Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Score one for the Good Guys - G105 DeeJays
Quote | Reply
There has been a considerable amount of feedback to Clear Channel, G105, and the FCC from cyclists in this area. People have really gotten involved. PT Barnum said it best: "There is no such thing as bad publicity". The way to get the attention of CC and G105 Management? Get the sponsors to pull-out. This morning the Bob and Madison "Showgram" was glaringly absent for the airwaves. My understanding is that they are suspended. For how long remains to be seen. Supposedly there was to be an apology, but I wasn't in the Jeep long enough to hear it. One reason for the Showgram's suspension might be:

"Capital Ford does not endorse the views expressed by talent on the Clear Channel radio station G105. Capital Ford has terminated its sponsorship of this morning show, as well as the weather sponsorship on this radio station, until further notice. Please understand that Capital Ford values all members of our community, including cyclists, and we do not support any form of such discussed violence.

_Capital Ford"

http://www.capitalford.com/news.html

I am a triathlete and a bike commuter in this area. I ride to and from work (Cary, NC to Research Triangle Park, NC) 2 to 3 days a week. I would just like to say "Thanks" to you if you sent an email, wrote a letter, or got involved regarding this matter. Nothing worse than feeling like a target.

Joel
Quote Reply
Re: Score one for the Good Guys - G105 DeeJays [Joel Smith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ken Spitzer from CC e-mailed NC bike guru Chips Chapman and told him thursday and friday were both suspension days, apology to air on friday morning, wish I had radio that could pick that one up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oops...apology was this morning...missed it.
Quote Reply
Re: Score one for the Good Guys - G105 DeeJays [imanbri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the second or third time Clearchannel has aired the broadcast in a different market and each time they follow up with a similar pattern of conciliatory measures. The original broadcast draws lots of publicity as folks email and call their friends, the station, the sponsors, etc. Then they turn around and use a bunch of "we're sorry" statements and everyone is happy. Once can be forgiven, but not twice. If you really want to send a message, boycott clearchannel and their sponsors *permanently*. Commercial radio sucks anyway, so you're not really having to sacrifice much.

Any bets on what market will get the infamous broadcast next month?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"It's easier to apologize than to get permission."

I think a good idea is to call/write/email any local Clear Channel stations and give them a 'heads up' to not make the same mistakes their colleagues did. It amazes me that Clear Channel didn't do this themselves after the first or even second offense.
Quote Reply
Re: Score one for the Good Guys - G105 DeeJays [imanbri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scuttlebut on the TriNewbies forum is that the "suspension" is pretty much a phantom punishment. Apparently, many deejays take off the Thursday and Friday that the Marconi Awards occur. According to at least one poster on TrNewbies, this is that weekend. He suspects that Bob and Madison are at the awards, and that this gave G105 a convenient time to "suspend" them.

Don't know if it's true, and I would suspect that G105 will never own up to it, even if it is true.

--> Steve

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: Score one for the Good Guys - G105 DeeJays [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bob and Madison suck anyway. I listened occasionally when living in Raleigh. 88.1, NCSU's radio station was the best radio station.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply