Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shimano 10 Speed Dura Ace Di2 Wiring Harness needed! SM-EW-79a-i
Quote | Reply
So my 10 speed DuraAce Di2 wiring harness just went bad last week right before a race. Apparently Shimano doesn't make any replacement parts for the 10 speed Di2 and these are super hard to find. Anyone know where I might be able to locate one? Shimano part number is SM-EW-79a-i

Thanks so much!!

Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano 10 Speed Dura Ace Di2 Wiring Harness needed! SM-EW-79a-i [echebi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crickets!! Anyone...anyone? Bueller??
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano 10 Speed Dura Ace Di2 Wiring Harness needed! SM-EW-79a-i [echebi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano 10 Speed Dura Ace Di2 Wiring Harness needed! SM-EW-79a-i [goodboyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks...that's not the correct part though. Lots of different part numbers that look alike. The SM-EW-79A-I is tri specific.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echebi wrote:
Thanks...that's not the correct part though. Lots of different part numbers that look alike. The SM-EW-79A-I is tri specific.

Whoops...sorry. Best to get your soldering iron out, then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I kn ow its not teh same but maybe?
I have NIB SM-EW79A-E
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano 10 Speed Dura Ace Di2 Wiring Harness needed! SM-EW-79a-i [beaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate it. The 79A-E is the road version and the 79A-I is the tri version. Won't work. thanks for trying!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you found a wire set? I have one brand new in the box here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echebi wrote:
So my 10 speed DuraAce Di2 wiring harness just went bad last week right before a race. Apparently Shimano doesn't make any replacement parts for the 10 speed Di2 and these are super hard to find. Anyone know where I might be able to locate one? Shimano part number is SM-EW-79a-i

Thanks so much!!

Eric
i sold mine a few years ago. keep in mind there is an SM-EW79A-I and an SM-EW79A-I-2. the latter had longer wires. the packaging might be the same (can't remember). shimano made a change as it was hard to successfully route some bars where the wires were 100% internal (i.e. up the spacer stack).
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano 10 Speed Dura Ace Di2 Wiring Harness needed! SM-EW-79a-i [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. I knew there was a difference between the A-E and the A-I (road vs. TT), but didn't know there was a longer version too. I have the Shiv and everything is internally routed.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano 10 Speed Dura Ace Di2 Wiring Harness needed! SM-EW-79a-i [trimagic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't found the wire yet. Do you have a picture of the box your harness is in? I'll send it over to my bike shop and ask them if it will work. How much are you looking to get for the wire?

Thanks so much!!

Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sure this is what you are looking for, the SM-EW79A-I with the 4 plugs for the shifters but I don't seem to be able to attach my actual pictures to this message. I am asking for 300 USD shipping included w/tracking number for the USA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, Don't know if you have got your harness yet, but I am selling one here
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Shimano-Dura-Ace-Di2-A-Junction-Wire-Kit-SM-EW79A-I-Time-Trial-/252161695315?hash=item3ab6021e53:g:9OkAAOSwYHxWIjwA
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano 10 Speed Dura Ace Di2 Wiring Harness needed! SM-EW-79a-i [trimagic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimagic wrote:
I am sure this is what you are looking for, the SM-EW79A-I with the 4 plugs for the shifters but I don't seem to be able to attach my actual pictures to this message. I am asking for 300 USD shipping included w/tracking number for the USA
$300 for a junction box? what a snake

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano 10 Speed Dura Ace Di2 Wiring Harness needed! SM-EW-79a-i [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Try finding that junction box brand new in box as the one I had for sale
2. I sold the two I had for 300 USD+shipping to some very happy people

Now go swim/bike /run and stop ranting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trimagic wrote:
1. Try finding that junction box brand new in box as the one I had for sale
2. I sold the two I had for 300 USD+shipping to some very happy people

Now go swim/bike /run and stop ranting

It's all about supply and demand, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano 10 Speed Dura Ace Di2 Wiring Harness needed! SM-EW-79a-i [pritchet74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also looking for this specific part and struggling to find it. I've spoken with the bike shop that would be doing the install and they said SM-EW-79a-i-2 would also work (though it's a longer wire).

I've checked eBay, but nothing currently available.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!
Quote Reply