Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Scott Molina needs a bike for Challenge Roth
Quote | Reply
Help! I'm travelling a lot on this trip including doing Challenge Roth so don't want to travel with my bike. I fly in and out of Munich. Need a bike from June 30 - July 9 (race day). Happy to rent. Not picky! I'm 6ft. tall but prefer small bikes (for my size). Any and all leads and help appreciated. Cheers, Skid.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina needs a bike for Challenge Roth [skid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skid wrote:
Help! I'm travelling a lot on this trip including doing Challenge Roth so don't want to travel with my bike. I fly in and out of Munich. Need a bike from June 30 - July 9 (race day). Happy to rent. Not picky! I'm 6ft. tall but prefer small bikes (for my size). Any and all leads and help appreciated. Cheers, Skid.

Sheesh guys.....this request is like Frodo, or Crowie or Alistair Brownlee coming on here and asking for a loaner bike. Can someone in the Munich area help? It's on the 1988 Hawaii Ironman World Champion asking for a bike loaner in case no one noticed!!!!

Rapp, Slowman, would someone sticky this until the community gets Skid a loaner bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina needs a bike for Challenge Roth [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
really the only downside is that a week later, when skid gives it back to you, it'll have 3000 more miles on the odometer and all of them will be uphill.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina needs a bike for Challenge Roth [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
really the only downside is that a week later, when skid gives it back to you, it'll have 3000 more miles on the odometer and all of them will be uphill.

You know, I have a couple of small tri bikes floating around here in Canada that I am almost willing to ship just to see if one of my bike can out split Jurgen Zack!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina needs a bike for Challenge Roth [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

You know, I have a couple of small tri bikes floating around here in Canada that I am almost willing to ship just to see if one of my bike can out split Jurgen Zack!!!!

classic!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

GOLD!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Contact Fritz Buchstaller in Hipoltstien . . . Fritz is the main man there and can certainly help you!! See: http://radsport-buchstaller.de/

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina needs a bike for Challenge Roth [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

GOLD!

I like the term EPIC

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

classic!

I left out that at Roth 1993 Jurgen Zack LAPPED ME ON THE BIKE, after I double flatted and had only 1 spare. Still the entire "getting lapped on the bike" by Zack was humbling. I need Skid to use my bike to extract revenge! But hopefully he can get a bike in Hippolstein because if I lend Skid my bike the carbon on it will be worn out from all the mileage and power.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the boost DP!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zack rode 4:39 in Roth last year. So I'm fairly certain I won't be out-splitting him! Dude can still motor. Damn impressive.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina needs a bike for Challenge Roth [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks David. I just sent Fritz a note through the shop. Cheers, Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skid wrote:
Zack rode 4:39 in Roth last year. So I'm fairly certain I won't be out-splitting him! Dude can still motor. Damn impressive.

Quit sandbagging and get on the Epic camp training plan. That should take care of the 4:38 target!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure you could beat him if you could figure out which mountain to ride up ;-)

Trust you're well...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am pretty sure my mate can loan you a 56 Culprit Bullet. He lives in Germany
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Made it sticky
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina needs a bike for Challenge Roth [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Herbert! I'll let you know asap when I get it sorted out. Cheers, Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina needs a bike for Challenge Roth [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks but 56 is a bit too big for me. I've got short, stumpy legs unfortunately ......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skid wrote:
Thanks but 56 is a bit too big for me. I've got short, stumpy legs unfortunately ......

I wish I had this problem...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skid wrote:
Thanks Herbert! I'll let you know asap when I get it sorted out. Cheers, Scott

"sorted out' as in riding 4:38 and making Jurgen hurt, or "sorted out" as in getting a 52 cm tri bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm all set for Roth now. Thanks Herbert and thank you to everyone on this fabulous slowtwitch network. This really is a fabulous resource. Cheers from NZ, Scott.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I have said many times before, ST is not just a forum for whining and complaining. Yes there are complainers, but many more helpful and interesting folks.

Super glad that worked out for you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still wish there was a like button.

Twitter@Forsey37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And the winner is Canyon?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Molina needs a bike for Challenge Roth [Chuckie M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know! Someone with a lot of TT bikes is finding one for me. I'm not picky. I ride a 12-year old Trek TT bike at home. Cheers, Scott
Quote Reply

Prev Next