep the prices high. I wonder if they bring this new technology to ultegra?

The TT setup looks nice and makes things easier. I am still not sure their new PM will be a heavy hitter as i am sure it will be priced at a premium level (minimum 1500). I would bet SRM does another price reduction this fall to get their current DA offering in line with Shimano. It does look very clean but with no testing who knows how it will perform.

I like the reduced lever throw for mechanical, if it is dramatic enough it might be enough to get me off Sram mechanical for my training bike. I don't particularly enjoy training on Double tap and road racing on DI2 as the memory system is completely different, but i have stayed with doubletap mechanical due to the overly long level throw on current shimano shifters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know, this looks to be a big swing and miss. I'm guessing everyone at SRAM has a smile on their faces today.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DC Rainmaker has a blog post today with more in-depth first look at it: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...ace-power-meter.html
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano R9100 Dura Ace release day is today! [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The TT setup looks nice and makes things easier.

I view the new TT setup completely differently, and this has basically nixed any thoughts I had about switching from my current Campag EPS setup to Di2. The last thing I want in a race when I want to power up a short climb in my big ring but my drivetrain decides to shift the FD for me (as I no longer have control) and then have to shift again on the flat or downhill. Both opportunities for missed shifts and time losses.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano R9100 Dura Ace release day is today! [geauxTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You aren't being forced to use synchro shift you know. The functions of the shifters are completely configurable.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano R9100 Dura Ace release day is today! [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So in other words the new version of the d-fly unit allows wireless updating of firmware and programming shift settings via Bluetooth instead of via computer. Really underwhelming.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano R9100 Dura Ace release day is today! [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From http://cyclingtips.com/...-specs-weight-price/

"By making smart use of its new Synchro Shift technology (or, more accurately, forcing its use), Shimano has been able to greatly simplify its shifting setup. Riders choosing to use this new generation of Di2 will have to give up manual control of front shifting, but in exchange will gain lower weights, simpler operation and improved aerodynamics."
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano R9100 Dura Ace release day is today! [geauxTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
geauxTT wrote:

"By making smart use of its new Synchro Shift technology (or, more accurately, forcing its use), Shimano has been able to greatly simplify its shifting setup. Riders choosing to use this new generation of Di2 will have to give up manual control of front shifting, but in exchange will gain lower weights, simpler operation and improved aerodynamics."

They contradict themselves in the article then:

"Shimano is so confident in its Synchro Shift technology that it’s likely to be pre-programmed on most new bikes. And of course, it can be customized or just turned off through the free app."
My strong strong belief is that they will allow you to disable or program the functionality for manual shifting. But unclear to me from this article.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of MTB tech making its way over the road in this group: Shadow Plus, flat mount, two piece rotors, synch shifting etc. Also, to me it's shocking that Shimano has taken this long to offer an integrated power option. If it works well, this is likely a category killer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This may be possible for the road groups where the road shifters still have two buttons. The new TT shifters are single buttons for the bar ends and on the brake levers.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano R9100 Dura Ace release day is today! [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hiro11 wrote:
Also, to me it's shocking that Shimano has taken this long to offer an integrated power option. If it works well, this is likely a category killer.

How is the power meter any more integrated than a Quarq? They both work by ANT+ and both require a third party head unit to work
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
geauxTT wrote:

They contradict themselves in the article then:

"Shimano is so confident in its Synchro Shift technology that it’s likely to be pre-programmed on most new bikes. And of course, it can be customized or just turned off through the free app."
My strong strong belief is that they will allow you to disable or program the functionality for manual shifting. But unclear to me from this article.

Syncro shift will be optional and completely configurable by the user.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano R9100 Dura Ace release day is today! [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
I don't know, this looks to be a big swing and miss. I'm guessing everyone at SRAM has a smile on their faces today.

Shimano is almost never about the "big swing". Not in their groupsets, anyway. They're more about the incremental, tested-and-refined-to-death changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
hiro11 wrote:
Also, to me it's shocking that Shimano has taken this long to offer an integrated power option. If it works well, this is likely a category killer.

How is the power meter any more integrated than a Quarq? They both work by ANT+ and both require a third party head unit to work

Integrated with their groupset.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano R9100 Dura Ace release day is today! [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still don't get it. Integrated with their crank? Quarq Elsa RS integrates with Shimano rings just fine. Bundled with their groupset? Not really a game changer or a death knell for other power meters makers.

Anyways, my guess is, like every other first gen power meter manufacturer, the first gen product will be delayed for quarter after quarter and it will have accuracy and stability issues from the beginning. Even Shimano isn't immune to gaffes in the first gen - see, o.g. Di2.
Quote Reply

Prev Next