Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Secure storage at IM Switzerland
Quote | Reply
Hi all

Hoping for some creative idea's. Next year my wife and I are planning on doing IM Switzerland. As accommodation is expensive, we are planning on camping and have found a site near to the race. Not sure how Im going to secure the bikes before and after the race...any idea's?? The only one I have so far is to hire a car and use it to lock up the bikes. Ive googled secure storage and asked the campsite - nothing ....thoughts??

Dave
Last edited by: davesberry: Nov 20, 14 10:53
Quote Reply
Re: Secure storage at IM Switzerland [davesberry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davesberry wrote:
Hi all

Hoping for some creative idea's. Next year my wife and I are planning on doing IM Switzerland. As accommodation is expensive, we are planning on camping and have found a site near to the race. Not sure how Im going to secure the bikes before and after the race...any idea's?? The only one I have so far is to hire a car and use it to lock up the bikes. Ive googled secure storage and asked the campsite - nothing ....thoughts??

Dave

The train station isn't that far from the race site. Do they have anything? Also, you might be able to find friends or locals to keep your bike at their hotel/home. If memory serves, there's also a university right by the swim/trans/finish. Bet there's something there too. Good luck. It's a great race

Badig| Strava

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you flying in? There is storage at the airport that's not expensive. That's where I left my bike when I was there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dave,

I live by Heartbreak Hill on the bike course and could offer you storage for the bikes. Not sure if it is totally convenient for you as it is still a 5 minute ride from the start and you might want to do some pre-race rides.

In any case, depending on the length of your stay you can store it at my place post-race for a few days.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Secure storage at IM Switzerland [Financier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone for the idea's and to Financier for the kind offer of storage. We have now worked out a plan and have registered !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...sorry, should have be clear in my earlier post. Financier, many thanks for the offer, we now have a hotel so won't need to take you up on your offer. That said, its generous people like you who make this sport and these events such a great experience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Switzerland has a lot of safe in their banks :)

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply