Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scoshe and Ironman
Quote | Reply
Got my Scoshe a few weeks ago. It's working, flawlessly. Charge ran out on my run this morning, though, and it made me wonder what you all are doing who are racing IM's (No...I didn't run for 7-8 hrs....I just found out that's how long a charge is good for). For my half, it won't be an issue. For my full, I'm wondering what you folks who use HR as "a" racing metric to watch.......handle using the amount of battery life you get with your Scoshe??

I suppose I could just use power on the bike. But, I've always liked being able to see my HR, also. Just wondering what you other Scoshe users are doing.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Scoshe and Ironman [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Rhythm+ lasts about 10 hours between the charges. Might be enough for bike+run.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  • Get another one and swap in T2
  • Just use it for bike or run, not both
  • use a normal chest strap
  • get faster so it lasts both bike/run

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny timing this question, cause I also just discovered the battery life of mine yesterday. 10hours 42min (per Suunto Movescount) Mine is new being a Christmas gift, so less than 2 months old. And being here in Northern Germany, it's not been subjected to any temps over 8*C yet. But still I wouldn't hesitate a bit to use it for a full.

One other thing I've found it's good for here.... we're often running in weather requiring long sleeves/jacket and gloves. So we end up strapping our watch on over the top of clothes for viewing, disabling the optics. With the Scoshe it's no problem.

CC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I purcased one recently after reading so many good reviews but my experience has been the opposite =/ It works kind of ok sometimes but over half my runs and bikes it has just been way off, definitely not accurate enough to be worthwhile. I have tried it on forearm, wrist, upper arm at different tensions.

Am I doing something wrong or does it just not work for me? I use the garmin HRM historically but it gives me a sidestitch at hard run efforts so I would love something I can actally race in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello nc452010 and All,

Perhaps turn the Scoshe off when not interested in HR .... turn it on when you want to look at Heart Rate.

It is easy since it is located where you can get to it for one push on ...... one push off ....

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Scoshe and Ironman [ntc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using mine for about a year and a half and have had no issues, huge upgrade for me from a chest strap, no idea how to troubleshoot but something seems off. Maybe a defective device even?

I used a chest strap for my only full, however for my next one (still to be scheduled) I'm thinking I will just buy a second scoshe. it seems like a drop in the bucket given all the $ I spend on triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nc452010 wrote:
Got my Scoshe a few weeks ago. It's working, flawlessly. Charge ran out on my run this morning, though, and it made me wonder what you all are doing who are racing IM's (No...I didn't run for 7-8 hrs....I just found out that's how long a charge is good for). For my half, it won't be an issue. For my full, I'm wondering what you folks who use HR as "a" racing metric to watch.......handle using the amount of battery life you get with your Scoshe??

I suppose I could just use power on the bike. But, I've always liked being able to see my HR, also. Just wondering what you other Scoshe users are doing.

Thanks.

I used it at IM coz last year. Put it on in T1 as not relevant on the swim for me. Lasted to about 33-34 k of the 42 k run. To be honest, the last 5-8k of the run is about simply moving forward, and HR pretty irrelevant by that time (IMO). I'd say it lasted about 11 hours or just under, as I went 12:20 and turned it on about an hour in.
Quote Reply
Re: Scoshe and Ironman [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nealhe wrote:
Hello nc452010 and All,

Perhaps turn the Scoshe off when not interested in HR .... turn it on when you want to look at Heart Rate.

It is easy since it is located where you can get to it for one push on ...... one push off ....

This. You can't use it in the swim, if you have a power meter you don't use on the bike as a primary, so turn it at about 60 mile in and you should be good to the finish.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Scoshe and Ironman [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
Get another one and swap in T2
Brilliant. This is the answer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For my IM last year I used a combination of my Garmin Tri chest strap for the swim and cycle and then switched the Scosche Rhythm+ on for the run. I wore both from the start, but didn't turn on the Scosche until T2 when I also took off the chest strap. I don't mind chest strap for the swim and bike but find it irritating and liable to slip during the run. I always knew I'd have to compromise for long events, the Scosche is only advertised as having something like 8hr battery life.
Quote Reply
Re: Scoshe and Ironman [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
nealhe wrote:
Hello nc452010 and All,

This. You can't use it in the swim, if you have a power meter you don't use on the bike as a primary, so turn it at about 60 mile in and you should be good to the finish.

This (above) is likely what I'll do (if I don't get an additional unit.....which is completely do-able).

Thanks for your collective inputs. Much appreciated.
Quote Reply