Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sea Isle City, NJ
Quote | Reply
Will be there for the weekend (wife racing IMAC 70.3). Anyone know of group rides in the area on Saturdays?
Quote Reply
Re: Sea Isle City, NJ [cpotter88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure about group rides there. How far are you looking to ride? I typically head south on Ocean Drive, which is Landis Ave in SIC. Depending on how far you want to go you can head all the way to Cape May. Once you are over the Townsend Inlet bridge and into Avalon the shoulders are nice and wide. Typically I'll cut up after the bridge on 8th street to Dune dr. That stretch into stone harbor and into wildwood is a nice ride.

You could go out onto the mainland for more of an uninterrupted ride but it's not as scenic if you are not from the area. I normally don't ride out there so can't accurately describe a route. I know it but couldn't confidently tell you a route.

FYI - tell your wife to get to Bader field a little earlier then she would normally. Traffic gets backed up getting in and can add some stress if you are cutting it close.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.tuckahoebikeshop.com/...group-rides-pg37.htm

EDIT - if you choose to plan your own route that heads off the island, be aware that right now bikes are not allowed on Sea Isle Boulevard (the causeway and bridge between the island and the mainland) because of construction.
Last edited by: WelshinPhilly: Sep 11, 17 7:14
Quote Reply
Re: Sea Isle City, NJ [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
40-50 miles would be good.....

something like this work?
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/25163704

thx for the heads up for race morning. I'll make sure to get her there bright and early!
Quote Reply
Re: Sea Isle City, NJ [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thx, will check with that group to see what's up for Saturday....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cpotter88 wrote:
40-50 miles would be good.....

something like this work?
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/25163704

thx for the heads up for race morning. I'll make sure to get her there bright and early!

The bonus feature of that route is that right around mile 19, you can take your bike off a sweet jump.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...af-f4276b6791c7.html
Quote Reply
Re: Sea Isle City, NJ [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! Looks like he made it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, that's pretty much it. Traffic should be fairly light with summer season over and families getting back into school routine. One of my favorite times of year down there.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Sea Isle City, NJ [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just an FYI you can't ride out of Sea Isle Blvd nor should you. No shoulder and its actually the law.

The best route in the area is to ride out route 50 just north of Sea Isle, once you get through Tuckahoe you can ride about 18 miles each way on wide shoulders with no cross streets or traffic lights!

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Sea Isle City, NJ [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:

The best route in the area is to ride out route 50 just north of Sea Isle, once you get through Tuckahoe you can ride about 18 miles each way on wide shoulders with no cross streets or traffic lights!

That's a good ride out there. I'll go out 34th ST in OC and head that way sometimes. If I was visiting for first time or don't get down there much I'd do the more scenic OD ride I think

Quote Reply