Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

School me on groupsets
Quote | Reply
Can I put a Sram Red 22 crankset on my bike without switching out all the other components at the same time, i.e. cassette, shifters, derailleur, etc? I have a 2014 SC 7 with 105 compoets currently. Also, what is the difference between the different models of cranksets, i.e. GXP, BB30. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: School me on groupsets [ak_piper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Red 22 is the 11 speed groupset, your 105 is probably 10 speed. I think this might still work without swapping everything for 11 speed, but it might not shift as clean. Shifters and derailleurs need to match (sram with sram, shimano with shimano) but either shifter/derailleur combo will operate both shimano or sram crank/cassette (given they are both 10 speed).

GDP and BB30 refer to the bottom bracket. Should say on your frame somewhere what BB you have. Get the crank that matches to avoid the headache of installing adapters.
Quote Reply
Re: School me on groupsets [Tcorr44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it's 10 speed. They don't make a "red" groupset/crank for 10 speeds?
Quote Reply
Re: School me on groupsets [ak_piper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it will work but you will need to go with the GXP- Trek SC will not fit a BB30 crankset. you will also need to get a GXP BB for it as well. Sram Red does make a 10 speed chainrings as well- but either should work.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply