Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Say someone wanted to make the "smoothest" ride possible
Quote | Reply
Lets say that someone wanted to make the smoothest ride possible. This ride still has to be road raceable. That is, it can't be super heavy and still has to be fairly high performance.
1) What frame would you choose?
2) What wheels would you choose?
3) Other components that contribute to ride quality (i.e. handlebars, ergonomically confortable shifters, saddle, etc...)
Cost is not an issue, spend what you wish!

Yes, I shave my legs. Yes, I am comfortable with this. I am enlightened.
Last edited by: bloomers: Jul 15, 09 10:44
Quote Reply
Re: Say someone wanted to make the "smoothest" ride possible [bloomers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I loved loved loved my Softride Rocket R1 and TT7. There was no weight penalty compared to many many other bikes.

Being at the Softride is a thing of the past I would look no further than TitanFlex...it is very hard to ask for a better riding bike.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Say someone wanted to make the "smoothest" ride possible [bloomers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spec roubaix frame
zipp wheels
idk about the other stuff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Say someone wanted to make the "smoothest" ride possible [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
recumbent

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To give an answer to my own question, I don't think you can ever go wrong with a nice steel frame like the De Rosa Corum... like butter.

Yes, I shave my legs. Yes, I am comfortable with this. I am enlightened.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
To give an answer to my own question, I don't think you can ever go wrong with a nice steel frame like the De Rosa Corum... like butter.

what about a nice carbon frame like an RS with those teeeeeny seat stays?

or a titan flex, with those...WHERE ARE THE SEAT STAYS?

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think i'd go with a nice Ti frame built for smoothness (My Ghisallo was like butter)
Some 2009 Zipp 303's with nice wide tubbies like 24mm Vittoria Pave's
A carbon bar and stem.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anything where you can get a primo 25c tire with latex tubes on it.

That is all.

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with others on the Softride. I rode one for years. Very smooth ride and amazing stiffness all wrapped up into one bike. Still not sure why they did not make it.

But you say "road raceable", so that means UCI compliant and on that front, I have to say that either the Cervelo R3 or RS offer the absolute best combination of smooth ride and the stiffness that you may like for road racing.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never had a better ride than my big wheel when I was a kid
Quote Reply
Re: Say someone wanted to make the "smoothest" ride possible [Daninjawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R3 with some c2 wheels
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 If UCI constraints aren't an issue the TitanFlex bikes are hard to beat for "smoothest" ride. Paired with some HED C2s with 23s and latex tubes and you have a sweet ride.

I don't think the other components matter as much for comfort (exception- whatever saddle you currently like and use)

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply