Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Shades for TT
Quote | Reply
New to the slow twitch community. Im avid cyclist who will be building TT bike from used parts for the fun of it. However I wanted to get feedback for shades that work best for the aero position. I have Okley m frames but seem to short and need to strain neck to look up when in tucked position on current road rig.

Under eating is just as good for you as over training.
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [tpmcman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a huge fan of Smith Pivlocks, super comfy (though that may just be my head), and great visibility all around.

My new favorite are Jackson Nemesis safety glasses. You can get an indoor/ outdoor lens that adapts to changing conditions. There is no frame on top to look over. All for about $5 (plus shipping) from Amazon.
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [rpeterson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+ V90 Max is awesome. Only sunglasses that have every not hurt after a couple hours and I can run with. Normally either too loose or painfully tight. Perfect balance with the Smiths.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. Smith Pivloc
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [bobby11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bobby11 wrote:
Yep. Smith Pivloc

X2
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [lutzman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spy daft

http://www.spyoptic.com/store/sunglasses/performance/daft-1.html?color=632993

tweets. pics.
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [jedtris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn….need to get me some contacts….

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My vote's for the Rudy Project Hypermask Performance.

Send a PM for a discount code.

#cureMS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow some really great suggestions thanks all!

Under eating is just as good for you as over training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep an eye on Chainlove.com I noticed they were blowing out the Pivlock and a few other similar pairs for pretty cheap today.

I just picked up a pair of the Pivlock V90s a week ago from Chainlove. best glasses I've had for riding. And work great for running too. I prefer something smaller for running, but in a race I won't take the time to change sunnies.
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [dseiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This one def looks really nice!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Scorpion SM safety (clear) glasses that I like very much. I have a small face and these fit really, really well. At $6 they are amazingly comfortable. They make a few options for tints, but I have a pair of normal sunglasses I like when the sun is out.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SpicedRum wrote:
I just picked up a pair of the Pivlock V90s a week ago from Chainlove. best glasses I've had for riding. And work great for running too. I prefer something smaller for running, but in a race I won't take the time to change sunnies.

I saw that, too. I then checked Amazon and found them even cheaper than S&C.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Maui_ [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

These are the glasses you need!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like my Oakley Radar XLs. They're a bit more expensive and can be hard to find, but I really enjoy the look and feel of them

Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [DrTriKat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrTriKat wrote:
damn….need to get me some contacts….

Smith Pivlocks work with an optical insert. The insert's frame is clear, so it doesn't disturb - and unlike Rudy's, this one is nearly as wide and tall as the frame itself, so sharp vision across the board. I don't react well to contacts, and found bliss with Smith V90s.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JTolandTRI wrote:
+ V90 Max is awesome. Only sunglasses that have every not hurt after a couple hours and I can run with. Normally either too loose or painfully tight. Perfect balance with the Smiths.

I like the V2 Max.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [jedtris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on the SPY Daft!
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the tip, I might try that!

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had great experience with cheap cycling glasses from Performance. Expensive glasses never seemed to work better for me. Oakleys in particular were a disappointment, they'd get scratched if I even looked at them wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tifosi Seek if your a cheapskate like me. I end up dropping sunglasses no matter how hard I try to keep them nice. So I refuse to spend $200 on a pair. I have had the Seek's for a year now and like them a lot. Great for aero riding as they do not have much of an upper frame (or lower one at all)... They are also only $50. They don't cover as much as the Smith's but at 1/3 the cost I was willing to accept that drawback. I find they cover my eyes/face pretty damn well. Just my $.02

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Oakley Half Jackets 2.0 Polarized in my Rx. They are great for the bike and the run. Haven't let me down yet.
Quote Reply

Prev Next