Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Selle SMP customer service experience
Quote | Reply
I have ridden on selle smp strike saddles for a long time on both of my bikes and LOVE them, no issues whatsoever.
After my recent customer experience I may have to look into other brands, there is severe discoloration on one of the seats (while the other one is fine),
I strongly believe this to be a defect in manufacturing (even though the warranty has expired). Yes, I would like selle SMP replace the seat because the colors
came off. This is a rather expensive seat and I do not expect this to happen, ever.
Selle refused to help (fully within their rights as the warranty period has indeed expired) but given the fact that manufacturing issues can appear long after
I still think this should be remedied by the manufacturer (similar to using a bad primer in car paint which doesn't manifest till years later).
Quote Reply
Re: Selle SMP customer service experience [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surely after time it is expected that wear occur, and that a colour fading is due to such wear.
If you are talking about the top of the range £500 carbon colour saddle, then I am afraid that even Pagani Zondas have problems with carbon colours fading/clouding (due to UV exposure?).

If the dye had run in the rain then I would certainly agree with you, but as it stands I would request that you post pictures of the extend of the fade/defect.

Edited to say that I don't mean to be too harsh.
Last edited by: HowMuchLonger: Apr 24, 14 12:30
Quote Reply