Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scott Plasma 5 cockpit options
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any experience inverting the base bar on a Scott Plasma and mounting the pads on the other side? This picture is an example of Ali Brownlees bike where he has done it.
Last edited by: noon3225: Dec 31, 17 15:53
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 5 cockpit options [noon3225] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No picture is visible, but yes it's doable.

Ali Brownlee and Jodie Swallow both have done it. It gets your pads right on top of the basebar, but slings the extensions very low. So you'll likely want a higher rise extensions, like Jodie has with her Drag2Zero extensions below

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...t_Plasma_5_4482.html

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 5 cockpit options [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'm looking for more explanation as to how people mount the pads to the base bar once it's been flipped. The bars aren't built for it - they must be adapting it somehow.

Thanks again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure there is someone with actual knowledge, but my best guess:

Use longer bolts to go through the top holes of the arm pad and all the through the base bar. Then, thread those into the extension clamps, which are upside down under the base bar.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 5 cockpit options [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You were right, it was not too difficult. In fact I think Scott left it as an option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, for someone perhaps in your shoes before you figured it out: how DID you do it? Is there a special bracket for this since the bottom of the basebar is not flat?
Last edited by: Eriko: Apr 5, 18 11:05
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 5 cockpit options [Eriko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would be too interested, how it´s done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also following. Just got one and planning on doing it too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping to see if we can get an idea on how is this done......Someone told me Scott has a piece that goes under the base bar to make it flat, and then you can easily attach the aero bars.....The clamp that comes with the bike also has the small "wings" to attach the arm pads, once you flip those to the other side those wings will not look good. I think that there are some clamps out there to make all this work.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 5 cockpit options [anibalplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At some point, Scott changed the clamps for the Plasma, the one you want for this setup is this one: https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/scott-plasma-5-tt-bracket-pair-p289305

Then, I am not 100% sure, but I believe they also changed the handlebars at some point. At least mine is different from others and has the part you mentioned. You can see a pick at the end of this thread: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Scott_Plasma_5_Owners_-_need_your_feedback_pls._P6678260/

However I haven't seen it online anywhere. Perhaps your Scott dealer may be able to help. As I say on the thread, I got my bike from a Team Orica mechanic, so it might be a prototype handlebar.

So with my setup, I would flip the bars and make the clamp screw go through the pad holder with the appropriate spacers to hold the clamps, and I would be done.

You may also want to check this https://dfp2hfrf3mn0u.cloudfront.net/Pla/Plasma5_build-up_Manual_EN_113112_pdf_1.pdf

I found it very useful when building my Plasma. I believe the guy is one of the lead technical guys at Scott. Here you can see his handlebar is slightly different than mine in regards to that particular part.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 5 cockpit options [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good info....thanks

Those pieces that go under the handlebar look like they are hard to find, and no many people know about them.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 5 cockpit options [anibalplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flipping the bars is not possible, due to the geometry of the clap area of the bars.

But I managed to build my own solution to get the extensions under the bar like in the pictures above.

If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.

Cheers :)

Last edited by: Rrrrrr: Feb 3, 21 23:49
Quote Reply