Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Screw broke off in arm from arm rest on aerobar
Quote | Reply
I have the stock aero at for a 2012 p2. The aura 3t bars. Yesterday one of the screws that holds the forearm rest into the bar snapped off and the bottom of it is stuck in the screw hole. Can I just replace the piece that attaches the arm rest to the bar or should I drill it out? Any thoughts are appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: Screw broke off in arm from arm rest on aerobar [TriDadInAvl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will keep breaking, there is a kit you need that replaces the bracket if you do not want to keep replacing the bolt. It cost around $100. I had mine break 4 times in the 7 months owning the P2. Got tired of no one owning up for the flaw
Quote Reply
Re: Screw broke off in arm from arm rest on aerobar [TriDadInAvl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This same thing JUST happened to me Monday. Drilled it out and replaced the other 3 similar bolts for good measure. As always make sure to use a metric hex wrench or you'll strip the threading on the head. Not that I've ever done that, just sayin' .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dang. I thought there were going to be pictures of screws stuck in your arm.

Good luck with whatever your problem is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a look at the aura 'comfort pro', if I'm picturing the bar you have correctly, the comfort pro has an improved bracket design that should solve the problem. The bracket, I think, is available seperately.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply