Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

See Tom run
Quote | Reply
I was looking at results from IMNZ and found this, I couldn't watch it so not sure if it works (need Broadband) but it should be Tom D's finish.

http://boss.streamos.com/...;endtime=01:00:00.00

Jim

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: See Tom run [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not kidding, when I click on this link it just plays the song "American Bad Ass" by Kid Rock. Is this a joke?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: See Tom run [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, no joke I just listened to your finish including the announcer first saying you were from Miami then correcting himself. the video doesn't run on dialup but I get the audio just fine. There is music in the background for the first minute or so then a couple of others are announced finishing then you.

Jim

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! Cool! I went over to Explorer and opened the link and it played. Awesome! Thank you very much. That was really very nice of you. I appreciate it.

Very fun. The next time I finish Ironman I think I better grab somebody's kids to run across the finish line with though. You think they'd let me bring my cats?

When I opened the link in Netscape it just tried to open my MusicMatch player for my mp3s and then played the last song I must have downloaded. Funny.

Thank you very much. Big fun. Boy, the camera does add 10 pounds, good thing I lost 12 in the race!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could see your finish and the big hug you gave the catcher.
Quote Reply
Re: See Tom run [Pam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That hug was the "Please hold me up I'm going to keel over point me to the medical tent I'm here all alone....." hug.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad I could make your day, I will have to go to the library so I can watch the finish. Bummer for me I can get the audio at my house and the video at the library, but the library won't let me turn on the sound. Maybe I'll skip the new wetsuit for broadband........naw I hate being cold.

Jim

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks again Jim, that was really nice of you. I sincerely appreciate it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the guys was just saying, "You have a video of yourself on the Internet. Now you are just like Paris Hilton."

I told him, "Well, not just like Paris Hilton. You can see mine free."

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Question for someone who knows more about this stuff than me. Whenever I try to open a link like this (I think it's a .asf file?) it takes me to Windows Media Player and a message appears straight away saying:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play."

This is the only time I ever have trouble opening up video links. I'm running Windows XP.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: See Tom run [camel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Change the .asf to .asx and try to open it.
Quote Reply
Re: See Tom run [camel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't help, but I have my own problem. Whenever I click a link like this, it takes me to Windows Media Player also, but my message that appears straight away says:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the server is not responding. If you entered a URL or path to play the file, verify that it is correct. If you clicked a link to play the file, the link may not be valid."

I'm on XP also.

Anyone? (hopefully Hid hits the forum on weekends too).
Quote Reply
Re: See Tom run [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What version of WMP are you on? Update to Version 9 (or whichever is the latest) and try to open it.

Redownload the file and try to open it.

Try to change it to .asx like I've said before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like freestyle is saying, it's most likely the version of Windows Media Player that you have installed. It's a good idea to update your system at least once a month (to avoid windows system exploits). From Internet Explorer goto Tools > Windows Update, from the web page select "Scan for updates" and let that run. There is three types of updates that it will scan for, "Critical Updates and Service Packs" these are the ones that prevent the exploits. The next type is "Windows XP (or version type of windows that you use)" this is where things like the latest Windows Media Player would be found. And the third is "Drive Updates" which lists drivers of components within your system that manufacturers have submitted as NEW. I don't bother with drivers unless I'm having problems with something.

Someone remind me Monday and I'll rip the section of the video where Tom crosses and put it up in various formats.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: See Tom run [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, if everyone is going to that much trouble to see the darn thing then I will give the first person who knows why I held up seven fingers at the finish line some fun stuff:

-A Bikesport running hat (very cool).
-A ton of E-Gel samples.
-Whatever other cool free stuff we have laying around (and I'll make sure it really is cool and not lame).

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your 7th ironman

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was your 7th Ironman. Will you autograph the hat?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, good guess, but it was only my fourth- although I do thing it was my 252nd triathlon, although I've lost count.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, 7th continent to compete on.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You bastard I was just going to repost! I hate you dog and your favorite pint glass.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: See Tom run [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't believe my memory failed me! :\

I guess it's still early in the morning.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, all seven continents. You win Hid, fair and square.

Private message me your shipping address and I'll square you away.

Now, as for Tibbs, seeing as he was technologically handicapped momentarily- and becasue he is a badass and it is in my best interst to keep him happy- he gets the consolation prize. So Mr. Tibbs, if you would be so kind, private message me your address and I will send you something of mind-boggling significance.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool! If the hat fits well and my achilles heals, I'll wear it at Ralphs :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I give. I downloaded 5 critical patches (thanks for reminding me to do that Hid), a bunch of other crap and re-downloaded media player version 9. Still get the same error. I can usually right click, save as and then play from my c:drive after files are downloaded, but if I just click on the link, I get the error.

Never mind the computer stuff. It's nice here today, so I'm hitting the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those of you that can not get the link to work try playing it form the site. Goto Ironmanlive.com, click on the live race result banner in the center of the page, then click on the athlete finder on the toolbar, enter 322 for a bib number. This will give you Tom's splits and time for the race and also allow you to play the video. (hopefully)

Good Luck Jim

Jim

Quote Reply